Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: AO CO/MTN West Meet 3.0

AO CO/MTN West Meet 3.0

Hey guys, there seems to be some interest in planning an AO CO 3.0! Who's up for it and what ideas do you all have?

DATE: July 10th & 11th

Lord of the Rings Scenario on the 10th and Speedball on the 11th. Both at Action Pursuit Paintball.

DETAILS
    Camping - Anthony said he didn't think camping between days would be a problem, we just have to be sure to clean up trash etc.

Pricing -

Scenario (Sat): 20+ Players $40 Entry, Under 20 $45
    $65 case for paint

Speedball (Sun): Any paint from Scenario can be used but no byop otherwise. If you purchase a case on Sunday you get free entry and air, if not $10.

Anthony also mentioned he would give the AO group special pricing at his store for anything we need or want.

Interested People:

Current Total: 23, including maybes

Colorado
    ShooterJM
    FlamingKoosh
    abarnhar
    bsolomon
    TheDeacon
    boggerman
    lightning rift
    dawump?
    timbpaint
    bratch

Wyoming
    elpimpo?

Washington
    magking1971

Montana
    Komoh
    Prezents
    SaS
    rmhawk?

Nebraska
    zeroack +1

Utah
    bryceeden +4

More info to come.
    Last edited by ShooterJM; 04-05-2004 at 03:16 PM.

My vote:

Since we have some of the nicest outdoors, we should definetly not confine our AO day to an indoor field. It'll give folks from other flat states a chance to come and play in some real terrain. Other than being outside, I really don't care about the type of play. A senario would be fun to pull off, if we could get some heads together on planning it.
    CPPA #1240

My Trader Feedback
    PBReview Feedback
    AO Feedback

Cool cool.

Last time we did a scenario up at APP in Greeley. It was a good time. I know there are some nebraska people around, and there are probably some kansas as well. I dunno. I'm up for outdoors as well, I'm just trying to think where we could get the most bang for the buck. I keep hearing 303paintball is pretty cheap.

Another AO meet? jeez, I don't know... I've heard people don't have much fun at those...

No but really, of course I'd be down. Just tell me the time and the place...

Last years scenario was pretty fun, but speedball never hurt anyone before either... I just need to get someone to buy my damn autoresponse frame so my gun is actually legal at all feilds...
    Hey Zero, how much did that Chipley cost ya?

Originally said by Boggerman When I got married I thought it would go down too... The insurance, not the wife.

FRUITCAT!!

We probably aren't going to have enough folks to rent an entire indoor facility with just CO and the few people we pick up at random.

What if we billed it the "Mountain States AO Meet." We could include MT, WY, NM and others. Since CO is centrally located for most of those states, it's a good place to stage it. Also, states like MT and WY probably don't have enough people to warrant even an AO afternoon. So, this could get them involved on a larger scale.

Also, that way we could have enough people to warrant a full facility and possibly draw some big names (Tom, etc).

I'm rambling here...

*edit* I just realized the title of the thread... it appears that Shooter was waaaay ahead of me

heheeh well, I try.

For the first CO AO day we had a couple guys drive up from NM. It was a blast.

If we're trying to get interstate interest we'll need to give a couple months notice. We'll need to get an idea of how many people are showing up so we can try to set up discounts, etc.

I am up for a road trip, count me in!
    But if it is in April it's a nogo because I am trying to make a AO meet out of this www.weekendwarriors.ws and I am getting some good responce out of it.
    I will make a "official" post on AO in Feb.
    But keep planning, I would love to drive to CO for an AO day.

Cool!

Man free entry and paint at $45 or 60 a case! Geez. That's pretty cheap!

EDIT: Referring to the Weekendwarriors site above.
    Last edited by ShooterJM; 01-13-2004 at 06:25 PM.

Cool.

I live in montana, and i would try to make it down. Just need to know when and where. Hopefully i can get time away from college.

Well, as for when what do you guys think? If we want a decent response it'd be good to put it out in advance.

Maybe last weekend of march or first weekend of may?

