Thread: AGD Detents vs Kila

AGD Detents vs Kila

Are the Kila detents really worth 3x as much as the AGD ones? How often do you have to replace them?

My ULE body came with a Kila detent already in it but I want to replace it with a black one as it doesn't match right now so curious if it's worth spending all the extra $ on the Kila detents.
    Superbolt

IMHO, they are very pricey at nearly 30 each. I use CP detents, they look sleek and clean and are ALOT cheaper and work the same.

Quote Originally Posted by tbaggin
    IMHO, they are very pricey at nearly 30 each. I use CP detents, they look sleek and clean and are ALOT cheaper and work the same.
    Where can you buy those online?

Don' ask questions. It is considered "trolling" in some locations.
    killa and rpg detents are rebuildable/cleanable. IMO that is worth the extra cost of either.

Quote Originally Posted by MANN
    killa and rpg detents are rebuildable/cleanable. IMO that is worth the extra cost of either.
    Well, that was why I asked - how long should you expect a detent to last? If it's only a couple of months, being rebuildable is nice.. if it's a couple of years, it's not quite such a big deal.

My Kila detents fell to bits after the second outing, my AGD detents are still hanging in there after seven years! I won't be buying the Kila detents again.

Quote Originally Posted by longi
    My Kila detents fell to bits after the second outing, my AGD detents are still hanging in there after seven years! I won't be buying the Kila detents again.
    I bought a bunch of Kila's a while back to 'upgrade' all of the detents in my mags. Big and costly mistake. Kila's do not like mags one bit and tend to break very easily in them. Although you will occationally break any detent, the AGD ones hold up very well for the money.

Thanks for the input everyone, I think I'm going to go with the AGD detents based on this.. considering I can get close to 10 for the cost of 2 Kila's..

Now if only they came in matte black

My 1st gen Killa was not so great, but my 2nd gen Killa has been great. I'm a pretty light user tho.

I as well have had a horrible time with 1st gen kila's. It was enough that I personally won't use their products again. I havn't tried their newer ones, but for the price and my past experience I can't justify chancing it again.

most my mags have their orig AGD detents and work just fine, and im a medium-moderate player. usually twice a month.

The way yer gonna go i think is the best economical decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirow
    Now if only they came in matte black
    The two detents I bought a few months back are somewhat matte-black. They're not glossy like they use to be (same with the ULE bodies and Intelliframes)

Quote Originally Posted by TwilightG
    The two detents I bought a few months back are somewhat matte-black. They're not glossy like they use to be (same with the ULE bodies and Intelliframes)
    Well, I just bought a couple from Tuna, guess I'll see what I get and cross my fingers

We (AO) had a discussion about this a few months back. No one EVER seems to have problems with the AGD detents. I really wanted to get some killa's but after talking with everyone here ad nauseum everyone seemed to agree that the AGD detents are about the BEST you can use on a mag. Everything else seems to be a bunch of hassle... for those that complain about them being too stiff and breaking paint I only point to your lvl10... detents won't break your paint, your bolt will.

The AGD detents do occassionally blow out and will need replacing. They are a one piece detent, so the ball is inserted and the metal broached to hold it in. With time, use, and wear from the bolt, that broached metal gives way and the detent blows out.

The RPG ReTent uses the same ball and spring as the AGD Detent. And they come with a spare for rebuilding. Since they are 2 pieces, they arent broached and wont blow out.

If it's any consolation of how good an AGD detent is... the one in my Xmag is the original it came with from the factory. Confirmed by the original owner!

Quote Originally Posted by RogueFactor
    The AGD detents do occassionally blow out and will need replacing. They are a one piece detent, so the ball is inserted and the metal broached to hold it in. With time, use, and wear from the bolt, that broached metal gives way and the detent blows out.

The RPG ReTent uses the same ball and spring as the AGD Detent. And they come with a spare for rebuilding. Since they are 2 pieces, they arent broached and wont blow out.
    Where can I get the RPG detents?

Quote Originally Posted by Shirow
    Where can I get the RPG detents?
    Youd get them from me.(e-mail: roguefactor@pblegion.com)

I just so happen to have them in dust black too.

Personally I would choose first the RPG retent then the AGD detent. I have had many of my kila's fall apart on me during games and loose pieces. It is frustrating. I think I was told they have fixed this issues on newer ones but I couldn't tell you. I gave up on those.

Here are a few examples of the Retent on my SFL's and XMag's.

Dust black retent

Gloss red retent

Another Dust black retent

Gloss black retent

Another Gloss red detent

Show off

My AGD detent on a brand RT ULE didn't even last a case before it failed. My rotor was double-quadruple feeding when I took the detent out the ball and spring were gone.

Looks like I may need to be contacting RogueFactor or buying a 10 pack from AGD.

Quote Originally Posted by smeek
    My AGD detent on a brand RT ULE didn't even last a case before it failed. My rotor was double-quadruple feeding when I took the detent out the ball and spring were gone.

Looks like I may need to be contacting RogueFactor or buying a 10 pack from AGD.
    Smeek, if you need a 10 pack let me know! Send a PM and I'll treat you right on them
    In most cases the detents fail because they are screwed too far into the breech at the factory. I always use the thicker of the two o-rings provided with them and have not had a problem yet.

Quote Originally Posted by A-Tach-One

DROOL! thats a realy nice look.