Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Free Fade Powder Coating

I have e-mailed you. I wonder if something is up with my computer or yours? I do my e-mail every night. Except week ends. I e-mailed you last night let me know if you got it ok?

i got ur emails , i just wanted to make sure

Yes redrider incase you didn't get my other email I was wondering if you can send me a picture or post a pic of the silver vein, cause I think thats what I want, thansk

I sent you one on Sunday night. let me know if you got it.

I got it, thansk again, but I am just deciding now what I want, thanks

auto send it to me, rapiscrap52@aol.com

Cool

hey mag seeker can you e-mail tha pic of the silver vein or post it up here????? i would like to see
    good traders- agdmagman2001, magdude25,Geoff Noble, than205, X-plosive, speedball4life, CoFFey[NiTrO], Snakebite78, zads27

Have you done any RT mags? I would like to see them. I love the red fade. That looks sweet!

Still doing fades? How about just plain black? LMK.. I might have a spare body or two laying around...

I can do RT's I did 2 this week. I am still doing all my reguler colors. E-mail me at redrider87@aol.com

I now have a few new colors. I have anodize purple, metallic green and a new 3D method that looks killer. I can do the 3d on all my anodize colors to give it a lava look. The red has red bubbles with black cracks. Its hard to explain but it looks killer!!. I can also fade it!!!

Arman/XPM Guest
    redrider87,

Hello - How much do you charge again to do a powdercoat job?

redrider, could you perhaps show us some pics of this new method, sounds really interesting. I'm seriously thinking of gettin my mini powdercoated.

Red see if you can get some pics up, I am really interested in that lava red , once I get my cocker, I will have you do that too, Thanks

I will as soon as I can. I have to do a ton of guns right now. I will do my cocker in the red some time this week. (I hope). I will put pix up if I learn how.

Thumbs up Cant wait!!

Red, I am shipping you my marker on Wed. I was wondering if you can do the mainbody and rail in the 3D redlava and the sightrail and foregrip in the 3D blue? If so thats what I want! If not just the 3D RED lava. Thanks.

Redrider; When ya get the pics, e-mail them to me, and I'll post them for you if you like, just like all the other pics

View My Mags

"Think First, Think Fast, Be Careful, Pursue. Be Great."

someone should send 1 person all the pics of his work and just post it on this last page. i wanna see all the cool colors. not for me to get it powerdercoated but just for everyone to see. i'm sure everyone is interested in how all the guns look and how the colors look.

minimag:
    -dye 14" ss barrel
    -dye 12" ultralite
    -expansion chamber (i like it as a foregrip)
    -steel braided hoses
    -45/3000 preset pure energy
    -eclipse mini drop
    -vl revvy w/ xboard
    -check-it on/off unimount
    -----future upgrades-------
    -xvalve
    -intelliframe
    -ule frame black

spyder xtra (for friends to use):
    -sp 14" teardrop

next gun:
    -macdev sonic cyborg
    or
    -powerlyte isis

iisp0tii Guest
    poweder coating is easy, im going to get my whole gun along w/ barrel, & handle coated, i just dont know what colors to fade.

Another Pic from RedRider:

Looking good Red

Cool

that is f***ing sweet man hey post pics of all your work redrider or e-mail them to me and i will make a part of my page to all of your work and will give your e-mai out and pricing so you will have a buisness that will spread with my friends ok lemme know.

Yeah I can't wait to get my powercoating from redrider. It's gonna be sweet...it sure is.

Mike
    "If everything is under control your not moving fast enough."

my gun just got coated as we speak, hes sending it back, ill put pics up

man thats sweet, Hope red gets some sleep , he has so many guns to do now, man you must be rich right red?

Red, you wouldn't happen to have blue p/c in any other shades do you?...just wondering..although i'd still like to get my gun in a nice blue/black fade...

First off I would like to say I AM SORRY to the guys waiting for there guns. I had too many guns and not enought time. I had to hand polish a teflon mag for two days just to get it ready. I had to send out a grip frame to be taken a part. I also had too many to do. I am sorry!!!
    Right now there is a waiting list of about a week. For the people that or just e-mailing me know. Not the ones I already have. Those will be out Monday at the Latest. Again I am sorry but not having more then 24 hours in one day and only sleeping 4 hours sucks!!!

Red, i won't be able to send mine in for about 2 weeks so i'm not a priority at all..but i would like to get on the list for around Thanksgiving...

Yes Red get your sleep, I will email you tonight, discussing my job, but dont let this get ahold of you too much

hey red gimme a pm when you get my parts thanks a lot

marc

RE: powdercoating at local stores

Just want to share my experiences about getting my automag body powdercoated at a local store in response to a post a while back. I live in Irvine, CA. I read about powdercoating in a different forum, so I pull out my yellow pages to look up some powdercoating shops in the area, and there are a couple in the area in the Fontain Valley area, so I drive out there and have a couple stores take a look at the body to see if they could do it. The first store I went to wanted $35 for a basic blue powdercoat, and $10 extra if I wanted an metallic color. I figured that was an ok price, so i give him my body and pick it up in three days. When I got it back, I couldn't believe what I saw. My automag body looked like a piece of ****, literally. The surface of my body looked wrinkled and ribbed, its not something i can really describe, but trust me it looked hideous. The store owner wasn't in that day(his wife was and she didn't know anything about why it came out like this) so I decided to try another powdercoat shop in the area. Then I am told by the second owner that the first owner didn't properly clean the surface before powdercoating it, thats why the surface came out 'wrinkled'. So I decide let this second guy have a crack at it. He charged $10 for stripping off the first coat, then another $35 for the job itself. I got it back in roughly a week, and this time it looked fine, just like the way a stock AGD Black Teflon mainbody would look like, but instead, I spent 35+10+35 to make my grey body look black, not the mention the time waste driving back and forth. For that amount of money I could've easily purchased another used body. So I just wanted to share this with everyone who might be thinking about taking their paintball parts to just any local powdercoat store in their area, I highly recommend against it. I am getting my used RT from EBAY in a couple of days, and I am expecting to be scratched at least in some places. I am not trying to pitch sale for Redrider, just judging from the pictures posted in this thread, I am going to send him my RT as soon as I can. First off, he owns a paintgun, so he understands that powdercoat is actually a pretty 'thick' coating that may interfere with tolerances (ie getting the mainbody and rail to fit properly) if the powdercoat is not done correctly, it may cause leaks and such. Second, as far as I know, no one out there even knows how to do a fade powdercoat other than him. And finally, his prices seem very reasonable. My advice to everyone is to please take the time to read the 6 pages of posts under this thread, so you don't flood Redrider with the same questions about price/color that might have been answered elsewhere in the post. Poor guy probably has a backlog of jobs well into next year, and at $25 for a mainbody fade, he is doing a HUGE favor for us AO members by offering his services.
    Red Chord V2 RT Pro