Thread: sight rails

sight rails

Ok here I go again with ULE questions. I have seen ULE mags with what looks like Classic Rt sight rails and noticed that they are screwed in the same way my classics sight rail is (3 allens on both sides of the body rail). My question is how is that done? Do I have to drill my body rail( I dont like that idea), or does the ULE body fit on the classic rail? I hope its the last one.

Only RT length rails have the holes in the side.

Some of them do NOT have the front vertical ASA mounting hole. So that's why they require the rail down the side.

You can put a ULE body into a RT drilled rail no problem.

And you can swap a RT site rail into an EMAG rail no problem, but the Emag will not take the front grip rail.

Hope that helps you some. But the rails will NOT go onto a CLASSIC AM/MM rail without modding it.

A ULE Body will fit a classic rail, and it will fit an Emag rail, and it will fit a RT rail.

The site rail will fit the RT and the EMAG rails.

The front grip rail will fit the RT rail only.

DM

Ok so I need to find/buy another Rt rail. Does it matter if its a Classic Rt rail or a Rt Pro rail. I know the classic is a gas through rail and the pro isnt. Just wondering due to the fact that I can buy a new classic rail from AGD for $99 but I didnt see a pro rail.

I'm funcused.... what rail do you have? A classic AM/MM rail with the drop in sear pin? Or do you have a RT style that has the holes front and rear that takes the screw in sear?

A ULE body will fit either of them. A classic site rail slips over the body from the rear and is held n place by a set screw from the top. A RT style site rail slips over the rail and is held in place by 3 allens on each side.

There are site rails that fit both. You can put a classic style onto a RT style frame because it does not have anything to do with the frame, but the body. You can't put a RT style on anything other than RT and EMAG style.

So is your rail a classic AM/MM rail? Or an RT or Emag rail?

DM

Ok to clear things up for you. I have a Classic Automag Rt and a brand new ULE Rt. I dont want to take anything from the Classic Automag Rt. On the ULE Rt I want to put a chrome sight rail the ones that I have seen has the 3 allen holes for the Classic Rt rail. I was wanting to know if the ULE body will fit on the classic rail. You said it would(if Im understanding correctly that is(been a bad day)). Now I wanted to know if it was a better idea to use a Rt Pro rail instead or does it not matter or are the rails the same. I know that the Classic Rt has a gas through rail and from my understanding the Rt Pro does not.

So to make a long story short(oops to late ) which rail should I get the Classic Rt or the Rt Pro? If the Rt Pro rail is the better choice where can I get one. AGD does not have a Rt Pro rail for sale. They have the Classic Rt

You can always buy a site that mounts to the body rather than the rail... Eclipse and Taso rails can be found for sale in a variety of colors, patterns, and even kits with matching rails, barrels, ASAs, etc. These can fit any body (except Micros and Xs) and mount via setscrew.

Here are some examples (not mine):
    http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTOMAG-MINIMAG-...3286.m20.l1116
    http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTOMAG-MINIMAG-...3286.m20.l1116