Thread: mag questions

mag questions

hey i got a 47/3000 crossfire tank
    it says that the tank will only last 300 shots on a 800 psi operating gun.

but if the mag has a regulator that gives an output of ~400 would i get bout 600 shots?

I do know the AO sig rules, I just want a free sig pic, that's all!

My Gun CollectionhAppy's Official B/S/T thread - Feedback

cgrieves Guest
    Yes with the lower operating pressure you should get more shots, particularly since the automag regulates the internal pressure to around 300-400 psi. Although the volume of gas that the chamber requires is also important.

Also things like barrel length and velocity also affect the number of shots from a tank (the longer the barrel, the less gas/pressure is required to accelerate the ball to a given velocity)

thanks! i had more questions but i forgot them...

hmm how bout the nubbins or detent or whatever

i heard theres 2 kinds? what are the differences? and which one is better or cheaper, and where can i get them? or do they come w/ the barrels

o and someone said that the lvl 10 is a gas hog is this true?
    Last edited by xXhAppyAznXx; 03-11-2003 at 07:12 PM.

cgrieves Guest
    AGD used to supply wire nubbins, but now all the kits come with plastic ones. I think they are supposed to be more gentle on paint but to be honest I never had any problems with the wire ones....

what kit is this? do the plastic nubbins come inside the barrel or i have to buy it seperate? where do the nubbins go...?

cgrieves Guest
    .... I switched from CO2 to air when I installed my Lev10 so it's hard to say. With a 1.5L tank I get over 1000 shots so it's still pretty efficient I guess.

cgrieves Guest
    Nubbins come in the automag spares kit, it's worth having at least one kit.

The nubbin sits under the two barrel o-rings, there's a little channel machined in the outside of the barrel for it.

you re really helpful dude thanks!
    i bought an AGD auto/mini mag parts kit
    what is included?

and are all barrels universal? or at least the left and right feed barrels? a pf barrel should work w/ both types of bodies right?

cgrieves Guest
    No probs

Can't remember exactly what you get in a kit but you should get several of each of the wear O rings (power tube, on/off top) a couple of regulator seats, various non wear o-rings (barrels etc) and a couple of nubbins. Oh and a spare bolt spring. I think that's it....

All barrels should come with the grooves for left and right feed. Some older barrels had the right feed groove open but the left feed groove closed off (ten minutes with a file opens it out) but I doubt you'll see any new barrels like that.

Watch out for center feed barrels. There aren't many of them out there, so you aren't likely to run across one, but they will not fit a powerfeed body. (actually they will fit, but the hole will not line up properly with the feed)
    Coming Soon to a Bunker Near You!

Good Trader; RetroEclipseMan

thanks guys
    this place is really helpful

How do you adjust the velocity?
    i read that you have to screw the regulator inside of it?
    and if you turn it up too far up or down gas will leak?
    how do i get it perfect w/o leaking and still get it to 275 fps, its confusing

is there a velocity adjuster just like the spyder? where you can turn it with your finger?

Thanks for your help

cgrieves Guest
    The big screw right at the back of the valve is the adjuster. You may or may not have a tourney cap clamped to it to stop it from rotating.

Screw the adjuster in to increase velocity.

Older mags can have a problem with air (and with the level 10 kit) where the regulator leaks before you can get enough velocity. The only way to tell is to try it.....

if the regulator leaks how do i stop it from leaking?
    and on the little minimag manual it says that i should use Autolube oil i have KC trouble oil, will that work? shouldnt all oil work for all guns?

the 2 holes where you oil the valve are right next to each other right?

im also pretty sure im gonna get the lvl 10 as soon as i 100% understand my mag

If, while turning up the velocity on the reg, that it starts leaking out the back, pull and hold the trigger, and then twist the reg aduster in the opposite direction.

Yes, your oil will work.

Just drop a few drops in your air line and gas up. Shoot about 20 shots w/o the barrel on and you're ready to play.

Originally posted by Dayspring
    pull and hold the trigger, and then twist the reg aduster in the opposite direction.

Just drop a few drops in your air line and gas up. Shoot about 20 shots w/o the barrel on and you're ready to play.
    so i HOLD on the trigger while i turn it opposite direction, till it stops leaking ? and than i keep turning it whatever direction to make it reach 275 fps?

drop a few drops of oil into my macro line? hehe i never heard of this stuff but if you know what you re saying ill do it!

THANkS!

Please read what I said.

If, while you're turning it up, the gun blows air out the back end, pull & hold the trigger. This will stop the flow of air into the reg. Turn it counterclockwise until it stops venting. This would be the upper limit of your velocity adjuster.

As for the oil, it's the easiest way to make sure everything's lubed.

(PS- please use your signature ONCE per thread. you can disable it at the bottom of the reply/post box where you type)

alright thanks for your help!

since questions are being answered i guess i'll ask one. i haven't gotte to play with my mag yet but i will shoot it a couple of times with Co2. but after like twenty shots the bolt won't go back fully, it'll kind of stick, but no broken paint is in it. i hold the trigger in and it sems to fix it, but a couple of shots later and it does the same thing, do you think it's becaus eo fthe liquid Co2 getting into the valve???
    "dude, keep going straight, where's my dope?"- Carter

probably, you re not supposed to have any liquid co2 in it NONE

Re: mag questions

Originally posted by xXhAppyAznXx
    hey i got a 47/3000 crossfire tank
    it says that the tank will only last 300 shots on a 800 psi operating gun.

but if the mag has a regulator that gives an output of ~400 would i get bout 600 shots?
    The 300 shot limit they give is the difference between 3000psi and 800psi on the 47ci tank. You essentially have 2200psi of usable air. The mag will funtion down to about 500psi before its regulator will start to starve itself and you will lose velocity, so you have an extra 300psi of useable air on a mag over an 800psi operating gun. This equates to about 15%(~45) more shots.

You can increase your efficiency by using an 11" nonvented barrel that is matched to your paint. If you are using a vented barrel, make sure the nonvented portion is fairly long as that is the useable barrel length for ball acceleration. Use paint and barrel that are matched to each other. Reduce your shooting velocity to 275 from 280 (you won't notice much difference in distance but you will notice the increase in efficiency).

Keep you gun lubricated buy puting ail in the ASA or your quick connect at the valve. Do not use the holes in the bottom of the valve. They do nothing.

The nubbins to get are plastic. They don't break off and scuff your barrel. Nubbins generally don't come with the barrel. You have to buy them separely. You also have to buy the barrel o-rings. These things do come in the kits or can be purchased separately.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.