Thread: paintball mortor launcher

paintball mortor launcher

Me and my best friend are building an air powered cannon. this thing is behemith and we have all the materials but the pressure release valve. looking for an electricly controled one. one operated manualy will simply not work with the design. any suggestions

Look online for potato guns. Some designs use compressed air and a valve to launch.

Electric sprinkler valves can be purchased at hardware stores.

Inefficient gas-wise, but it works.

Proud Member Of The AO Cesspool Since 08-24-2002

ive been looking for that thread that butterfingers had made. about his potato launcher but everything before the first apperance of the y frame seems to have been deleted

go to home depot and get a electric sprinkler valve, 1inch npt thread, they work great
    i can post a picture of mine if you need help

aight i went to menards and picked up a sprinkler valve, assymbled the dump chamber and managed one test run before the accedental loss of my hearing. now we face another delema. we have the entire thing figured out except for we need some way of having a drum 2 feet long and 1 foot wide to rotate 1/6th of a turn with the press of a button. i know ths is going to arouse some questions... um heres the answer to the first one... it's gonna have 6 barrels that rotate and fire one at a time. and yes we want it automated

just make sure you can chrono it so you dont kill anyone
    "The Few Who Do Are The Envy Of The Many Who Only Stand And Watch"

Alway Remember *343*

Si vis pacem, para bellum

www.clippard.com

they have electronically controlled valves, but i dont think they are very high-psi rated. still good enough for a mortar launcher, i think...?
    SIG RULES SUCK REAL BAD AND THEYRE STUPID AND DUMB AND THEY STINK AND ARE STUPID AND I HATE THEM AND THEY SUCK REAL BAD