Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: **AO Day New England Official Announcement**

**AO Day New England Official Announcement**

1 Day Left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*** OFFICIAL RELEASE ***

Here it is, the long awaited official announcement for AO Day New England. The day will be September 28th, the location Cape Cod Paintball. We are fairly exited about holding the event there as it is considered by many to be the best Field in the region.

This will be a living announcement. As more details come in, you will find them here, so please check back.

Details are as follows:

Field Location :

Cape Cod PaintBall
    160 MacArthur Blvd.
    Bourne, MA 02532

Prices :

1.) Walk on $20.00: Your own Gun (Guns subject to speed check) Field paint only on CCPB fields

2.) All Day Air Fill $10.00: Nitro or CO2

3.) Full Rental $35.00: Includes: Mask, Gun (Model 98 Tippman), 200 Rounds of paint, All day air fill (CO2),

4.) Field Paint $65.00 (per 2000 rnd case): Rental Players MUST use Field Paint

5.) Air Fills: Nitro $2.00 per Thousand (We can fill to 4500 psi)

6.) Air Fills: CO2

CO2 Tank Size Price Per Fill
    * 7 - 9 oz. $3.00
    * 12 - 14 oz. $4.00
    * 16 - 20oz. $6.00

Available Lodging :

Hey, it's Cape Cod, there is lodging every thirty feet. Here are a few in the Borne area:

Bay Motor Inn
    (508) 759-3989
    223 Main St.
    Buzzards Bay, MA 02532

Best Western Bourne Bridge Hotel
    (508) 759-0800
    (800) 675-0008
    100 Trowbridge Rd.
    Bourne, MA 02532

Buttermilk Bay Inn
    (508) 743-0800
    3224 Cranberry Hwy.
    Buzzards Bay, MA 02532

Cape Cod Country Gardens Inn
    508-564-5857
    877 Shore Road
    Pocasset, MA 02559

Eastern Inn
    (508) 759-2711
    (888) 445-5445
    Rt. 28
    Buzzards Bay, MA 02532

Fox Run Bed & Breakfast
    (508) 759-1458
    171 Puritan Rd.
    Buzzards Bay, MA 02532

Holly House "By-the-Canal" B&B
    (508) 759-2864
    20 Keene St.
    Bourne, MA 02532

Jasper's Motel
    (508) 759-2712
    888) 445-5445
    829 Scenic Hwy.
    Buzzards Bay, MA 02532

Jasper's Too
    (508) 759-3003
    (888) 445-5445
    101 Maple St.
    Buzzards Bay, MA 02532

Scenic View Motel
    (508) 888-3331
    (888)445-5445
    871 Scenic Hwy.
    Buzzards Bay, MA 02532

Sea Cliff
    (508) 888-0609
    2 Indian Trail
    Box 1
    Sagamore Beach, MA 02562

Shipsway Motel
    (508) 888-0206
    51 Canal Rd.
    Buzzards Bay, MA 02532

The Beachmoor
    (508) 759-7522
    11 Buttermilk Bay
    Buzzards Bay, MA 02532

Special Guests :

So far we don't have any. I'll be contacting people from AGD to see if we can get someone out for the event. Then it will be truly official, even though we have nothing "official" to celebrate. If you are, or know someone who qualifies as a "special guest", please contact me.

Types of Games :

This is entirely dependent on how many people we have show up. Many options have been discussed and will continue to be discussed as the day nears. We would like to keep at least one field open for pick up games throughout the day.

When asked in this thread what would be going on at AO Day NE, Wheelman put things in perspective for us:

Paintball, lots and lots of paintball. We are most definatley gonna mix some huge amounts of fun in there and oh theres gonna be some meeting and talking too.

Prizes / Giveaways:

Hopefully we will have allot in this section by the 28th. Lets work together on this one. If you yourself can donate a prize, or have a local store that may want to donate something please contact me.

Prizes Supplied by:

KINGMAN/RAVEN
    IRBODDEN
    DONGGIE(SP)
    DANSIM

Pre-registration Information:

There are innumerable reasons why we need to get a handle on how many people will be there ahead of time. Please commit to coming as soon as possible and send me a PM so I can add your name to the list. Guests are welcome, so please let me know how many you will have. The Field has rentals available for any newbs you might bring .

