Thread: >>>HELP.. X-Valve halves will not unscrew

>>>HELP.. X-Valve halves will not unscrew

Here's the problem...

The two halves of the X-valve are twisted in the wrong direction too hard. At this point, the aligment marks on the bottom side of the valve are approx. 1/8" in the wrong direction. The valve will not sit correctly on the rail, and the bolt scrapes agains the mainbody when the marker is fired.

I have tried to seperate the halves with a wrench but the bottom of the valve began to scratch (even with a towel wrapped twice around). I thought about putting the valve in a vice, but I am not sure how strong the aluminum is.

How can I get the two halves apart?

This valve is BRAND NEW. I have heard that AGD does not test the X-valves before they ship them out. I DO NOT want to pay shipping costs and wait weeks for my valve to return. I am not satisfied, to say the least.

try 2 strap wrenches? each on different halves and torque in opposite directions

The aluminum should be stronger than normal since it's circular. However you should at least take some cloth to put between the metal so it doesn't scratch. You might want to look into robogrips with robogrip condoms. Don't try to force anything though.

Good Traders: SupaTravis, Joeyjoe367, biker, Zenwood, arabian ape, beefstew, timmy63, ah137, kilaueakid, Will Wood, Remington, DicksonDood23, CPhilip, Fritzy, Dirtybunny, LittlePaintballBoy, JadedT, ChucktheMAGician, TheFlamingKoosh, lgavin
    My Feedback Thread
    Out of the sport... missing it.

MAybe there is dirt or debris in the threads, darklord is right thoguh, DONT force it! I had to learn that the hard way. The strap wrenches are the only think that come to mind.

Washington... AKA 'Cocker Country... Come get Some!
    maybe run the valve under some warm water for a bit... the warm metal should expand a little bit (how to get lids offa stuck jars )

wouln't go as extreme as to go to a blowtorch tho.

My Trading Feedback

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
    -Edmond Burke

Originally posted by joeyjoe367
    maybe run the valve under some warm water for a bit... the warm metal should expand a little bit (how to get lids offa stuck jars )

wouln't go as extreme as to go to a blowtorch tho.
    This actually kind of makes sense...

If you ran under hot water wouldn't both sides expands - thus leaving it stuck. With a jar, the lid is metal with a rubber seal and the jar is glass.

I would suggest the strap wrenchs

Or you might try holding some ice one the end you don't want to expand and some warm water on the other side?

NiteWolf

P.S. I noticed on mine that is was tight in getting the valve apart, but I was able to disassemble the halves by hand.

I appreciate the help. The valve is brand new so there (hopefully) is no dirt in the valve. I am going to try the strap wrenches. Do any AGD Techs have any say in this? I really don't want to screw up two day old valve.

Originally posted by who_311

This actually kind of makes sense...
    makes perfect sense in the rules of science
    "Try to look unimportant because the bad guys may be low on ammo"

-Murphy's Laws of Combat

My Feedback
    The Tunamart

Tunaman Built Mag
    ULE Body | Omega Rail | Retro LvL X | Intelliframe