I can think of two fields off the top of my head that have or will have both indoor and outdoor facilities so, if we held it there, there would be very little concern about weather.

At this point we're looking at WA, CO and MT.

Maybe we can pull in a few other states as well.

What do you think about putting it in the summer months? That might draw a few more people. I know it would be happier on my school schedule.

What two fields are you thinking?

I think we should give it a go! If we put it off till maybe July or so, that would give us time to compile a list of people coming and then reserve a field.

I'm willing to help compile names and/or collect fees. I haven't spent much time at surrounding commercial fields, so that end of negotiations might be left up to someone else.

July might be good actually. It'd leave some more time for planning and try to get some schwag from some companies/fields.

Well APC has an indoor and outdoor right now and the APP in greely has an outdoor field and is working on an indoor field right now. Last I heard it was supposed to be finished April/May timeframe. APP might be a good option. Once we get an idea of how many people are up for it I can start seeing if we can work something out price wise.

Really it all depends on how much interest we can generate.

I've heard nothing but good things about APP in Greely. I've really wanted to get up there, but haven't had a chance yet.

Shooter, you've got a PM.

Yeah I've had a good time there. Anthony's always been a straight up guy when I've dealt with him.

It's a good field for scenario's as well if we want to go that route.

Montana

I would make the drive, about 10 hours.......
    Greely is on the north side of the state and not that far.
    I will talk to other MT mag owners and get the word out.
    What date are we looking at? and will this be a 2 day event?

Right now we're looking at the month of July. If we can get enough people I'd like to do a 2 day event.

Like a scenario one day and then speedball the next day or something of that nature.

We're still at the very very beginning planning stages of this thing so if you have any suggestions or anything like that chime in.

I was wondering how long it would take for T-bone to wander in here. Glad to hear you are considering it!

More to come soon!

Possible sig image design:

sorry but that looks a little too ummm.... whats the word?

Fruity

Originally posted by TheFlamingKoosh
    Fruity
    See what 10 minutes of effort will get a guy these days?

hehehe...

I shouldn't have said anything, seeing as how that looks 10 times better then anything I could do.

I can bring some stuff down for prizes, no problem.
    And if anyone needs a ride I live just north of spokane and might be able to work something out on my route down.
    Now if some Oregon folks can buck-up and make it........

had a moment

Need to add the agd logo in there... I am tired have to sleep:-)

Cool, I edited the first post to try to get a list of interested people at this point

Count me in. I'm up for anything, speedball, rec, scenario, it's all good.
    "People that quote themselves in their sigs are stupid." -me

Great traders: mh53eplt, MagOwnerzRule, Fritz1970, joeyt11
    Bad traders: None yet, let's keep it that way!

My Feedback
    Play Paintball Colorado!

Just to plan this out a little for me, what town is this going to be in?

Thats what we are trying to plan out!!

My guesses is that it will either be in/around Denver and the Suburbs there, or in Greely. Its really only a 45 minute drive between the two, but we should probably figure out what we're doing before we say for sure

Koosh is correct. ShooterJM and I have been throwing around the idea of having it at Action Pursuit Paintball in Greeley.

http://www.actionpursuitpaintball.com/main.htm

Several reasons for this:

One, they have a reputation of being a well-staffed and well-maintained field.

Two, they have both inside and outdoor fields. So, if the weather is bad and people with electro's don't want to fry , we can play inside.

Currently we're working on getting into contact with APP and trying to get rates for the event. I think (don't quote me) that Shooter was on this task. I'll know as soon as I get a PM back from him.

We're going to nail down a location and date ASAP. At some point, a more "official" thread will probably be in order that will have all the prices, location, dates, and pre-registered individuals.

Also, please, please, please paste some image (doesn't have to be mine) in your sig advertising this event. We need to drum up some more interest. More intial players, better rates.
    Last edited by abarnhar; 01-19-2004 at 12:31 AM.

Yep, I contacted the APP field owner and hope to hear back from him today. Once I get the word from him we'll get moving on promoting the heck out of this.

APP is up for the task! They're having a scenario game in July anyway so this should work out nicely. The dates should be released in a day or two.