List of Confirmed Attendees:

Patron God of Pirates + 5
    TheTramp +1
    virus
    2000Sabre +1
    FutureMagOwner
    Gecko
    oldsoldier
    1stdeadeye
    Raptor3359 +4
    Timmee +1
    RusskiX
    Dansim +4
    sniper1rfa +1
    SprayingMango
    Reo5th + 2
    cwuchu
    angelKiller16
    Wheelman
    paintballrulzs +1
    TheClapp15 +3
    Remington + (1 - 5)
    canibus
    POlishpickles451
    Magsrule3
    jpkunk +1
    IcePirates_Cowboy
    Rynoboy06

Carpooling :

It would be a huge help to quite a few members if anyone is available to carpool to the event. If you have room and don't mind toting someone else to and from the event, please post about it here. Include where you are driving from and if possible, how far is to far out of the way. THANX-
    Last edited by Patron God of Pirates; 09-27-2002 at 10:07 AM.

When it says "Rental players MUST use field paint", does that mean that non-rental players can use their own paint?
    Level 10, ULE bodied, X-Valved mag
    Flat black Intelliframe
    12"cp barrel
    CP mini gas-through
    Phsyco Ballistics Drop with on/off
    pmi 68ci 3000psi nitro tank

Originally posted by acecl22
    When it says "Rental players MUST use field paint", does that mean that non-rental players can use their own paint?
    No, that is not what it means. There is a numbered line for both Rental Players and Self Owned Players. BOTH lines state the Field is FIELD PAINT ONLY.

Please folks.. read what was written, it will answer your questions.

Oh…. I believe the cases are 2000 round cases. PGOP can you verify this (I believe we already have) and is so add that with the case price?

You can tentatively add me to your list, and my Wife (but she will not be playing… maybe target shooting though).. and we may bring my Son as well, but not sure yet. You know how it is trying to be “fair” with a large family.

(Note: I do find it funny that there would be an all day Air price, but then a single fill price. I guess that is just for those that only want to play ONE game? I think most will get all day air. )

www.ShartleyCustoms.com
    Custom Paintball Products and Accessories
    CLICK HERE to Check out our PDU SERIES GEAR!

its more like a paper cut that has primadonna's yelling murder... - Glickman

I'll see if Black Cell can come out

I don't know though, because after shatnerball, money may be a little tight. We'll probably have to decide after Shatnerball has passed.

The paint at CCPB is normaly 2000 rounds of Team Colors. It's been shooting very well through Dye barrels (SS, AL ect)
    "Relax. Don't worry. Have a Home Brew."
    -Charlie Papazian

Feedback: https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...threadid=40134

now for those that have never been there...

if you will be coming via 495S... it turns into rt 25 just stay on that (still a highway) and go right over the bourne bridge... after the bridge you run right into a rotary... the field entrance is about 3/4 around the rotary there is a small sign at road level.....

if coming from south of the cape and your taking rt 6... once in buzzards bay find your way onto 25 and go over the bridge and just like above just keep going round and round the rotary till ya see it =)

now i just need to decide if i'm going to drive out fri and crash at my moms camper out there and eat all the food or just drive out sat morning....
    Virus, King of the Basement Trollz has spoken

Hey Thordic- if you guys do go up, let me know. I'd caravan w/ you. Right now, it's WAY up in the air. We'll see.

Originally posted by Thordic
    I'll see if Black Cell can come out

I don't know though, because after shatnerball, money may be a little tight. We'll probably have to decide after Shatnerball has passed.

Originally posted by virus

now i just need to decide if i'm going to drive out fri and crash at my moms camper out there and eat all the food or just drive out sat morning....
    Hey, if you do end up down there on Friday night do you mind if I set up a tent next to the camper? I'll bring a cooler .

hey........

Hey any Vermont Ao'ers in here that would be so kind as to give a 15 year old a ride to the Ao day a day after his birthday? If anyone would be as kind as to give me a ride then just PM me or contact me through email. Thanks.

Re: hey........

Originally posted by paint king
    Hey any Vermont Ao'ers in here that would be so kind as to give a 15 year old a ride to the Ao day a day after his birthday? If anyone would be as kind as to give me a ride then just PM me or contact me through email. Thanks.
    Do you follow the rules of the road?

Just kidding.. make sure you know who your riding up with..

if i go ill have to hide from shartley and his family lol... are we gunna do special name tags or jerseys or some bejazz like that?

haha......

irbodden for me the rules of the road dont apply for paintball. . I will make sure the person i ride with if any is at least sane.

Cool 337.63 miles 5 hours 57 minutes

It's a long haul, but I am game. Anyone from Jersey want to caravan/carpool up there?

