Thread: The Electro Pneumatic project

The Electro Pneumatic project

Well I have been toying with the idea since luke did the CFL mod to my zgrip and finally started on it a month ago, I just havnt worked on it that much between now and then. I finally set aside a few hours at work so I could spend some time on it and have now almost completed it. I still have to drill 2 holes for the mode buttons on the board (that is a Dragun Tboard with ultra chip), as well as drill and tap a couple holes for set screws to mount the board and the micro switch, but I want to run a few test this weekend first before I do that to be sure I dont have to reposition the mpa-3. So here she is, the zgrip from my Sleeping Smurf of Doom!

Here is a couple of assembled pictures. Is the LPR to ugly there?

http://www.fusionowners.org/zgrip/IMG_0250.jpg
    http://www.fusionowners.org/zgrip/IMG_0251.jpg
    Last edited by Arstron; 10-30-2006 at 02:43 PM.

Dang Boiiii! That has loads of room. What's your montly rent on that thing.

You Got PM.

Unfortuntly the rented space is going to be taken up by either a cooler or a keg, I havnt decided which will fit better yet.

~Shingo~

Wowowowowowowowowowowow

solenoid to run the MPA3? placement? looks nice and clean!!! nice work.

Oh yes, I have a SMC mini solenoid, just had left it at home the day of the pictures, I found out yesterday that my ultra chip seems to be no good, but I still have a couple of stock chips laying around to put in it (atleast I hope its the chip). I will get more pictures once I test it and finish the install 100%.

Nice work.

What kind of LPR is that?

what body is that?

Quote Originally Posted by bentothejam1n
    what body is that?
    Z-body

Yes it is a Zbody (adds back spin like a tippman flat line... Zbody+Zgrip=complete Z-Mag ), the lpr regulator is a clippard (I forget the part number right now). I can say that this lpr reg is not a good one to use with a stock on/off in a mag, with the preasure as high as it will go the regulator still doesnt move enough air to shoot the gun with a stock on/off.

I just put the zgrip together on my bench at home (with all the guts laying out of it), and I can say that it works great! I was affrad the mpa-3 was going to have some problems with it being to close to the rail, but there was none. I will start on my final assembly monday and will put it threw a good test next saterday at practice, as well as try to get a video of it shooting. I am very excited, only change I am considering is adding a spring to the trigger due to me using such a light microswitch, but will see. I will post more pictures latter this week of final assembly.