Thread: Ultralight cocker vs Vision Impy

Ultralight cocker vs Vision Impy

ok guys, i am probley getting the 2003 LCD Angel, but incase that deal falls through, i am also lookin at the Dye Ultralight cocker and the AVI Vision Impy. Im really interested in the impy because they are reliable, fast, and i hear they are really accurate. But the cockers also fast, and accurate but i also hear that they can have alot of problems sence there are so many movin parts.

heres the url to the impy:
    http://store.yahoo.com/actionvillage/010-8044.html

and the url to the UltraLight:
    http://www.shop4paintball.com/shop4p...EACULTRALIGHTB

if your gonna buy an autococker, get a black magic or an orracle, don't buy a dye cocker, you mainly just paying for the Dye name, and I heard that they are not very good, but that impulse looks really nice, I wouldn't mind having one of those

the black magic looks nice, cheaper too. but im still not sure between the cocker or impy. and i heard that you cant even use full auto in tournies, is this true? if it is, then is there even a point in gettin an angel?

Yeah, most, if not all, tournies don't allow full auto. The point to getting the Angel is because you like how it feels and shoots (and looks). For a backup I'd say go with a cocker of some kind. (When I get an electro, I'll like the feeling of always having a solid mechanical gun to go to if I have any problems.) My opinion would be to get a stock and don't mess with it, that way you'll know it'll always work. And you won't break the bank, seeing as you are already shelling out for an Angel .

-Riot
    Insert Sig Pic Here
    Team Mint - 3man phenom.
    Rockin' The CrapPulse!
    Contact Team Mint

Impulse Status - Finished! - ... for the moment

aight thanks man.. yea my hole team was goin to get angels(not sure if we still are) but i wouldnt mind havin one then using my mag that i got right now as a backup, im gonna look into it, thanks alot

cocker speed

Cockers are like mags. They are only as fast as you can pull.

That being said, the RT mag is very fast. The cockers don't have
    RT, but we do have hinges and electro frames.

So you can get a cocker with an electro frame or you can get an emag.
    Either of those will rival any of the other electros out there
    for speed.

I won't start the accuracy debate here.

-rob

TAG Factory

Powered by:
    http://www.TheAngelGuy.com
    http://www.RegulatorsOutpost.com (Largest Paintball Field in Northern GA)

cocker, but ive heard that all dye cockers are stock on the inside? It also looks like the ram is a stock ram but plated nicle/crome?

even if still get that cocker of That impy
    RT
    Ace'd Emag (sold)
    Xmag (sold)

For everything holy DO NOT get an AVI Impulse, they are a huge waste of $$. I would definitely get a Vision Rat Impulse for $750. They are cheaper than angels, they come with a freak, you'll never chop with vision, it kicks less than an angel, it's just as fast (if not faster) than an angel ...

What more could you ask for? Check 'em out
    http://www.e-paintballoutlet.com
    The only difference between martyrdom and suicide is press coverage.

vision rat? i've seen them, they look hot. now that i know that you cant use auto in tournies, then there really is no point in me gettin an angel, the only way im gettin one is if we decide that the team should have em. but im gonna see how they like thet rat impy. thx for the help

angels aren't full auto... You still have to pull the trigger everytime you want a ball to fire. Same thing with the rat impy, and that AVI impy. All electro guns you must pull the trigger to fire it. Well i guess there are the select few that will do full auto. But you can always set electros to fire once per trigger pull. Angels have full auto on the board but its locked so you cant use it.
    Rockin' the Cocker.

Great Traders List: Dern

ohh..do angels have a vision system like the impy?cause it looks like the trig frame on the angel is more comfy then the impy frame, but i never held a angel before so i dont know

from what i have heard the 2003 angles arnt caped....
    dont know if that means that Full Auto isnt locked but they arnt capped to 13bps like others....

"Ya man, you got to watch out for the battle midgets"-Don
    "Come on Tom don't shoot the Chrono"-Tom talking to himslef what a wacho
    "Procrastination is like masturbation, it's fun at first until you realize you're just screwing yourself."-ProjectMag

NO angels are capped (well maybe at like 18-20bps, faster than you can pull). The ROF is adjustable.

Dude, if you don't know crap dabs about these guns you're about to drop 800+ dollars on, plesae please please play with what you've got til youre ready. If you've never shot or held an angel, why pay 850 for one?

If you don't know some of the basic rules in tourneys, why go along with your team when they buy "Tourney Markers?"

I've had multiple tourney caliber markers, yet don't play tourneys, and don't use alternate firing modes.

I've gotta say, I enjoy shooting my retro mag better than either of my angels or either of my imps.

Shoot some guns, get better, and when you're ready for a nice gun make an intelligent decision. You won't go wrong with a nice imp, angel, or emag, but know what the heck is going on before you drop nearly a grand on any of em.
    My Feedback

"Game...Blouses"

Originally posted by Mossman
    NO angels are capped (well maybe at like 18-20bps, faster than you can pull). The ROF is adjustable.

Dude, if you don't know crap dabs about these guns you're about to drop 800+ dollars on, plesae please please play with what you've got til youre ready. If you've never shot or held an angel, why pay 850 for one?

If you don't know some of the basic rules in tourneys, why go along with your team when they buy "Tourney Markers?"

I've had multiple tourney caliber markers, yet don't play tourneys, and don't use alternate firing modes.

I've gotta say, I enjoy shooting my retro mag better than either of my angels or either of my imps.

Shoot some guns, get better, and when you're ready for a nice gun make an intelligent decision. You won't go wrong with a nice imp, angel, or emag, but know what the heck is going on before you drop nearly a grand on any of em.

boom shackalacka (From hang time for sega genisis)
    you just got burnt.
    lol
    i agree with sam on this one.
    but for an "entry lever" tourny marker i would suggest an impulse or if you want to buy a nice used bushy you can pick them up realativley cheap nowadays.
    ---beef---
    AIM me!

Click my Sig Pic to IM me!
    Founding member of no_doz should die!
    pm me to join!

Wait... Where Is the Smart Part?

no one around where i live has an angel. and i have the money to buy the gun, and if i dont like it, ill just sell it, cause i wont be lossing money on it. i am already getting it for factory price.

and plus, i've played with a mag to long, only way ill use another mag is if its a sfl or x-mag. i wanna try out some different stuff

hey

We did have a guy on our team whose father said he would buy
    him the best gear since we get pricing help. He got an IR3 and
    a crossfire tank and it rocks.

We are now teaching him since he has the gear. Getting the best
    stuff off the bat isn't bad.

-rob