Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it possible to use RIT Dye to color Evo-II's?

Is it possible to use RIT Dye to color Evo-II's?

hey i know it is possible with Revy's to put a clear shell in RIT Dye to color it. Is the same thing possible with the new Evo-II's? and if so how does it look, is it still transparent?

Metal kids have more fun!!

Atleast wipers are good for something........target practice.

-=Proud 04 Shocker Owner=-

::::::Punishers Paintball::::::

"Ok, i said i would do make this for people that maybe don't want to settle with clear or black eggolutions. Here you guys go:

First off, this method will give a kind of transparent colored finish that resembles the colored halos, so if you don't like that, don't do this.

Step One: Go to the store and get your desired color of dye. I would recommend RIT laundry dye. i have used it on many lacrosse heads and it works great for this too.

Step Two: Take apart your CLEAR evolution and only worry about the shells with the dying.

Step Three: Fill a large pot with water and boil it. Add the dye to the pot and stir it up real good so all the powder is dissolved. I wouldn't recomend using wood spoons to stir unless you want your spoon to match your hopper.

Step Four: Once the water is boiling let it sit for a short time until it is no longer bubbling. At this point, put your evo shells into the water and allow them to sit in there until they are a little bit darker than the color you want to achieve. Try not to let the shell touch the sides so they don't melt on the hot metal.

Step Five: Remove the shells from the water and wash them in COLD water until the water is running clear off the shells. If after this it is too light, you can put it back in the dye.

Step Six: Put your egg back together and marvel at the magnificent colored egg that you and you alone possess" Wicked Impulse from IOG.
    -AKA Viking
    -WASED Out
    -Halo B,rip drive,z code
    -14 in. Ultralite

and it will still be transparent. Ijust dyed my revy to match my red ULE. Its awesome

pbguy888 i love you, i want to have your babies

Mawbe im stupid but how do you keep the shells in the pot without them touching the sides...

Originally posted by .bolink
    Mawbe im stupid but how do you keep the shells in the pot without them touching the sides...
    When I dyed my revy, it touched the sides. I kust kept moving it around and it turned out alright. If you don't let it remain in contact with the side for a long period of time, you'll be fine.

Team Sandbaggers.
    -We own j00 all.-

any pics?

Anyone that has done this got any pics to share? I like the idea. Sounds simple enough.

Did i hear someone say pictures?

Isn't it a beauty, took about 5 mins per part. Oh and i used the RIT Royal Blue, so if u like my color use the Royal Blue.

Hmmm...im thinking how i could put a logo on the side of my Halo B when i get it back...I want to do a Level 10 inside sticker (Intel inside takeoff...i know im not original). Hmmm....

paint_munkey Guest
    nice job.
    here's a link for a thread over at pbn where some guy was trying to sell custom flame eggs if anyone's interested:

http://pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=217369

Hmmm...im thinking how i could put a logo on the side of my Halo B when i get it back...I want to do a Level 10 inside sticker (Intel inside takeoff...i know im not original). Hmmm....
    Check it out...

Yeah I know Thats where I got the idea...but you see, what I want to do is to cut out the design on the sticker and put them on there. Then dye the shells with the sticker on it so that wherever there isnt blue...will be the desired color...and the Level 10 sticker will then be peeled off and leave pattern clear on the shell...that way it doesnt stand out too much...and looks cleaner than a sticker. But the problem is figureing out how to keep the dye from hitting the opposite side of the shell (the inside). If it got to the inside of the shell it would defeat the whole purpose...

Originally posted by ZyperioN
    Did i hear someone say pictures?

Isn't it a beauty, took about 5 mins per part. Oh and i used the RIT Royal Blue, so if u like my color use the Royal Blue.
    That has to be the sweetest egg I've ever seen.
    O FLAGPULL O

Cincinnati All-Stars

thanx, yeah it is absolutely amazing, i never thought it would look this nice. i was just waiting for some kid to try and use easter egg dye, i would LMAO.

just wondering, would this work on a Clear Proteus Mask.

Now THAT would be cool...

Originally posted by adam326969
    just wondering, would this work on a Clear Proteus Mask.
    I would assume it would work. The plastic should accept dye like most clear plastics/rubber used in paintball.

I know that it works for most clear plastics, but try it, nothing will go wrong. If it doesnt work the plastic will just not take the dye and the mask will remain clear. Just imagine the colors you could get.

i am going to try to make it red....ill get pics to show u how it turns out

my clear proteus is now a red proteus!..it works great

How bout some pic's of that beauty?

Originally posted by adam326969
    my clear proteus is now a red proteus!..it works great

Automagking u r my hero

if i can fix my camera, ill have pics up soon

Yeah I know Thats where I got the idea...but you see, what I want to do is to cut out the design on the sticker and put them on there. Then dye the shells with the sticker on it so that wherever there isnt blue...will be the desired color...and the Level 10 sticker will then be peeled off and leave pattern clear on the shell...that way it doesnt stand out too much...and looks cleaner than a sticker. But the problem is figureing out how to keep the dye from hitting the opposite side of the shell (the inside). If it got to the inside of the shell it would defeat the whole purpose...
    just make the desine out of masking tape and put it on there then dye it

Captain Of
    Triage Kidz

Triage Kidz is looking for members email me for details.

[*IMG]http://fallingaway.com/ao_upload/maglover52_fix.gif[/IMG]
    Filesize too large- Tato
    Proud Owner Of A:

~
    Dust Cobalt DM4

Originally posted by maglover52

just make the desine out of masking tape and put it on there then dye it
    The sticker would be cleaner, but it might not work. The sticker could peel off in the dye, or the dye could bleed into the edge making it blurry. And that's assuming you can find a way to dye only one side of a shell (as bolink stated earlier: if you successfully mask one side of a shell, the other side is still suceptable to the coloring process. Even if you apply the same mask to the opposite side, there is really no way to make it look clean...)

try crayon, draw the design with crayon, if u lucky the boiling water wont wash it off and u can just clean it off once the dyeing is complete.

im soooo doin this but im gonna make it multi colored, but i guess i gotta get a clear egg to do it to, meh, i'll just do this and sell my black one

Originally posted by ZyperioN
    try crayon, draw the design with crayon, if u lucky the boiling water wont wash it off and u can just clean it off once the dyeing is complete.
    dont use crayon, if u want designs take a hot glue gun, and put the design onto the shell, then of course let it dry, then die it

I'm working on a blue to black fade revy. I have the blue done. I couldn't get it as dark as Zyperion's egg. It sure took me longer than 5 min to get it as blue as I did. I think possibly I had too much water, and not enough dye. I used the whole package, but the pot I had to use was pretty big, so it my have diluted the dye. My blue is about as dark as a standard blue revy shell. I used rit royal blue powder. I'll post pics when I do the other half sometime next week.