Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: UFC jibba jabba

Jan Błachowicz or Israel Adesanya ?

I dont care for the one guys arrogance personally....

Dominick Cruz or Casey Kenney ?

I like them both, especially Cruz's smart alec commentary, at least he is funny

Interesting to see Joseph Benavidez again, if he doesnt put on a good show this could be his last in the UFC, I guess that might be said about Cruz also.

Am I buying the PPV ? Not a chance. Ill be in bed when the main card starts lol....

Sad to see Thiago not as agile as he once was I mean it's kinda expected after a knowing you should be champ but that got ruined cause you exploded your knees early in the fight, as for Yan, he deserved to be dq'd for that knee, I definitely think Aljo didn't deserve it but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, I definitely would of rather seen Yan stripped and Sterling as an Interim champ, hell give him whatever title Figueiredo had when he missed weight and beat Benavides.
    If you expected anything else from Nunes where have you been in the past 5 years? As for Blachowicz and Izzy, it was a good match personally I don't think it should of been a unanimous win for Blachowicz but hey I seen worse scoring, and I'm kinda glad Izzy doesn't have plans to stay at Light Heavyweight, cause I really wanna see a thicc boy Jonny Bones at Heavyweight

Quote Originally Posted by alpha_q_up23 View Post
    Sad to see Thiago not as agile as he once was I mean it's kinda expected after a knowing you should be champ but that got ruined cause you exploded your knees early in the fight, as for Yan, he deserved to be dq'd for that knee, I definitely think Aljo didn't deserve it but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, I definitely would of rather seen Yan stripped and Sterling as an Interim champ, hell give him whatever title Figueiredo had when he missed weight and beat Benavides.
    If you expected anything else from Nunes where have you been in the past 5 years? As for Blachowicz and Izzy, it was a good match personally I don't think it should of been a unanimous win for Blachowicz but hey I seen worse scoring, and I'm kinda glad Izzy doesn't have plans to stay at Light Heavyweight, cause I really wanna see a thicc boy Jonny Bones at Heavyweight
    Yeah those scorecards for Jan/Izzy were WHACK! But Izzy was not dominant and that's kinda what you gotta do to win a Championship in the judges eyes I guess.

Happy to see Aljo with the belt. Yan decided to cheat, he threw an illegal strike. At that point its all over, ya just handed the other guy your belt. I hope it was all an act honestly, because if Aljo was really that hurt then I'd be concerned about lasting damage. But what did anyone expect? A DQ L for Yan means a win for Sterling. Sterling didnt do anything wrong, he made weight and fought fair. If its just stripped.. I could see other champs using that(belt stripped due to illegal strikes) to not "lose their belt to that guy" if they are losing.

Hopefully Edwards beats Muhammad....

I'm frankly tired of all the Russians and their extremely boring ground game.

I get it that it gets them a win but its not entertaining, I dont care how hard DC tries to make it so.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Hopefully Edwards beats Muhammad....

I'm frankly tired of all the Russians and their extremely boring ground game.

I get it that it gets them a win but its not entertaining, I dont care how hard DC tries to make it so.
    Its fun to see something impressive on the ground once or twice per fight. But yeah I wish they would go ahead and finish instead of just grinding out a W.

What a night of fights only to end with the main event.... Yikes.

That eyepoke...

Quote Originally Posted by mobsterboy View Post
    That eyepoke...
    I feel bad for both fighters.

But it was obvious muhammed was totally outgunned and wasn't going to win.

That's why edwards doesn't want to run it back.

They aren't on the same level at all.

Im just happy to hear Belal say his eyesight was coming back. 2 back to back illegal strikes, 2 different decision outcomes, and fighters in both situations that dont care to run it back. Hmmm..

That April card is coming together quite nicely

Brunson or Holland ?

Holland's press meeting are more entertaining

It has to be asked....

Ben Askren or Jake Paul ?

I think it boils to the question, is Ben's athleticism and his professional and amateur experience in combat sports enough to overcome Jake's boxing skills(?) (I consider wresting a combat sport in and of itself) On paper, Jake should box his brains out! But to me that is what makes this fight intriguing. I would have to study both of these guys in depth to know how I would place a money bet.

That said, if I were forced to place a bet right this second, I would go with my gut and call it for Ben. Part of that is because I am a fan, and because I started wrestling when I was pretty young (10ish) most of my experience was in freestyle summer tournaments, so that skill set is near and dear to me.

It's a sideshow, good for both of them for making their money(mainly Ben) I don't think ufc fighters get paid as much as they should since the reebok deal(but that's a whole different subject and since the reebok deal ended we'll see where that goes) but if I had to say, I'm on team Ben as well

Also anyone catch Christian Lee on ONE? the past 2 weeks have been pretty good, fun to see more MMA hitting the public eye, I just wish Bellator would cut the crap with trying to find a home by jumping to different streaming services like who really wants to subscribe to Showtime Anywhere to watch fights?

I'm torn whether to buy the ppv or not seeing how Whittaker vs. Gastelum ought to be pretty good.....