Thread: Nummech Mag frame Inception EZ mod

Nummech Mag frame Inception EZ mod

I did a thing today.
    Modded an inception on/off to work with my nummech frame. I have been wanting this to happen probably since i tested the frames. ha. I had just been swamped with work and always had something else to work on.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Bear...9320317138950/

Last edited by captian pinky; 03-21-2020 at 08:25 PM.

Thumbs up

You like that style better than the twist knob ?

The Inception asa is similar to the latest ones from Planet Eclipse.

Both are kind of a pain to activate, you have to slam your palm against them.

I've always liked the twist knob style like the Bob Long Cam Drive, but they are getting hard to find now.

Nice job though !

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post

I've always liked the twist knob style like the Bob Long Cam Drive, but they are getting hard to find now.

Nice job though !

ya, i actually love the inception ones. i don't have to think about it. super easy to take apart and they function like they should.
    I hate the PE ones because they are significantly harder to turn on even at 800psi output.

The inception one was designed to be slammed like seating a magazine.
    thanks

Before I looked at the pic I was like WTF is he talking about?

Nicely done!

I thought about this when I first saw the Nummech frames, but never got beyond the initial idea. And I didn’t even know if it was possible.

How hard was it?

Thanks, I would say for the average person to do at home it would be pretty difficult.

I am planning to offer it as a service/possibly selling modded ones if there is a demand for it. Still trying to figure out what im going to do about the front plug. I may have to get a tap to chase the threads.

I’ve got bmc working on mine to take a pops. Really looking forward to having it back

Nummech Mag frame Inception EZ mod

I could do those as well. I just don’t have any on hand. Ordered some ez on/offs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black flat headed screw with right threads to replace the macro fitting?

Quote Originally Posted by Laku View Post
    Black flat headed screw with right threads to replace the macro fitting?
    The front air port is the same as a normal air fitting, so unless Simon is using a different macro fitting, a 1/8th npt set screw will work

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    The front air port is the same as a normal air fitting, so unless Simon is using a different macro fitting, a 1/8th npt set screw will work
    That is what i am currently using, but if you look at the pictures you see that it still sticks out a significant amount.

Right! Bit of a brain fart from me.

Could the set screw be ground back until it sits better?

Right! Bit of a brain fart from me.

Could the set screw be ground back until it sits better?
    The problem isn't the bottom, its the shape of the plug and or hole. npt threads are tappered and intended to actually seal against themselves. so it either needs to be straight tapped or something creative.

Quote Originally Posted by captian pinky View Post
    The problem isn't the bottom, its the shape of the plug and or hole. npt threads are tappered and intended to actually seal against themselves. so it either needs to be straight tapped or something creative.
    Hah. For some reason I always thought that the NPT thread just has a slightly different pitch between female/male to cause it seal. Now reading what the abbreviation actually stands for, it makes much more sense.

So.. you’d need to ground down and re
    thread for that to work.

Hah. For some reason I always thought that the NPT thread just has a slightly different pitch between female/male to cause it seal. Now reading what the abbreviation actually stands for, it makes much more sense.

So.. you’d need to ground down and re
    thread for that to work.
    NPT threads are tapered. You can straight taps too, I have a 3/8 x 18 straight tap as well as the NPT tap.
    ......You know you want one!!

Quote Originally Posted by Loguzzzzzz View Post
    NPT threads are tapered. You can straight taps too, I have a 3/8 x 18 straight tap as well as the NPT tap.
    Thanks. I realized my earlier misconception when ran into what abbreviation (NPT) actually meant. Now I know “North American Plumbing” thread types come as NPT and NPS, the T being tapered and S being straight.

Nice job though !

Actually, you are wrong.

The EZ ASA works better than POPS for higher pressure applications, as the design of the piston, doesn't cut off air, so you can use any HPA bottle, pin or ball.

You don't have to slam anything. If you have to use brute force to close it, then it user error in reassembly.

It is easier to open and close than a POPS, IMHO and the simple fact that is far easier to not only GET the EZ ASAs, but also disassembly and drilling for the sleeper mod.

Actually, you are wrong.

The EZ ASA works better than POPS for higher pressure applications, as the design of the piston, doesn't cut off air, so you can use any HPA bottle, pin or ball.

You don't have to slam anything. If you have to use brute force to close it, then it user error in reassembly.

It is easier to open and close than a POPS, IMHO and the simple fact that is far easier to not only GET the EZ ASAs, but also disassembly and drilling for the sleeper mod.
    I had a Predator.

It came assembled.

I had to slam it with my hand or it wouldn't activate......

I removed the Bang Swicth on my M170R and replaced it with the Deadlywinds hAir trigger valve, oh my goodness what a much lighter trigger pull.

Does your hAir Emek have the aftermarket trigger ?

I removed the Bang Swicth on my M170R and replaced it with the Deadlywinds hAir trigger valve, oh my goodness what a much lighter trigger pull.

Does your hAir Emek have the aftermarket trigger ?
    nope its stock. I wanted it to be a fair comparison, not stock vs completely upgraded.