Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it possible to use RIT Dye to color Evo-II's?

yeah, not enough dye it sounds like to me

Nice keep us Updated!!!

Metal kids have more fun!!

Atleast wipers are good for something........target practice.

-=Proud 04 Shocker Owner=-

::::::Punishers Paintball::::::

You can also make it darker later by placing in the dye again so if u wanted ur blue darker u could have it that way.

I'll probably just leave it the shade it is now. I did put it in the dye about 5 times trying to get it darker. I was heating up the water and stirring it between dunks. It seemed to hit a point where it was not getting any darker so I stopped. The dye solution I poured down the sink afterwards was a lot darker than the revy turned out. About the same shade as Z's egg.

I'll post a pic of how looks so far when I get home from work.

Yay!!! Pictures!!!

Here you go. It looks darker in the pic than it does to the eye. I'll do the clear part black later.

Thumbs up

looks good... The black dye will probably end up looking smoke unless you get a higher concentration of it. When I did my Revy, I used the liquid dye and poured the whole thing in. The pot I used wouldn't fit the revy all the way in, so I did the front then the back. Maybe since it was a smaller pot there was a higher concentration, but my revy perfectly matches my red ULE body.

nice work i cant wait to see it finished

I'm actually trying for smoke as opposed to solid black. I still want it translucent. I hope it comes out darker than the normal smoke revys, but if thats as dark as it gets I can live with it.

so what is this RIT Dye? And where the heck would you get it? I know this prolly sounds like a retarded question, but hey, just curious.

RIT is a brand of fabric dye. I got mine at a fabric store, but I'm sure they sell it other places. Ask your mom, she probably knows where to find some in your town.

hurry up with some new pics blennidae!!!!

i got my RIT at the local Krogers or any other grocery store.

alright thanks guys

Finished product

All in all, it didn't turn out as nice as I was hoping, but at least its different. Please ignore the patio, too lazy to sweep the leaves. The cocker is just my dabbling on the darkside, my primary is my black ULE Emag.

And the pic...

hey i know the fade part of it didnt come out as expected but it matches the gun great, the transition from blue to black lines up almost perfectly with the anno of your 'cocker. Nice job man!!!

I HATE YOU GUYS

when i saw that black/blue hopper with that cocker, i damn near creamed my pants. I NEED to do this, damn you all strait to hell. o lordy.. must.. have... fade... halo!
    Originally posted by Archangel Kid
    IF I WANTED AN ANGEL AIR I WOULD GLUE A GAMEBOY TO MY FRIKIN TANK.

dyed bolt

I just dyed my bushy bolt, and it looke cool. expect pics.. thursday, latest.

i dyed my warp fade forest green to black, looks awsome pics up soon

w00t more pics!!!!!

I'm interested in seeing the green to black fade as well. One thing I didnt mention was my battery cover took the dye alot faster than the rest of the revy did. One dip in the black dye and it came out REALLY dark.

I would practice with a clear VL200 basic before you go boiling the shells of your $90 hopper .
    My Mini-Mag:
    Red ULE Body
    X-valve
    Level 10 Bolt
    Itelliframe with "blade trigger"
    Silver gas through Grip with red grip
    Red Dead on "Pro-Style" 7.5 inch drop forward
    All-American Barrel with 10 inch AA front and 14 freak front
    Red "RIT" dyed eVolution II Loader
    68/4500 Center Flag tank with red Angel Air "Lok Sok"

uh revy's dont cost $90 and im the only one to do an Evo-II so far(which was $85) so what are u talking about exactly?

Paintchucker Guest

You can pick up new revy shells for $6-10/each, and get a bottle of liquid rit dye for $3.50 at the grocery store.

Sorry pictures aren't so good, but all I got. I tried an interesting experiment by only putting dye on the inside. I taped up the cracks with electric tape. I tried to get a diagonal line across the hopper from high front to low center. I also put a small hole in the tape so it would drain out slowly putting more die towards the front then the center for a true fade.

Fun Experiment, and took about 45 minutes... I also tried to darken a pair of dye blue grips, and the lid on the hopper is a perfect shade of blue, but it was submerged on both sides... Hmmmmm... I do still have a half a bottle of dye left. Not sure if I am ready to do the $125 clear HaloB or not... LOL
    Last edited by Paintchucker; 05-18-2003 at 09:27 PM.

Originally posted by automagking182
    I wouldn't do that with a mask, it could weaken it...does anyone know that it does or does not?

Originally posted by ZyperioN
    uh revy's dont cost $90 and im the only one to do an Evo-II so far(which was $85) so what are u talking about exactly?
    this thread was about eggos so i meant eggos, and yes, eggos retail for $89.99 also so known as $90!

Originally posted by trutle
    this thread was about eggos so i meant eggos, and yes, eggos retail for $89.99 also so known as $90!
    Its too late for him to practice, he was successful already.

I think someone said they did their mask. I'm hoping they just meant the frame, NOT the lens.

thank you blennidae for spreading the knowledge to trutle, oh and i got my Evo for "$84.99 also known as $85"

Come on guys, its $5...

He was just expressing some concern. He shouldn't be hassled for that. To be honest, I'd be reluctant to do this procedure to any protective equipment. If it weakens my revy shell its one thing, my mask would be a different story.

P.S. Paintchucker, nice work. Your fade turned out better than mine. I wonder if I should have done the black first, since it seems like it covered the blue.
    Last edited by Blennidae; 05-18-2003 at 06:19 PM.