Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brasseagle.com got hacked

normally im neutral bout things such as this...but shartley...you NEED to relax. any one of us can debate this till we're blue in the face but the bottom line is this. regardless of "how it really is" and believe me i agree with some of your points about classification(its irritating i know)...the lingo changes. you know what a hacker was??? i think very few are old or geeky enough to recall but it just meant someone who was so well versed in whatever languages or operating systems that they could simply sit down at a foreign terminal and 'hack out' some code. thats it. theres gotta be more than a few coders running around complaining just as bitterly as yourself about frequent misuse of...well everything. does it help? no. does hacker mean what it once did? no. does anyone REALLY care? i hope the hell not. let the people doing the deeds worry about defining themselves. is it a real shocker that the media misinforms? heh..man, tell me when this wasnt so and ill buy you a beer. until then those of us that give a flying @#$% can stew in silence...well...most of the time :P

Talking

Shartley is cool...he's just trying to educate.

yeah i know, but regardless of whos right or wrong...in this case we're all screwed cause its almost a matter of opinion...well no, what gets me and im assuming shartley as well is giving the little punks that do most of this the 'honour' of being called a hacker. dubious honour but still more than they deserve, when what you really want to do is pound the snot out of them just on principal(or maybe thats just me)...if they didnt bother me i wouldnt care either way. but yknow, it doesnt really matter in the end. thing is most people dont like being told how and why theyre wrong in quite that manner. picking them apart makes them defensive and angry and does no good. i know, you could quote that right back to me...but itd prove a pretty solid point. just askin for a little bit o' tact when learnin' em is all.

when some people are right they are REALLY right. no matter what.

[This message has been edited by Restola (edited 08-23-2001).]

I'll say it once more....

Annoying!

------------------
    Jason "Muzikman" Beam
    • 68 Automag
      68 Automag (Pumpmag) w/ 6-Pak+
      Automag RT
      Sydarm

http://www.pittsburgh-music.com/paintball

Threads like these scare me Everyone's gangbanging shartley . I think the issue is finally resolved.

------------------
    Taking mags apart is fun, its even more fun when you don't know what you're doing

Ohh yeah and Tunaman sorry for all the stress and all the things I've broken.

*If corn oil is made of corn, what is baby oil made of?*

Just reading this and...."Who cares?" They still got in illegaly.

Btw....I think the confusion is that Hackers is a general term to group the crackers,phreakers and so on in one category. Cracking, phreaking and stuff are just specific acts of hacking.

Yes, hackers are a specific group as well....and are classified in the above. So whatever you wanna call it...it is still hacking.

Hackers or the act of hacking was what spawned all those other specific illegal acts.

But again....who cares, its still illegal.

From what i see someone got the password and by the dictionary's and the fbi's definitions it was hacked by a hacker.

Originally posted by shartley:
    Good points there SuperG. And we all KNOW how reliable the FBI has become over the last 20 years
    I'm sorry but I am just going to have to rage here. The FBI has handled millions of investigations over the past 20 years and they are being vilified for a handful of screwups. The McVeigh case and the Chinese researcher being the most notable.

But, in all honesty, what do you expect when you have an organization that large? There are bound to be mishaps and confusion. However, those do not happen as often as the media seems to suggest.

aint that the way tho? fbi, police, military, noone wants to know they exist as long as theyre taking care of business. but the second someone screws up everyone wants to jump on em, regardless of how many millions of other terrific things they do. its a depressing thought.

You guys are getting way off subject with this one now. Care to start one in Friendly corner and continue it there? I am not going to let this one get out of hand especially now that we are on a completely different subject. We can start one on that if you want.

I myself and many others are disappointed in the management and leadership within the FBI lately. Spy's openly active and selling America. Shooting innocent people thereby giving Kooks and Nut's real ammunition to work with in their paranoia... etc. That's why they are being overhauled. No one ever questioned the guys in the field and how hard they work just to have the Bosses screw up. Poor slobs I feel for them. But I digress...

Anyway...this topic has changed into something now that it wasn't. And it more and more begs to be in Friendly Corner (although I am not sure it's friendly anymore )

Let's do this...We will agree to disagree on the term Hacker. Right or wrong. We are here to discuss paintball. Let's close this one and move on. Call em Hackers if you like. Call em Crackers if you want. Spank their Butts and call them Judy! Don't argue about it. Live and let live...Fair enough?