Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need Help with a Bad Ebay Seller

Need Help with a Bad Ebay Seller

DO NOT BUY FROM ANS GEAR or ANS EXTREME or BARBS PB!

So I bought a CP bolt-on ASA from an ebay seller, in the picture it was gloss green and had a decal on the side. It matches every bolt-on ASA on every one of my markers, which is why I bought it. The color in the picture matched the marker I planned to use it on. It didn't show up for weeks, so I emailed back and forth with the company 'til it got here.

The company is BarbsPB on eBay, the PayPal name is ANS Extreme, and their site links to ANSgear.com

When it arrived I found that it was a different model than the one pictured, the decal was on the front rather than the side, and it was longer and thinner than the one in the auction picture. It was also a light puke green with yellowish smears rather than the pictured rich dark green.

Here's the Auction:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Here's the Auction Picture:

Here's My Picture:

Because of the blurry, flashy-ness of the picture, I took a picture next to an item of the same green color as the ASA pictured in the auction. Do not make the mistake of thinking the flash washes out the color, it is in fact more yellow in real life than it is in the pictures... The flash seems to make it more green.

I've reported to them that it is a different model and color than what I ordered, and the refuse to replace it or refund me. They keep giving me CPs phone number and telling me that I've got to complain to the manufacturer directly, rather than the seller who misrepresented the item... They say that they have no responsibility.

Here's the back 'n forth:

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry
    Item arrived today, but it doesn't match the picture. It's a very light yellowish swamp green instead of the dark green pictured in the auction, and the logo/decal isn't located in the same place.

I'm pretty dissapointed, as I've bought all my previous ASAs of the same brand from you and been very satisfied.

What are we going to do about this?
    Quote Originally Posted by BarbsPB
    This is a better problem to be taken up with the manufacturer. Every time you anodize an item it is likely to come out different unless the person doing the anodizing is 100% spot on with the anodizing process. Here is CP's number to call and ask them what is best for you to do: (480) 539-4820. If you have any further questions let us know.
    The item is not as pictured in the auction. What I recieved was a different color and different model than the one in the picture. What was pictured was a dark gloss green bolt-on ASA with decals on the side. What I recieved was a yellow/green bolt-on ASA with a decal on the front.

You provided a picture of the item for the auction, and I chose to purchase it. What I recieved was not the item in the picture; it was not the same model or the same color. I have not recieved what I purchased.

If you have the dark green ASA with decals on the side that you pictured in the auction, I will return what you sent me and you can send me the correct model and refund my shipping costs.

If you do not have it, you can refund my money, plus shipping costs to return the incorrect item.
    Quote Originally Posted by BarbsPB
    As stated in our previous email, you will need to call the manufacturer (CP - Custom Products)(480) 539-4820. There is nothing we can do about anodizing. You can ask the manufacturer why the product you ordered was not the exact color you were looking for. We do apologize for the inconvenience.
    It's not the same model! It is a different color and model than YOU pictured in the auction. They didn't put pictures in the auction, you did, and you are responsible for sending me the MODEL and COLOR that YOU ADVERTISED.

Your previous email didn't even address the fact that you sent me a different model, and you can't honestly say you're sorry for the inconvenience because if you were you'd take your item back and send me the correct one.

Make this right.

What should I do here? I've just filed a thing with PayPal, I just want to give these guys a shot to fix their problem before I put my money in a 30 day hangup. Any advice from people who've dealt with similar issues?

Also, any contact info for BarbsPB / ANS Extreme / ANSgear?

Last edited by Frizzle Fry; 09-21-2009 at 02:37 AM. Reason: added pictures

Without making a federal case out of it...

Send it back. Request a refund, if they don't - use paypal to get it back.

/end of story
    Warp Feed Evangelist
    My Feedback

the web site has a phone number on the top right corner. try calling them direct?

Much easier to yell at people over the phone IMO

Snip
    Wow, I'm glad I saw your thread, because I was considering buying an asa from them in the future when I have some cash

It truly is unfortunate that this happened to you though... I think the only thing you can do is what Fred suggested.

Yea barb's customer service is horrible, I bought some macroline/fittings from them and it never arrived, only way I was able to get anything done was through paypal:/

You should have a case with paypal tho, item recieved is not like pictured item.

I've ordered from them several times, most of the time with no probs... (i've heard barbs is part of ANS, not sure tho)
    Last edited by BiNumber3; 09-17-2009 at 09:21 PM.

Paypal case!! that is the only way to get these sellers to respond and fix it. If they ignore it, you will just get your money back. I have ordered from Barbs before, with no problems. But that doesn't surprise me. Good luck, and let us know how it turns out. I will be reconsidering any future orders with them now!!!

Here is my suggestion.

