Thread: Unireg 320 question

cgrieves Guest

Unireg 320 question

I'm currently using an Air America Unireg 320 (Stainless, 2 gauges, Takes a "male" screw-in bottle in the back). Works fine, very happy with it, but I am using a composite 4500 psi rated 92Cu bottle. The unireg states 3000psi on the side, although the input gauge reads up to 5000psi- is it a case of simply switching spring packs to enable 4500 psi input to the reg, or is it a structural issue?

I'm going to say NO. Simply because there is a chance the reg housing won't be able to take the preassure. The burst disks will blow (not that you cant change them, but they are blowing for a reason).

In reality the housing probably wouldn't explode, but it might not be able to take the preassure for too, long. If it was able to take 4500psi it would say so. Also with the gauge, the SP minigauge that came on my Vert Max flow goes up to 300psi, if I jacked my Max's output to 300psi I would blow my solinoid, easy (this is before my LPR of course).

NYX-Matrix/Mamba IR3
    -----> Click the picture, do it!

PBnation

Impulse Owners Group (IOG)

Hi, As you are in the UK, I would strongly reccomend that you give John Sosta a ring at Powerpulse.
    They are the UK distributers for Air America and Airgun Designs and are based in Essex. He will be able to answer you questions correctly.

cgrieves Guest
    Yeah thanks guys, that's pretty much what I thought. realistically 1.5 litres at 3000psi gets me 1000 good shots anyway which is more paint than I can carry!

Swaprat- I'll check with John when I see him next weekend