Thread: Breaking Paint

Breaking Paint

First of all I will admit that I am a new user of Automag products. I am having problems breaking alot of paint in my RT Pro. I am using it completly stock the way it came from AGD. I break balls pretty much every time I go out to play with it. To give you some of my background with paintball befor the RT I was using a Model 98 with their RT trigger. Now after havbing become pretty familiar with this forum. I realize that I shouldn't expect the same amount of response from the RT as I do from the Model 98, (ie its full auto like response). However that was not was I was going for when I bought the RT. I was looking at getting a higher quality marker. And I thimk I now have one but apparently am doing something wrong when I am using it. I don't know if I am sort stroking it or something else. I dont thimk it is any kind of paint to barrel match as I have used a variety of different paintballs ( JT, WORR, Diablo midnight). However I realize I could be wrong. I dont want to sell this marker but would really like to figure out what I am doing wrong. For some further info my current setup on the RT is the stock barrel, a 69 4500 pure energy fixed output tank, and either an EVO II or my 12v revy. So I know that this post was a little long winded but I would really appreciate any constuctive help. ALso I am currently deployed in support of Operation Enduring Freedom and dont currently have my RT with me so i can only respond about details from memory but that I have my marker on the way here so that I can test out what ever you guys suggest soon.
    Thanks, SSgt Williams
    40th EOD Flight

cgrieves Guest
    Easy answer- Level 10 bolt kit- all your chopping woes banished

I have it on both my classic mags and it works......

cgrieves Guest
    Let me expand on that.... the level 10 works by vastly decreasing the forward force of the bolt during the first half an inch or so of it's travel. The net effect is that if and when the bolt catches a ball not completely inside the breech, it gently presses it, then quickly releases it without chopping it. then the ball falls in the breech properly and you can fire it. The only signal you get that this is has happened is a gently "spsh" sound instead of a fired paintball. It's a genius solution (really- as an engineer I believe it is absolute genius in it's simplicity)

Obviously make sure your loader is working at the speed you require and that the ball feed path is functioning properly (most importantly the power feed plug if you have powerfeed).

I rarely short stroke the trigger (classic mag and retrovalved Mag) but it does happen, especially in the heat of a game. Obviously if you are relying heavily on the reactiveness of the trigger you are going to put your loader and feed path to the test. The level 10 lets you get away with the odd short stroke and the odd feed problem without things getting messy.

Both my level 10 kits worked with "factory" settings right out of the box, though be prepared to have a fiddle with it to tune it to perfection.

If your gun is consistently chopping, try and find a friendly fellow RT user and try swapping around barrels, loaders etc with them and see what works and what doesn't. It might be something as simple as a misshapen bore in your barrel, faulty nubbin etc etc. RTs did have a reputation for chopping balls, but in my opinion that was always unfair- really the problem was that the RT's performance was ahead of it's time and existed in a world where loaders couldn't really cope.