1. Try calling cp direct like they have told you too. It looks like they drop ship there items. So maybe cp is really the one at fault. Tell them the story and see what happens. Maybe it will be an easy transaction. If not go with what everyone else has said.

Not sure if they can alter the ebay auction so I would get a screen shot of it just in case.

Good Luck

I guess I'll go with PayPal for the dispute.

I'm surprised a company as big as ANS Gear would be this crappy... But then again, they are using an alias

This is my thought now:

Quote Originally Posted by BiNumber3
    I've ordered from them several times, most of the time with no probs... (i've heard barbs is part of ANS, not sure tho)
    I have too... I've bought 3 ASAs with no problems... Then one was a little bit weird color-wise but I didn't complain because it was close. This new one is unnacceptable. Wrong color, wrong style, and it took ages to get here (they printed a label, dropped it at the post office 8 days later, and at my house 11 days after that).

Wasn't barbs the same place that was selling all the fake myth regs too?

If I may play devils advocate here, it does state under the FAQs in the listing that:

"If you ever have a problem with your purchase, you can contact the manufacturer direct for a quick resolution. "

just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by automagmasta
    If I may play devils advocate here, it does state under the FAQs in the listing that:

"If you ever have a problem with your purchase, you can contact the manufacturer direct for a quick resolution. "

just saying.
    ...uhuh.

So if I buy a blue Ego7 from this seller and they send me a purple Ego6, that's not their problem? I should contact Planet Eclipse?

I've fortunately had good luck with ANS. BUT...I have heard that you can be put thru the loop before you get what you want if there's an issue. Call them as mentioned, results are always better when they can hear your pain (or anger).

I've had to do this a few times. Filing a dispute with paypal is the way to go on this and when you send the item back, track it. Paypal will need the tracking number to finalizes the transaction and like what someone else said already. If the seller ignores it, paypal will give you your money back including shipping charges.

My issue is mainly that I've had to file with PayPal several times recently, and they might think I'm up to no good... At first, I bought a "new" gripframe that was used and missing parts, then I "scored" two sets of Kapp grip panels that never arrived. Finally I bought a set of handcuffs and recieved a folding AK56 foregrip. All honest reports, but I got an email concerning 'high use of the claim system' and don't want that to cast a poor light on my case.

That said, my "dispute" is now a "claim" so it's up to PayPal now.

I'll take some pics ASAP so people can see this travesty.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudz
    Wasn't barbs the same place that was selling all the fake myth regs too?
    I'm 80% sure it was them, about this time last year.

Quote Originally Posted by riceboi
    I'm 80% sure it was them, about this time last year.
    I remember that, just not who it was. Weren't they not even regulators? Just some kind of Chinese look-alike that lets air through and had a fake burst disk? I definately saw a post with pics somewhere and those things looked extremely unsafe. From what I saw, it was just like what you'd find on a stock C02 tank except the fake burst disk made it extra unsafe.

I'm starting to wonder if my ASA isn't a knock-off... I've never see another CP like it, but it's very similar to the standard except with slightly different dimensions and decal placement. The poor anodizing might be explained by that, too.

Could ANS Gear be buying Chinese knock-offs or "factory second" defect items and selling them through Barbs PB as a shell?

I remember that, just not who it was. Weren't they not even regulators? Just some kind of Chinese look-alike that lets air through and had a fake burst disk? I definately saw a post with pics somewhere and those things looked extremely unsafe. From what I saw, it was just like what you'd find on a stock C02 tank except the fake burst disk made it extra unsafe.

I'm starting to wonder if my ASA isn't a knock-off... I've never see another CP like it, but it's very similar to the standard except with slightly different dimensions and decal placement. The poor anodizing might be explained by that, too.

Could ANS Gear be buying Chinese knock-offs or "factory second" defect items and selling them through Barbs PB as a shell?
    It wouldnt be the first time its happened.

My issue is mainly that I've had to file with PayPal several times recently, and they might think I'm up to no good... At first, I bought a "new" gripframe that was used and missing parts, then I "scored" two sets of Kapp grip panels that never arrived. Finally I bought a set of handcuffs and recieved a folding AK56 foregrip. All honest reports, but I got an email concerning 'high use of the claim system' and don't want that to cast a poor light on my case.

That said, my "dispute" is now a "claim" so it's up to PayPal now.

I'll take some pics ASAP so people can see this travesty.
    Hey man. Streak of bad luck sucks but as long as you have your ducks in a row and all the other guys are tap dancing around, there's nothing paypal is going to do against you.
    Last edited by Ando; 09-20-2009 at 02:28 PM.

Honestly, I've always had great CS experience with ANS. They've always went above and beyond the call of duty to make things right for me when I've had a problem with them. The guy on the phone, Pete, has been one of the most helpful people I've ever spoken to. I am baffled by this.

