Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Main Body differances

Main Body differances

OK

The mainbodies are a bit different between the following guns.

Automag, Minimag

RT

Emag, RT Pro

The difference between the bodies on the RT-Pro/Emag and the Automag and MiniMag are the pims that are on the bottom of the body.

The Automag and Minimag use a squarish pim where as the RT/RT Pro and Emag all use round pims.

RT mainbody Automag mainbody and Emag Mainbody

Now, while it's not a factory backed suggestion you COULD use an RT Pro or Emag body on an Automag/MiniMag. While you CAN'T use the Automag body on an RT Pro or Emag.

Meanwhile the Automag, MiniMag, Smartmag, MicroMag, ReTro valve, RT Pro, Emag valves are all "BASICALLY" interchangable.

-Robert
    Last edited by BlackVCG; 05-11-2002 at 12:00 AM.
    Serving AGD customers since 93, wishing I could beat some common since into some of them about 5 hrs later.

You say '"BASICLY' interchangable" like they aren't entirely. What issues should we be aware of when playing musical valves?

Because each gun was tuned for the valve that's in it. Taking a classic valve and throwing it into an E-Mag won't work so well because of the bolt stick issue when not using the quad o-ring. Physically all of those valves can be interchanged, but in some cases the tolerance issue might cause such problems as leaks, shootdown, bolt stick, etc.

Hole spacing

Rob...Is the hole spacing all the same? From the center of the on-off pin hole to the center of the screw hole? I haven't had the pleasure of checking out the Emag bodies yet.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Yep, it's the same.

So according to this info I can get a new Minimag Powerfeed Body as a replacement to my used Automag Classic I bought, right? God, this marker keeps getting better and better! AI have shot tons of cases of paint through this thing and still haven't had a single ball break!

Exclamation Cutting the Feedtube

DON'T DO IT - sorry I get excited some times.

Here is why:

The AutoMag is a blow forward design. As the bolt is blown forward some of that air blows up through the feed tube. You need the weight of the balls to hold the 1st ball in place. Under slow rates of fire No problem. But when you get on the trigger - you can chop balls. This is why the power feed is important on the AutoMag.

Good luck
    Fixing the worlds problems one well at a time.

I have always wondered why do you guys always make the Automag stock body in matte grey? Why not anodized black.. would look much better ... I guess when your marker works this good who cares what it looks like.
    Angel LCD
    114/3000
    Full Freak
    Team Storm
    Capt, Amateur A
    You can Email me if you wanna talk or something....

The stock body is grey because it is stainless steel. Stainless steel can not be annodised. It can be powder blasted to give it that grey look, polished to look like chrome (the shiney bodies) or coated/painted to look like just about anything.

manike

143Paul, Actually, the classic feed was made long to dissuade that one person who would stick their finger into it and pull the trigger. Needless to say, that is not a smart thing to do!

I too, cut down my power-feed to lower the profile. Be ultra slow and careful with a hacksaw to insure the cut is straight across. Lightly file and finish with sand-paper to smooth, polish and chamfer (round off) the new edge.

Before you cut, measure how much you want to take off. An old rule of thumb is to "measure twice, cut once". If you cut it too low for the elbow to be able to clamp on, then your gun is useless.

so are RT bodies interchangeable w/ RT Pro's & E-Mags?

No ... the original RT bodies are longer than any other bodies since the RT valve actually slides inside the body tube. YOu could theoretically cut off the back of the body since the distance between the on/off hole and the PEM are the same.

Take this for an example.... It's blurry but the only picture I took.

Rob,
    ShinyGuy asked, but you didn't answer about the 'basically' interchangeable part.

I've recently tried to change the bodies but have run into a bit of a problem (I'm switching up bodies because I have enough extra parts to make a new gun if I use an emag body on a regular mag rail).

The first time I tried it all was well. My retro mag with emag body worked, although it was not very reactive. However after removing the body to clean and tighten a loose foregrip, I can't get the combination e-mag/mag to fire. I've also noticed that there is a small gap between the body and the rail at the front of the marker. The screws are as tight as they can go so that's not the problem. I was thinking of filing off just a small amount from the pim under the emag body to eliminate this problem. Will this help or am I just on my way to ruining a really nice body.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Douglas.

Not to butt into the conversation...since you asked Rob directly. But I've had a lot of time to look at these things and you "could grind down the round pem and make it work or remove it and put a older style pem on it if you can silver solder.

Either way, you're removing metal which is there for a reason so the risk of mesing up is present but you've got the idea. If it's worth the risk to you to grind the pem down a few thousandths... just be careful.

J_

hmmm... ya that's what I'm thinking. But my worry is that I'll file it down so that the gap dissapears only to discover that the setup is to tempermental to use. I just don't want to take the risk without knowing what else might cause problems.

Are there any other compatability issues that anyone knows about?

Douglas.

