Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hacking the E-mag?

whats the website for the green led displays?
    Drive it like you stole it.
    Shoot it like you borrowed it.
    Who Dares, Plays.

Green LED displays right here: http://airsoldier.com (down the page about halfway - will hopefully have a dedicated 'E-Mag Parts' page up soon)

Question

can u get different colored one's? like blue?
    where do YOU order these from? like where does air soldier buy these from?

No, blue isn't available. There's orange, yellow, green and 2 shades of red.

man, blue is the best color, arg.
    can u post pics of the orange ones the the two shades of red?
    if one of the reds is like the stock led, u don't need to put it up.

I only have green in stock right now, as I felt it would be the most 'different'. You should be able to imagine yellow and orange pretty well (photographing the displays to properly reflect the true emitted color is quite tricky anyhow)

thanks anyway

Have Blue, Im no expert on LED's but why are clear or white LED's hard to find? Ive seen them and I would think they shouldent be that hard to make
    Quote of the year: "Reading blwos"

As little as 10 cents a day and you can buy my family out of slavery... Hurry before its too late!

White LEDs are tough to find because a) they're a relatively new technology (red LEDs have been available since 1969 but white LEDs only came out around 5 years ago) and b) they're actually modified blue LEDs. White LEDs use a phosphor that glows white when activated by the light from the blue LED.

So they're becoming easier to make, but they're still expensive.

so i guess it will be a while before a white LED display would be feasible....

Yes, it would be quite some time before even a blue display would be available.

check this site for some parts such as pbasic chips optical eyes and displayes.

www.allelectronics.com

Have Blue, the white LED's are blue LED's with a yellow phosphor layer in front right? so couldent you maybe take a yellow display use a window to get a blue/white looking display? Just an idea.

If it were that easy, it would have been done long ago.

The color of the phosphor itself isn't the issue - it's what color the phosphor will emit when activated and what wavelength is needed for excitation.

it looks like www.newark.com has the displays, do a search for "led alphaneumeric"

i have just riecently obtained access to a emag, so it looks like i might be joining the fun teehehe.
    As society and the problems that face it become more and more complex and machines become more and more intelligent, people will let machines make more of their decisions for them, simply because machine-made decisions will bring better results than man-made ones. Eventually a stage may be reached at which the decisions necessary to keep the system running will be so complex that human beings will be incapable of making them intelligently. At that stage the machines will be in effective control. People won't be able to just turn the machines off, because they will be so dependent on them that turning them off would amount to suicide

sometimes I just freaking hate people. which means the next day I will love them for the sake of balance, but right now I will just concentrate on the hating. Hate hate hate. Blaaaarg!

turborev - with ai like this, if it controlled any more than a paddle, it would kill you and everyone you care about.

I'm read of a few recend developments concerning Blue LED's so i'm still holding out hope i may get one for my EMag someday...

single blue led's are a couple bucks a pop,

8 characters composed of a 5x7 matrex of led's would be expensive as hell.

would you sell your soul for a blue led display?

Well..at the rate technology spins out of control i couldn't imagine it would stay that same price in say a year or two...

and then again, there is always the price that people are welling to pay for led's. a couple cents for a red one, or a couple bucks for a pretty blue one..... oh so pretty.

/me blindly follows the blue led

yes master.

personman Guest
    I dont know much about emags or electronics, I was just wondering if you could program the emag to tell you how much juice is left in the battery.
    It would be more helpful than a game timer, I think..

Originally posted by 314159

would you sell your soul for a blue led display?
    I would have to think for awhile... if you held it under my nose.... probably.

J_

purple would be pretty cool too...(I know that's even less possible than blue..but oh well..)

Emagnum

Does anyone here know anything about the emagnum board? Im purchasing a gun with one installed and would like to know, pros/cons of one or anything else you know.

AGD Pride Emag With 4.0 For Sale Here
    03 Vision Shocker #00014 BLUE
    "Personally all I want is a stripper and a corn dog" by RevBrown

http://www.crystalfontz.com/products/index-std.html

hehehe, i have the pretty blue one on the bottom.

As far as I know, the E-Magnum board is simply a KM2 Morlock board pre-configured for use with the E-Mag.

http://www.exarin.com/products/morlock.html

These are interesting... have you interfaced them with the emag? Care to share?

J_

Originally posted by Exodus
    http://www.crystalfontz.com/products/index-std.html

hehehe, i have the pretty blue one on the bottom.