This is gonna be blast!
    Last edited by 1stdeadeye; 08-08-2002 at 04:57 PM.

Re: 337.63 miles 5 hours 57 minutes

Originally posted by 1stdeadeye
    It's a lng haul, but I am game. Anyone from Jersey want to caravan/carpool up there?

This is gonna be blast!
    I might be game. Have to see whats going on for WC, but I would like to go play
    Quote of the year: "Reading blwos"

As little as 10 cents a day and you can buy my family out of slavery... Hurry before its too late!

Oh, you can definitely count me in. Also, I'm going to be (possibly) bringing my roommate. See ya'll there.
    There are three kinds of people in the world: Those who can count, and those who can't.

With understanding comes understanding.

If the saying is true that we are what we eat, aren't we all just cannibals?

I would love to come, but as Thordic pointed out - money may be tight after Shatnerball. Maybe i can load the motorcycle up and make a n Easy Rider type thing of it.

~Fred
    www.stupidace.com
    GOOD TRADERS: Tunaman, RogueFactor, ah137, Squeegeekid, Thelar, WebShock

Thumbs up

If anyone needs a ride from Southern NH, I'll be leaving from Manchester/Nashua early Sat. morning. I should have room for 3 passengers. PM if you need a ride.

See ya at CCPB!

connecticut

i'm from ct. i'm 15. if theres anyone that would be passing through brideport.. or stratford.. on I-95, maybe some guys could grab me at a rest stop up here. lets talk. or pm me

same as psyco...i'll wait with him...if you anyone could grab us both that'd be great....lmk

sorry pgop i was alil ansy , anyway reffing will be by
    cape cod paintball
    ill pick up some hello my name is tags
    i dont think they allow camping on site

just so you guys know
    team colors are being manufactured a lil different recently theve been runnin in the .682's so keep that in mind bring extra barrels

Dansim+0
    Last edited by dansim; 09-14-2002 at 10:12 AM.

Question Amtrak?

Where is the nearest Amtrak station to the field? My buddy might come and we were toying with taking the train instead of driving up there? If it is close, we may take amtrak then rent a car or cab it over to the fields.

Thanks!

Where is the nearest Amtrak station to the field? My buddy might come and we were toying with taking the train instead of driving up there? If it is close, we may take amtrak then rent a car or cab it over to the fields.
    I used to take the train between Newark and Boston several years back. The main train terminal in the center of Boston is at South Station. You'd still need a car to pop out to the cape but its not far, 30 minutes maybe. But driving is Boston can be a nightmare for out-of-towners
    Still you avoid all the traffic coming up and maybe someone local in Boston could pick you up at the station or a hotel Saturday morning.

Unhappy Boston is the closest?

Originally posted by RusskiX

I used to take the train between Newark and Boston several years back. The main train terminal in the center of Boston is at South Station. You'd still need a car to pop out to the cape but its not far, 30 minutes maybe. But driving is Boston can be a nightmare for out-of-towners
    Still you avoid all the traffic coming up and maybe someone local in Boston could pick you up at the station or a hotel Saturday morning.
    There are no feeder stations closer? Like down here in NJ, we have Cherry Hill as a stop right outside of Philadelphia. Are there any stops on the outskirts of Boston that are closer?
    Thanks!

Dont think ill be making it... im broke as it is with all these stupid Maine tourneys goin on .

Plus, i dont think my parents would drive me to Cape Cod from Portland.

count me in. i will be bringing joe (er, i forget his name, but he is new here...).

also, for everybody, you must stop at the store first, to get the little braclet deal. paint is sold at the field though.
    "The Fine Print: Discontinue use if your eyeballs suddenly get way smaller."

you can get those at the field aswell

RusskiX, I am gonna drive down bymyself, but anychance we could meet somewhere and i can follow you so i don't get lost. Let me know. I am coming from the candia area, so it is only 1a 15 - 20 min ride to manchester.

ok all for those that dont konw where ccpb is... here is a airphoto (kinda bad quality) and some bad handwriting from me but it should give an idea....

leadin into the pic

for those of us that will end up on 495s headin to the cape

495 turns into 25.... 25 dumps you onto the bourne bridge which dumps you into a rotary... basicly your there just look for a small sign at road level you'll be turnin into a dirt lot just follow it and you run into the field

for those coming toward the cape on rt6... hope when you get into buzzards bay (i think thats where 6 brings you) get onto 25s head to the cape and follw the directions from above

anyway here is a pic for when you come off the bourne bridge and into the rotary

and heres an old pic i think from SPACE!!