Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Fade Powder Coating

redrider, im the person who is having u do some parts for me in blue. i was wondering if u had received my site rail from 888paintball yet? also i will be sending out my other parts thursday. u havent responded to my email so im posting it here,

RedRider87 e-mail me when u can do my mag

i dont really want my mag to be powdercoated

If you don't want it powdercoated, then don't get it powdercoated. You also know you can fine peoples e-mail adress by clicking on the little envelope above thier post.

Hey Red can I see A picture of a Blue fade ??? When its done...

------------------
    Aim: TacticalJay
    Email: TacticalJay8@adelphia.net
    EMAG WITH:
    Blue Warp Feed
    Blue 12 Volt
    68ci 3000psi Stub
    Lapco Bigshot
    12 inch Splashed red AA
    Kapp DZII

Question

can you tell us how you are powder coating this stuff?? i just wanna know........ please!

I want to know how you are doing it too.

Guys if you want to now how I powder coat some thing e-mail me. I don't want to use the space on the AGD forum for that. Please e-mail and I will e-mail you back.

Green body screw?

Originally posted by Xzion
    AND HERES THE PIC TO PROVE IT!!! *waits anxiously for the UPS man to drop his new red and black shiny baby to him*

Did anybody else notice that the front grip screw is green?
    Brent "Twiek" Crowe
    NCSUPaintball.com

Lol green screw indeed. Oh well, then he won't lose it as easy . Lol, I can't wait to see the blue!!
    "If everything is under control your not moving fast enough."

I am sorry guys, but the package took me for EVER to get out, I am so sorry. He should have it, and I'll be happy as long as I get it by Novemember.

yeah, I noticed the green front frame screw too, though its Redriders screw, mines right here in a lil plastic baggie
    and I shold have the black/red body back soon... now that we have some shipping problems solved... I think hehe

What is wrong with a green screw. My old minimag was black teflon with the two scews and the drop in that alien green. I looked awsome.

I still have not recieved the blue fade yet. I am doing a blue to silver soon. I also can do anodize purple to black now too.

Do you powder coat hardware as well? It would be cool to have an entire gun's screws a different color (such as green). Do you have a website, or are you trying to keep your demand low?

I think he should have one... show off his wonderful work to an otherwise deprived world lol

I do not have one. This is a little hobby for me right now. I do have a friend that wants to make one for me. So we will see. I need to get more pix first.
    The green screw is just paint. I did that on my mag and it looked pretty cool. They scratch real easy but they are not hard to strip and do again.

FINALLY GOT MY MINIMAG MAINBODY BACK!!

Just got my Mainbody back from Redrider, and it looks great! I'll have pics up as soon as I can, may take a little while before I can actually finish the roll and get them developed, but there will be some coming...

Link to my RR powdercoat post:
    https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...2298#post96246

I just got the blue to black and the blue to silver fades done. They look good.

Thumbs up Black-Blue and Silver-Blue Fade Pics

Got the pics Redrider, thought id post them up for you, and show off that wonderful work, enjoy all!

Black to Blue:

Silver to Blue:
    Last edited by Xzion; 09-11-2001 at 09:57 AM.

Durability?

How well does the powdercoat finish hold up compared to anodizing? Do you apply a clear coat over the color coat?
    Life is a journey, not a destination. Get off the couch before you miss the ride.
    Midwestgrafix.com

gotta love those green screws
    If Your Gun is shiny enough it'll reflect sun in their eyes and no it isn't wrong to kick dust down the field in the wind

I can do a clear coat on the powder. I usually do not but if you ask me I will. Also on the silver I always put a clear coat on it.
    Powder is strong but since it is on the metal not in it like anodizing it is a little weaker. With some care it will last a long time and since it is inexpensive you can have it redone cheaply. Since it is not so expensive you can change the color and look of your gun easily too.

Removing Anodizing?

Red:

My son has a marker that has a bunch of wear and tear on the anodized finish. Can the anodizing be removed with chemicals or is it best to bead blast it?

Thanks..

Geezer
    In the past I have used oven cleaner to remove anodizing. I do know if you are not careful you can eat away the metal. I have never bead blasted any thing so I don't know. I do know the oven cleaner will remove it but be careful.
    If you want the gun to look new and in a new color I could powder coat it for you.

think you could do a black to dark green to silver powder coat with a clear over it

Flymonkey.. That would be real hard to do. That is three colors. With powder the more colors you add the more they do not want to blend in they get grainy were they meet. It would not be a fade it would be a blend. Plus a clear coat that is four coats.

For every one that e-mailed me in the last few days. My computer was broken and I could not use it. I got it back from the shop today. From now on I will e-mail you back real quick. Sorry about that.

$20 for everything??!! Thats insane!! I still haven't decided if I want it done (i already have a chrome minimag thats pretty sweet), but if I do then I will definitly have you do it!

Lead: I charge $20 for the body and $5 for each extra part on the fades.

Sweet. What do you think would go best with a red spash eclipse kit? That is what I am looking to do right now. And if a powder coat will compliment it, I may get that too.