Thread: How much is my RT w/ Z-GRIP & Boomstick worth??

How much is my RT w/ Z-GRIP & Boomstick worth??

Hey my name is Vince,

First, I have been out of the sport for a couple of years now. I never really played paintball a lot because I basically spent my time working and doing some deals with buying stuff..(most of which that didnt work when I got em)
    Just a couple of days ago, my buddy Ryan (who has been out of the sport for quite some time also) stumbled across a deal on an Angel that he couldnt pass up. He is gonna get back into the sport again I guess. After talking to him this reminded me that I had a couple of paintball guns down at my parents house in W. Palm Beach, Fl. I never really forgot about them, they just slipped my mind and faded out because I got involved in other things.. motorcycles and college. I got an Automag RT with a zgrip and a couple of barrels in a trade deal that I couldnt pass up. (I traded my shocker for it.)

Low and behold, I found out the deal was in a way too good to be true because I found out the gun didnt work properly.
    I didnt find this out until about a month after the deal was done because I didnt have the money for a Nitrogen bottle.. I know that was pretty dumb of me to get an RT without having the money to get air.. but i had to do it, I always wanted one.

When I finally got air, I hooked it up and it didnt work properly and I was screwed in the deal. I actually never got to shoot a ball through it. I never got it fixed. The most I ever used it for was to take pictures of it and to say I have an RT. Soon enough, I totally phased out of paintball and packed up my gear and put it in my closet down south. I gave my buddy a good deal on my tank and called it a day. I didnt sell the gun because it wasnt working properly and I am not into screwing people. I have since been involved in motorcycles and school which occupy my time and now got the paintball bug again.

My buddy said he would help me out with fixing it and selling it if i needed to. His father has some kind of connection with a guy who ownes a shop i guess. I am going to get my RT from down south this weekend.

......Sorry about the long intro, Here's where you guys can help.....

Here is what I can remember about my RT without having it infront of me. I will remember more about it when I see it. I came up with this picture of it from my old yahoo photos account.

1999?Automag RT
    Z-Grip --Ex. Cond Looks brand new
    14" Dye Boomstick
    12" Dye Stainless
    Kapp DF Cradle

I dont have the tank anymore that is pictured.

My question is... How much is this worth? I want to get back into the sport, but just like once a month.

Would it be better to fix it and sell it because it is worth some money and get a cheap spyder or something
    or
    to fix it and keep it because its not worth anything anymore??

It is in excellent cosmetic condition,(the Z-grip looks brand new) but the internal condition is not fully known. All I remember is it not shooting when I put air in it.

I am going to fix it now that I have some money no matter what I do with it... sooo

How much would my RT be worth in proper working order?

Thanks alot in advance guys and Im sorry about the VERY LENGTHY message.

~Vince C.
    Last edited by VinRR; 10-15-2003 at 02:32 PM.

Another pic w/ barrels
    Thanks!

nice setup i like like
    as for when you get it, oil every oring up in the valve
    and your problem migth have been due to bolt stick
    I knew not what I did but am now edumacated

On ebay you would probaly get around $275----$325.. The Z grip hurts you on resale because that is not a popular option and only a few people like them. As for getting rid of it I would just fix it. Thats the beauty of any automag, its always an easy fix, Im sure its just someting simple, BREAK IT DOWN COMPLETELY, CLEAN AND OIL EVERYTHING....then put in a complete rebuild kit 1st, make sure the sear and bolt ARE NOT WORN. that usually will take care of any problems.

Thanks for the responses guys! Any other opinions to add?? Anyone?

I would say try selling it with the Z grip for a while, because some people love them. If you dont get a deal, get back the stock trigger or something because Z grips go for a lot used(dont settle for less than about 100)

this isnt the f/s/t section, but i'd be VERY interested in the RT with the Z-grip

i could probably even do $350 or so if i can sell my cocker... no one ever wants to buy my things

edit: you don't even need to bother fixing it, i work dreams with mags myself
    Proud Member Of The AO Cesspool Since 08-24-2002

A friend bought a RT w/ LX, boomstick and Z-grip for 350.
    -Doron
    ---X-Mag'n spending the G's.---

My feedback

my friend had the same set up as u, and he loved it, the trigger bounce was awsome, was hella fast, i say fix it
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymos
    Are you the whale on the bed baby?

Cause get ready I am slapping that calf and riding the wave in!

Feedback thread:
    https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=70784

Paintchucker Guest

RT Upgrade Exchange Package

The above suggestion of the parts kit and good oiling normally does the trick, especially if gun has been sitting unused.