That's what I'm working on Titan.
    I think you need to file down the pim on the emag/rt pro body just a little since the cut out in the mag rail is a little shallower than the emag/rt pro. I'm trying to find out if there is anything else that I have to keep in mind.

So guys is that the only issue that is known?

Douglas.

Ok, the fit of the round pim in the square hole depends on the ammount of silver solder left around the joint of the pim and the body.

Instead of wacking it off the body and voiding the warrentee on that take a little out of teh rail It would be easier to do than trying to futz with the 304 Stainless.

I have a few guys around here running RT Pro bodies on thier classics with no problems so far, so its just a matter of tweaking your setup a tad.

Something I have thought about is trying to use something like JB Wield in the pim hole to fill in around the round pim, problem is getting the stuff to not stick where you dont want it.

Have fun guys,

-Robert

so your sayin instead of taking off some of the pim to maybe drill the pim hole in the base rail a little deaper so it will fit
    D . Y . N . A . S . T ... Y!

iR3

Originally posted by Manuel_FZR
    Can I use a RT pro body on a "normal" RT? I think, the Pro body looks better
    No you can't. They have different inner diamaters.

Re: i have a great idea.

Originally posted by TheBigRaguPB4L
    instead of moddifying all these bodies, get new ones to fit your guns. isn't it easier? yes it is.
    It's easier but where is the fun in easy.

It's not about easy... it's about customization. There is only one Emag with an original RT body (at least for the moment... and it's mine.

If someone copies it... I'll just have to use my minimag body next

J_

i just got an rt that i've decided to keep. i think i'm going to get an rt pro, put that valve in a micro i'm getting, then get a standard valve and make that work in the pro body. it can be done. i will find a way. yay me.
    https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...light=feedback

My girlfriend said that if i bought another paintball gun, she'd leave me........ I sure am going to miss her.

You have better be right

Hey Rob confirm this if i buy a classic rt body, then it will fit my standard mag. Cause if it dont and i spend 150 bucks on something i cant use, i will be pissed.

Metal kids have more fun!!

Atleast wipers are good for something........target practice.

-=Proud 04 Shocker Owner=-

::::::Punishers Paintball::::::

The Body will fit just fine, your problem will be your Valve will not.

-Robert

The E-Mag and RT-Pro bodies "can" work on the Automag and MiniMag. Sometimes they won't sit completely flat due to the silver solder build up around the round nut on the bottom. Again, it's up to the mainbody in particular and how it lines up with the rail you have. For some people it lines up great and they have no problems, for others, the body won't sit right in the rail so it needs to be modified to work right.

I basically wouldn't recommend going out and ordering an E-Mag/RT-Pro body and trying to put it on your gun and expecting it to work right without problems. If you know somebody with an E-Mag/RT-Pro body and they want to sell it so they can get another body or something of that sort and you can try it on your gun and it fits properly, then I don't see a problem in doing it.

ok

yeah I have a classic 68 automag, and I think I'm buying a emag body for cheap (175 CAD, instead of 230 USD). Problem is, I don't know if it'll work or not. I'm the only mag owner in my area so I cant try the body out. I am willing to drill my rail a little bit so that it'll fit if thats what needs to be done.

Also, does anyone have any pictures with the emag/RTPro body on their classic mags/minimags? I just don't know if it would look cool, or messed up.

Benchmark RT Pro rails and mating holes

Rob,

thanks for a much-needed explanation of the various bodies. I have one piece of (relatively new) information to add:

Benchmark RT - Pro/Mag body rails have been re-machined and re-designed since our acquisition of the company so that the mating slot will accept BOTH the square and the round pegs. So now - with the exception of the Micromag (which has no rail), users ought to have no trouble swapping their current rails out with this new one.

Steve
    Pro-Team Products - Armson USA - Benchmark

Question for RobAGD

Would you at the factory be able to modify an E-mag rail to fit a minimag body,of course I'd understand if theres an extra surcharge included, you see I have a wrp/lft ReTro Mini I'd like to convert.The body is brand new I just got it month ago from you guys I'd really hate to lose it. I didn't know you were doing E-mag conversions.anyways I'm just asking if you can and if it's no big hassle for you guys..
    Thank you...

bodies

these bodies are interchangeable:
    RT Pro and the EMAG (round pims)

Automag, Minimag (squarish pims)

I have a question.
    The RT body is differant. Will a valve from the RT still fit in my mini's body. I am probably going to borrow the valve from my freind's RT for a tourney (Its his backup, and he doesnt want to clean the gun, so I cant use the hole gun)

~Team Disaster~

MM00238
    -Dye Ultralite 12"
    -Q/D-connect outta Vert ASA
    -Chrome Taso Cradle
    -Crossfire 48ci 3000psi Preset
    -12v Revy Black

no, the circumfrence of the rts valve is smaller than that of a mini/auto or rt pro