Thread: Maxim Mag

Maxim Mag

There is a little blurb in the new Maxim about the Maxim Emag and was wondering what is so special about it that makes it cost $2600.
    Die Screaming

Brass Eagle Stingray
    12oz CO2
    VL 200

Look at the carrying case it comes with
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Team Managed Aggression, Missouri Paintball

Pround owner of a 2003 Shocker, and AO.org user ... an almost unheard of combo.

"Love, Peace, and Shonen Knife!"
    AOLIM - lopxtc

lopxtc,

I'm sure that carrying case would cost you a lot more than $2600 !!

and worth every penny.
    i dont like signatures. so i turned them off. AO is much better this way.

Yeah, I have the new Maxim too! too bad I don't have a scanner here..

It says, under "Top Gear," page 156 in the Feb. 2002 Maxim;
    'Airgun Designs/Shocktech Maxim E-mag ($2,400)
    This top-of-the-line Maxim endorsed paintball gun can fire 16 rounds a second. Know what that means? You can paint your foes red from head to toe before they can even consider saying "ouch-that-reeeaaaally-f__ing-hurts!" The polished-aluminum bazooka has a Dye Titanium Boomstick barrel and a computer in the handle with an LED readout that'll tell you your rate of fire, how many balls you've shot, and the time left in your game. (Badboyztoyz.com)'

It shows a Blue SFL E-mag picture, with Titanium boomer, and a blue AGD 4500 flatline. Publicity galore So I guess that comes out to about $2,000 for those things.. then it has a white MAXIM sticker on the battery pack.. ouch, I guess that's what costs the extra $400
    To do is to be. -Descartes
    To be is to do. -Voltaire
    Do be do be do. -Frank Sinatra

Hey, I can make Maxim stickers! Your's for the low, low price of $375! What a steal!

Moorewatch

If you read this, thank a teacher.
    If you read this in English, thank a soldier.

Paintchucker Guest

Talking But it at a Maxim Price !!!

That sounds about right for their pricing...
    They are a little over enthusiastic. Do they know it is not really a gun???

Airgun Designs Custom E-Mag ($1,750)
    Our company paintball expert Chris Phoenix rounded up six 2001 paintball guns from four top companies, and we went out and painted the town. Yup, it was bloody. The E-Mag gets our nod for top shooter. This gun operates on compressed air (rather than CO2). Fire it manually (one shot per trigger pull), or you can set the computer in the handle to fire in bursts (say, six balls per pull). When it’s set to semiautomatic, it can shoot 16 rounds per second. Bonus: We’re in talks with the E-Mag series manufacturer to produce a limited-edition gun called the Maxim-Mag. No joke. Kill! Kill! Kill! (Airgun Designs, 847–520–7507)

MAXIM Apr 2001 Grab Bag with E-mag

shartley Guest
    Yup... a bit over the top. Don't they know that the Paintball Industry is trying (and has ALWAYS tried) to get away from the KILL KILL KILL crap? How about the "GUN" stuff too? Or how about "Bloody"? Or how about "rounds"? It does not seem to be the right image IMHO... all the work good folks put into getting rid of misconceptions and Maxim hits every one of them with their "write up". I guess THEY did not give those IN the write up a courtesy preview to check for accuracy? And it does not say much for their company paintball "expert".

Let's see (for the heck of it) if it would lose anything by using the correct terms...

Our company paintball expert Chris Phoenix rounded up six 2001 paintball markers from four top companies, and we went out and painted the town. Yup, it was messy. The E-Mag gets our nod for top shooter. This marker operates on compressed air (rather than CO2). Fire it manually (one shot per trigger pull), or you can set the computer in the handle to fire in bursts (say, six balls per pull). When it’s set to semiautomatic, it can shoot 16 balls per second. Bonus: We’re in talks with the E-Mag series manufacturer to produce a limited-edition marker called the Maxim-Mag. No joke. Splat! Splat! Splat!(Airgun Designs, 847–520–7507)

HMMMM Just what I thought, it works fine, and would not have made them look like total idiots (as well as paintball being a combat sport for killers)... well not TOTAL idiots.