Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AGD Lions logo design contest

AGD Lions logo design contest

Attention AOers,

AGD Lions are making team jerseys and we need your help with the logo. Design the winning logo and you will have your choice of a WARP FEED or a FREAK set. The logo cannot contain the colors pink or orange. Attached is a rough idea of what I want, but feel free to come up with your own ideas. This contest will run for one week. You can PM your entries to me or email me at tat3@uwm.edu.

Thank you,

AGD Lions

All entries will become property of AGD Lions. We reserve the right to run this contest however we see fit...
    Last edited by Troy; 06-28-2002 at 08:34 AM.
    "Shoot straight up in the air and hit the other team on top of the head...European teams do it all the time" D.A. 2001 Gettysburg

You might want to lay down some ground rules for this one. Like how to submit, what type of file to use, size, etc.
    and it's always good to throw in the legal disclaimers (we reserve the right to change the rules at any time, any artwork submitted will become property of AGD lions and such).
    You are the Wormtongue of AO.~bofh

Good Ole Amish Country, or just outside of lancaster PA
    Troy, i love the idea, Also, will you please be putting them into production? i have seen alot of innovation form your team. First Tim comes out with the blade trigger for the e-mag, something we all have wanted for some time now, and now jersey's, the one thing about every one here on ao wants. id be willing to put out 60 bux for one. Please consider my proposal, evn if i can talk you into just makin one for me, id be happy, because all of ao wants an agd jersy.

Originally posted by Tom in reffrence to a post saying he acted like my dad...
    "That's right!
    WHO'S YOUR DADDY!!"
    ALL QUIT AND NO GO!!! Team Icky Forest-Shatnerball 2003!!!
    www.tunamart.com
    DONT SUPPORT HYPOCRITICAL MISSLEAD YOUTH, BOYCOTT HK

no orange? Isn't your lion orange? lol..Just installed PSP on this computer making one now.

Well...

I'm assuming he wants us to just post the designs here. So I'm going to run the risk that you run by making assumptions and do that......

The orange thing confused me a bit as well, I'm assuming it has something to do with the color of paint. Lions are composed almost entirely out of shades of orange, so I did one using a color scheme similar to what is presented:

And one with a somewhat less...... natural look....

Both are made with shades using only three colors. I don't know if it can be done that way for jersey printing, but other option (solid patterns etc.) can be persued to achieve similar effects. Of course this only matters if # of colors is an issue.

patron that looks really sweet(the blue purple one) i think the contest should end and you take his.
    Rockin' the Cocker.

Great Traders List: Dern

here is mine
    Centerflag Hyperflow 201 For Sale!
    Good Traders: I <3 MAGS, Daroach, lovejtwo83, GlowinLCD, Kegaro, jodocast

How do i get rid of all of the white space around it?

another

another

As you can see I really want to win this since I can't afford anything, not even lvl 10
    At least I'm learning a lot more about photoshop as I do this stuff.

Edit: Can someone tell me how to make pictures bigger and smaller? I don't know how.

Contest over! Oh yeah!

OSM

Post Script - I vote for Patron God of Pirates' - seriously man, you have real talent! Nice!
    Coming Soon:
    Who knows anymore...

here is mine
    e-mag
    16 in freak kit
    Auto-mag RT
    14 all american
    Electric Automag RT
    Boo-yaah frame

Somthing simple, better one to come

I wish i coyld learn to use photoshop that well, I'm not very inclined at drawing
    Black Warp Left E-mag #EM00163
    emagnum board
    14in freak
    12v smoke warp w/ interlink
    drilled 12v revy w/ JMJ impeller and WAS turbo rev board
    shocktech drop
    AGD flatline dovetail adaptor
    68 3000 flatline

***soon to be***
    emagnum body rail
    black powder coat
    custom grips from Frymarker

Cool Alright, alright, alright....

Here's my first one. I'll be hard at work making more this week...must get prizes....

Here is my first guys, please let me know what u think

Remmember this is the first ive used this prog in a while.

And another one

Here the better one. Just remember it can always be changed and modified

Majorly edited so that people would not be offended.

1) There are reasons why no other design contest on AO allowed posting of the entries until the voting phase.
    2) There are MANY VERY talented Artists and Designers on AO. (I hope you get my meaning.)
    3) Rules are for a reason.. and I see no real rules here.. as was mentioned, you need disclaimers and property ownership statements at a minimum… that is unless you want some legal issues to bite you in the rear.

Maybe a bit more thought should have been given to this contest and not just tossed here on the forum…

Added: Plus I would be willing to bet we are seeing a LOT of copyrighted material here. This is not for “fun” (as in Signature Images and personal stuff) it is for a Sponsored Team. You can not just take some picture of a lion you find someplace and put AGD on it and consider it an acceptable entry. Again, unless you want to run into legal issues.

Just something to think about. Hey, it is not my team or company that would have to handle the issues should they arise.
    Last edited by shartley; 06-26-2002 at 07:32 PM.

www.ShartleyCustoms.com
    Custom Paintball Products and Accessories
    CLICK HERE to Check out our PDU SERIES GEAR!

its more like a paper cut that has primadonna's yelling murder... - Glickman

*edit* Deleted Entry, PMed You */edit*
    Last edited by xmetal2001; 06-27-2002 at 11:09 AM.

i'll most likely make more.

And heres another one.

Shartley does have a point. But Troy didnt say there would be any voting, he just said "we need your help with the logo". And the copy right thing, Im not shure what the laws are for clip art. But it would be a good idea to get someone to do some of there own work.

Here's mine, it's just an idea, you can refine it from here:
    http://www.digitalpaintball.net - I love this game!

Chrome adds around 4 bps to any gun.

If it were a person, instead of a lion, I might have a chance at this! argh! :o I think SHartley makes a point about the whole copyright thing, though. Good luck to the rest of you!

NO CLIP ART!

WOW I finaly one with out clip art! Its more of an idea and an entry so if it inspires you good. If you want a pic of my cat (Cindy) let me know.

Ive noticed that most all design contests entries are computer generated. And for the first time Ive read one b4 its over.

Anyway, Im a pretty good artist, and Im wondering if I could draw a picture?

oh yeah...would you rather have the lion look fierce or noble?

troy

hey Troy, we need some more guidlines here, and i dont really wanna post here, is there anywhere we can send them, email address??

stu.