Thread: Automag68 - Promag - What next?

Automag68 - Promag - What next?

Hello all, I recently picked up an Automag68 which has been promag'd
    Can I ask what changes this made to the marker, if memory serves I think the Predators used to do these mods in the UK?

Anyways aside from that question, this is the marker I could never afford when I was 14 so I had to snap one up when one came up on a forum. Now that I have it should I just leave it alone or are there any upgrades or changes that would be worth doing?

It currently has a Level 7 bolt and parabolic power feed cap and the promag thing, its also got some sort of foregrip that the air feeds through, and a drop fitted.

Do you have a pic?

'Promag' does not ring a bell...

Is it a PTP product?

I got the following info from the thread

68 Automag with promag upgrade fitted by John Sosta of Powerpulse Products 1993... Serial No:235

I wish my grass was Emo so it would cut itself
    Do a quick search here on "promag" and you should be able to find everything you want to know about it.
    I cannot remember all the details, but it seems like one of the major parts of the mod was to line up the air passages in the reg and valve half, which AGD went on to do for themselves later. Maybe more.

The only "upgrades" that any mag really needs is the addition of the LX bolt. Everything else IMO is asthetics. OF course there are pneu-mods, but that is getting into a whole other story.

so you think its good to keep as is?

was thinking about tidying up the air hoses with macroline and macro fittings and maybe stick an on/off purge as its hard to get an HPA tank on and off the marker.

will try a search thanks.

Keep it as a collectible.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by athomas
    Keep it as a collectible.
    really do you think it might be worth somehting?

the body has a couple of scuffs from the hoses.

I also have the original manual and an official certificate for the promag upgrade.

Jusy out of interest i guess some of the stuff on there is setup for CO2, is it ok to just put air through it or do i need to change anything? seemed ok just sticking an air bottle on it.

thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Codiak
    really do you think it might be worth somehting?

the body has a couple of scuffs from the hoses.

I also have the original manual and an official certificate for the promag upgrade.

Jusy out of interest i guess some of the stuff on there is setup for CO2, is it ok to just put air through it or do i need to change anything? seemed ok just sticking an air bottle on it.

thanks in advance
    It will always be worth what a mag is worth, they are indestructible. Maybe a little more to the right person.

You're fine hooking up HPA to it.

I'd get a LVL 10 bolt kit for it. The mod is completely reversible, and LVL 10 rocks.

reluctantly tinking about letting this go as i have just won a new gat and cant justify having 4 markers now, think the NME project might have to go too.

This marker has the original manual, training video and also a promag certificate which is a piece of history. was considering putting it as an auction on PGi anyone with an idea of value for this?