Quote Originally Posted by warbeak2099
    Honestly, I've always had great CS experience with ANS. They've always went above and beyond the call of duty to make things right for me when I've had a problem with them. The guy on the phone, Pete, has been one of the most helpful people I've ever spoken to. I am baffled by this.
    Like I said, it's a front... I've had great experiences with ANS Gear, but they've done a lot to distance themselves from BarbsPB. It's BarbsPB to ANS EXTREME to ANS Gear, and they don't just toss the links out there. Same PayPal Account though.

No callback yet, I've called twice.

This is certainly odd. I am an ANS dealer and have had nothing but great dealings with them. They ship fast, economical and always what I order. Could it be a slip up? Who knows at this juncture of time! I hope everything pans out for you Frizzle Fry

Quote Originally Posted by SSP REAPER
    This is certainly odd. I am an ANS dealer and have had nothing but great dealings with them. They ship fast, economical and always what I order. Could it be a slip up? Who knows at this juncture of time! I hope everything pans out for you Frizzle Fry
    I've used ANS Gear with great results in the past, always fast shipping and good communication... I've also used ANS products (cockers, mag bolts, eyes, frames) for quite some time and I haven't ever been dissapointed with their quality.

Like I said, this isn't ANS Gear or ANS Extreme... It's a "front" they've set up for eBay. There's no accountability, nothing to let you know that you're actually buying from ANS, until you file with PayPal and request their info. Then you find out that the PayPal account is in the name of ANS Extreme, whos website links you to ANS Gear.

It's clear from the kind of feedback BarbsPB has gotten lately that ANS has decided to use the eBay business to unload damaged, off-color, or knockoff items that they can't sell outright. The problem is that they sell them as "new" and "original" for full price, which they aren't.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2498965

i was going have my friend order all his gear from them (new to the game) , this flash back kinda worry me now.

I'd file a dispute with both Paypal and a complaint with e-bay. If you wanted to deal with the manufacturer you would have bought from the manufacturer.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. Its not" - Dr Suess

Quote Originally Posted by Lohman446
    I'd file a dispute with both Paypal and a complaint with e-bay. If you wanted to deal with the manufacturer you would have bought from the manufacturer.
    That's what I'm saying to them, but they insist that the "color issue" is the MFGs fault and refuse to acknowledge that it's a different model not just a messed up color.

well, they are trying blame it on custom products of all companies, and i've never even heard of anything coming from cp that was "off"
    if anything, you might try contacting cp, see what they say about barbs' claim, and go from there

well, they are trying blame it on custom products of all companies, and i've never even heard of anything coming from cp that was "off"
    if anything, you might try contacting cp, see what they say about barbs' claim, and go from there
    I called, and told them that it was the wrong model and color. They said color variations occur (same schpiel), and that the seller is responsible for picturing the proper color. When I told them it was the wrong model and that the seller told me to contact them, the guy laughed at me (though if I was in his shoes, I'd laugh too).

I've made my "dispute" into a "claim" following no-contact from BarbsPB and no phone responses from ANS Gear. I also sent them a message stating the following:

So you know, I've filed a claim with PayPal. You haven't responded there, so I thought I'd inform you. I've also made phone calls to ANS Gear and ANS Extreme concerning this issue.

You have refused to address the fact that you sent me the WRONG MODEL of Custom Products ASA... I know the color variation might be the manufacturers fault, but they laughed when I said that it wasn't the right model and told me to contact you again.

I can and will cancel my PayPal claim at any time if you refund me, or replace my item with the proper model and color. Otherwise, I'll continue with the claim and I'll be calling the ANS office twice a day until I get some answers.

I'll try to post pics tonight. I've been so busy I just haven't had the chance.

hmm, thought cp'ed be a lil angry that another company is trying to blame them for problems

hmm, thought cp'ed be a lil angry that another company is trying to blame them for problems
    Yeah. Well. I dunno.

I've lost faith in this game, I really have. Shop owners and field owners give people crap for using older markers, companies sell inferior products and lie about their effectiveness and nobody is there to prove them wrong because guys like Glenn Palmer and Tom Kaye have retired. Customer service is rarely any good unless you buy direct from a manufacturer, and even then only the good ones.

The problem is that as big as paintball might be, it's not big enough to be effected by things like the "Better Business Bureau" or Consumer Reports. Since the sport is ruled by whoever is bigges or holds the most patents, and a majority of players are young adults and kids, nothing can be fixed. Legitimate complaints get overshadowed by the support of fanboys, and PayPal moderators know so little about paintball that they're hesitant to grant refunds.

The internet looked like it was going to give paintball new life in the late 90s, but to me it's killing the sport.