If you really want to play more actively, you could always upgrade for $325... Send them your gun and the $, and they send you back a Z-gripped Ule Bodied Xvalved gun that for all intensive purposes is a brand new gun! Then if you get tired, you could sell the upgraded gun. You could probably get $500-600 for it upgraded plus you get to shoot a new gun until you sell it! Only problem is that you obsolete your barrels, but you could probably sell those pretty easily on the MISC forum if they are in good shape.

I love my Z-Grip, go look in the for sale section I bought my z-grip for $75 (display, possibly used) now I could rather easially sell it for more than that.

What you should realy do is....

buy a RT parts kit...buy the RT automag instruction video for 4.00$

get a 68ci ^3 tank for a 180$

and rule the field...and fall in love with paintball once again!!!

then after that....get a ULE and a Xvalve

and you wont be sorry that you did.

but if you do end up still wanting to sell it...and have a cheap gun...

I have a Tippmann Modle 98 fully tweaked out....we are talking completly tweaked and in good condition.( I also have pics)

ill give you everything for it...if you trade me for your Z grip.

my M98 is super accurate...almost mag accureate
    It even shocks the $%*% out of the Angel players.

IM me if you interested
    AIM: paiiantballer15
    yahoo: skyboysurfer2003

Black Emag
    Red ULE body
    AGD 4.01
    SM1 10-14in Barrel
    Black NW on/off Drop

Originally posted by SkyBoySurfer
    [B]my M98 is super accurate...almost mag accureate
    It even shocks the $%*% out of the Angel players.[B]
    'cause they question why you wasted so much money on a model 98 when you could've bought a whole new gun with that cash

and ps: they don't make electronic z-grips, but there are a few that are milled to except the intellifeed switches so that your hopper spins every trigger pull

and automag RT's cant accept the ULE mainbody and x-valve unless you do the trade in program with AGD, but that pretty much destroys the look of the classic RT with OTV SS body and the barrel shroud

my offer for $350 or more still stands for the gun alone (unrepaired)

hrmm they don't have an electric z-grip, but I think I want to make one.
    -Doron

I am open to all offers. I will definately keep them in mind. I am not sure what I am going to do exactly yet. I will know after this weekend once I see what I have and whether or not I am going to keep it or sell it.

If you get a M98custom you can set them up to be pretty fast. If you do the right trigger job you can get the trigger down to a couple milimeters. Its not that hard to do. Although they are still long guns.

they don't make electronic z-grips
    they dont make them with a board

But a long time ago(4 years)...my friend put a electroic bord in one...and it rocked.....it was a custom job...so i thought other people might have done it as well cuz he is not what you call a "smart" person.....

and no I cant remeber how he hooked it up I jsut remeber seeig the Z grip with a a eletronic board inside.... and yes it did fire.

relly relly fast.

Originally posted by SkyBoySurfer

they dont make them with a board

But a long time ago(4 years)...my friend put a electroic bord in one...and it rocked.....it was a custom job...so i thought other people might have done it as well cuz he is not what you call a "smart" person.....

and no I cant remeber how he hooked it up I jsut remeber seeig the Z grip with a a eletronic board inside.... and yes it did fire.

relly relly fast.
    i saw a pic a while back of one on a cocker though...

um... you guys might want to make a new thread about that..

Vince, I personally would sell the gun for $350, no hassles.. angel angel angel angel!

-Ryan

It is pretty easy to fix an Automag. Go to the AGD site and look at the exploded view of your valve and print it out. Next take it apart and verify that all of the parts are there. Put a little oil on the o-rings while it is disasembled. Measure the on/off pin length. Inspect your on/off pin to see if it has been messed with. The on/off pin is a good bet as the culprit of you gun simply not firing. (You might either have the wrong size or some idiot tried to shave some of it off to make it go into runaway and shaved too much.) Put it back together. Put 6 drops of oil in your asa and air it up. If it is still not working call the AGD tech department and describe in detail what it is doing. The techs are very good at trouble shooting over the phone and it is very likely that the will be able to tell you what is wrong and send you a part. That gun is way better than its resale value. You will not be able to get anything near as good with the money you will get out of it. I would keep it if I were you.

Originally posted by sneakyhacker420

i saw a pic a while back of one on a cocker though...
    It could be this gun. Its not mine, i just found the pic.

Sorry about the size. Im not sure if this is electric, I just thought i would post it. Sorry about getting off topic.

lmao, the bottom one is EXTREMELY ghetto!

vinRR, i am still drooling over your RT

lmk when you decide to sell it, i'll do $375-400 for it

Alright Sneaky,
    You'll be the first to know. Thanks for the flattery

lol... ironic

my shop got a classic RT with a z-grip in a trade-in just this week... but i dunno which one i should buy

btw, would you happen to know the serial # of your RT?