Thread: What do yall think of th eimpulse 9considering it one of the mags biggest competitors

woody 2 Guest

Post What do yall think of th eimpulse 9considering it one of the mags biggest competitors

What are yalls impressions of the impulse? have yall ever shot it? had any freinds with problems with em? because i have noticed that many people i know are changing from mags to impulses...its very strange. seems like the mags biggest competitor (besides cocker) because of its cheap price tag. And also i wanted some opinions on it form people who arent all diehard smart parts and shocker fans.

------------------

well i put them into 2 different categories. i think that as stock, the mag is better. if you compare the stock triggers, the mags trigger is shorter(this is questionable) and less sloppy. The mag is more compact than the impulse because the mag is a tube with a fripframe. the impulse is a 3 tube stack.

i think that with the proper upgrades, the impulse is a great marker. the same goes with a mag, but with less upgrades needed.

just for the record, i have shot impulses before along with my mag, so i might be worthy of comparing.

i like the shockers cause of the light trigger pull. I also like the impulses. i wouldnt mind havin one of them.

A stock Impluse will outperform a stock (non-RT) Mag until the Impluse breaks. That about sums it up.

The Impulse is a nice marker, but not nearly as reliable as a Mag.

Nonetheless, I think that many people will choose it over a Mag for the higher initial performance.

Good Ole Amish Country, or just outside of lancaster PA

imho the olny good impy is the freak factory one there cool , bit mags are better, and for the price of an impulse i can get a bushy which is cooler, or i could get an rt

------------------
    you ever notice how elves do everyting???

No comparisson. How many electro-markers do you know are capable of operating without their batteries? Not to be biased or anything but simply just the idea of the e-mag is revolutionary, to actually have the gun comes close to heavenly. Nothing on the market can even come close.

------------------
    RT Pro P/F
    w/ AGD Flatline

He wasn't talking about an E-Mag, or even an RT. He was comparing an Impulse to a stock Automag/Minimag.

Ok heres the deal. I have both. Impulse and Mag. Impulse is 500 out of the box, works great. Mag out of the box 400, works just as good. Impulse has very sloppy trigger, this can be fixed with a WermStick from Imperial Paintball. They are both good guns but if you dont have batteries your out. The Impulse is just as easy to fix as a mag. I always carry spare 9 volts for my revvy so thats not a problem, but if it goes dead on the field your screwed.

Smile

Personally, I have tried an impulse with a freak kit and I thought it was a very nice gun. I will probably get one down the road!
    it is very accurate and it feels nice to shoot. Also keep in mind I am not biased to any single gun. (I love most all of em) Also about that "Sloppy Trigger" I don't know what you guys were talking about but the impulse I shot had a nice smooth trigger pull. I also picked An Impulse off the shelf and tried dry firing it yesterday and I fired a tank full off it. It was great. I personally think it is a great gun and that it is inherently accurate out of the box. True, a mag is more reliable, no arguing that, a mag is more reliable than most guns on the market. You know there is one thing the impulse has, that's nice anodizing. Every stock mag, except ones that have been "custom anodized" by some overcharging freak are a boring black or chrome. not to say they are ugly, its just that I like anodized guns. One thing about the impulse is also that they NEVER chop paint. THAT is one up on a mag.... my emag even chops occasionally... I don't like it but sometimes, even with a warp feed, a sticky ball gets halfway in... that's the way it is! However, in the impulse, the adjustable anti-chop eye will make sure you don't chop...always a nice feeling.

Well that's about all I have to say... I like impulses. I would definitely recommend one.
    Would I recommend one over a mag?? I would say the two are really close.

Home field: Chicago IL, Fox river games.
    My E-mag... #EM00534
    Freak system
    Clear AGD warp feed
    Ricochet Hopper
    88ci/3000 hyperflow
    2001 Drop Zone 2 (blue)
    Rase ELEVEN pack and Jt slider pants--

"In middle of this field, He who makes the fewest mistakes succeeds in the destruction of his opponent"

[This message has been edited by Gunner Kunzer (edited 08-23-2001).]

woody 2 Guest

cool, yallve about answered all my questions, im tryint o sell my mag now, for 500.. most of yal have seen it. but anyways i dont know what to get, so i thikk im gonna look into the impulse. But i want something new, something different. I kind want somehting more accurate and just think there are alot of pretty cool guns out there now, i mena theres a BUNCH, i never really thoght of it but the electro marker category has really grown, i seen tonsof electros for only 500 all the time... whats the world come to? lol

you want a more accurate gun? sorry to tell you, but all guns pretty much shoot the same distance with pretty much the same accuracy when set up right.. its basicly the barrel along with your paint that will make your gun accurate. the rest is just how comfortable you are holding and shooting your marker.