PDA

View Full Version : New Proto Gun Body Need Your Design Help!!!

Pages : [1] 2

AGD
03-26-2002, 09:47 PM
AO Design Team,

Once again I turn to your collective knowledge to help us make a killer looking gun. For the new guys I have to make it clear that THIS IS A PROTOTYPE!! It is not meant to look great but give an idea of which direction to go. Any comments should include suggestions on improvements.

The proto body shown here is made from plastic so it's easy for us to machine. The final version will be aluminum so you can have it in any color you want. It has some meat on the sides so you can carve it. We purposely went with a square look to get away from the tube on a frame thing. We experimented with a little C&C shown here. We will be able to offer them cut up or plain so you can hack them yourself.

This body will go on all our markers except the Xtreme and is meant to retrofit to existing markers. The general shape is limited to what we are showing you but the details can be changed.

The body goes from round to square and back to round. The problem is that without a sight rail or SOMETHING on the back end it looks UGLY. Since many people take off their sight rails we didn't want a bunch of ugly guns running around.

To fix this we came up with the idea of putting a dovetail in the top of the body only in the back. This way you can slide different stuff into the dovetail and lock it in position above the valve. We see how much people like to put covers on the Angel micro valve and we think this offers the same thing.

I am looking for cut and carve ideas as well as different things that can dovetail into the back of the body. Please cook up, cad up, draw or photoshop any ideas you have.

Different pictures are included below, please read the captions so you know what I am gettin at.

Thanks

AGD

AGD
03-26-2002, 09:48 PM
This is the new body with a small sight rail dovetailed into the slot on the back of the mainbody.

virus
03-26-2002, 09:48 PM
hmm.... now that wait for the pic begins =)

EDIT:ugg... posted right on top of tom....

hmm... first impression... ugg... that from the vertfeed tube...
after a a good look... deff. shows potentional..... the body rail and forgrip look out of place.... same for the sightrail (then again i've never been big on sightrails)

body minus the feedtube looks pretty good and i can just see the different milling that can happen with it.... but that feedtube still IMO kills it all....

AGD
03-26-2002, 09:50 PM
This is the sight rail removed from the dovetail. You can see the dovetail slot in the back of the body. The good thing about the dovetail is it doesnt show without the sight rail.

AGD
03-26-2002, 09:51 PM
closer view showing the squareness of the body.

FooTemps
03-26-2002, 09:52 PM
EEEWWWWW! IT LOOKS TOO STRANGE-ISH!!!

AGD
03-26-2002, 09:53 PM
Here it is with an RTpro sight rail attached. I reall like this look but then again I don't count.

PaInTbALL zAcH
03-26-2002, 09:54 PM
I like the shape but personally a different mill design would look better

theraidenproject
03-26-2002, 09:54 PM
well, i just don't like it. i actually like the tube on a frame design, in addition to nicely milled "traditonal" designs. it looks kind of awkward, like you tried to stuff another markers body on it. im not a big fan, but a real life, finished version might look different. its got potential to develop into a great looking gun, but i dont like the look of it now.

Paintballer86
03-26-2002, 09:55 PM
That looks SOO slick tom, you are definetley haeding inthe right direction. I would buy one of those in a second. That looks so cool.

FooTemps
03-26-2002, 09:55 PM
Ok, you need some creative juice... i'm gonna sketch a body for you!

AGD
03-26-2002, 09:57 PM
Remember the rules, comments must also contain sugestions!!

AGD

Potatoboy
03-26-2002, 09:58 PM
I like it as a proto, but how is this going to look with a powerfeed or warp feed body?

virus
03-26-2002, 10:00 PM
hmm... still that feedtube and sightrail still dont do anything for me... the RT rail helped it a little....

now the pic w/o the rail... if both sides of the feedtube had that diamond cut into it that would look pretty good.....

Tom, how about a pic with a non-cut RT bodyrail.... the cut one looks a little out of place cut down like that

synreal
i really dig the milling, definately worth holding onto.

i can do without the rt pro sight rail though.

very flintstones/dinosaur rib looking ;)

PaInTbALL zAcH
I don't no if u can but on the finished project I would get rid of some of that extra meat on the rail or put some nice gills on it:D

Also some examples of stuff that you could use to replace the rail would be cool.

theraidenproject
Originally posted by AGD
Remember the rules, comments must also contain sugestions!!

AGD
sorry. hmmm. the mill design looks... cartoonish? i dont know. something bolder and sharper might look better. i really like the look of this "jail cell" cocker http://www.kpcustoms.net/images/autocockerinfo/pages/Jaill-house-cocker_jpg.htm

magman007
THATS AWESOME! i like it with both sight rails, but i think the interchangeable idea rocks! you know how angel users put the angelwings on? well why not pit some sorta lion thing that slid3es in, or a silver agd sign. i think a little slide in agd sigh would be cool, OR OR!!!! you could name the body something like the auto crag er something and take that and carve the name out of a sightrail! that would be cool. Or you could higher a private contractor to do team names in sight rails. like have the butterscotch yo sightrail, or what ever any persons team may be. then charge like 50 bux for a custom team name sightrail!

ah137
03-26-2002, 10:04 PM
I would like the rail milled down more, I think it should be done on the rt pro/emag body as well. I don't like the wings. I would like to see a rail will one thickness the whole length. As for the body. I like the design, but not the milling. The current milling reminds me of Jurassic park or a reptile. how about no milling on the top in front of vertical feed neck. I do like the dove tail behind the feed neck.

later Hills

I would really like to see a modified body rail.

FaSSt
03-26-2002, 10:05 PM
Nice.

It should take cocker threading on the barrels.

How about a lightened model with a lot of the metal removed? I am assuming this body would support an ACE?

oneshot
03-26-2002, 10:06 PM
I like the one, with the sight rail taken off, the milling reminds me of 2000 milling on the dark angels, get rid of the sight rails, and make groves, to but our own rails in, kind of like magman007 said, like the angel sight rails, also make the feed tube able to be taken off, maybe make it angel threads, that is the one thing that I don't like about the extremes, is the plastic part on the vert feed,

my 2 cents

was looking at the first pic, it does not look that bad, maybe mill down the sight rail,

you should carve one of the extremes with that kind of milling it would look great.

AGD
03-26-2002, 10:06 PM
This is NOT an emag. The rails are all interchangable so if you didn't want this one you can replace it with a classic rail. It does take cocker barrel.

AGD

Kevmag
03-26-2002, 10:07 PM
Is there a way to fill the space between the front grip and the trigger? I'd like to see a grip similar to the E-Mag.

Otherwise, can you move the front grip out a bit? Something about that space I don't like (but can't put my finger on...).

BTW - I'm a big fan of the looks of the orginal (current) E-Mag.

Jason Reed
03-26-2002, 10:10 PM
Tom, it is okay right now but if you could do a cyclone or swirling C&C job on it to go with the valve sticking out og the back or if you did a flame or wave C&C job going back to the vavle. Also kin of far fetched but if you did an animal C&C like an eagle or lion or shark or something to that effect.

lloyd_kinky
03-26-2002, 10:12 PM
I think this looks sweet Tom. I think the tube on a frame look is kinda old school. I like it, but I like this a whole lot more. As several others have said, it certainly has potential. Were you saying that it is a direct retro fit for existing mags? Or did I just read too fast? If you did say that, does mean I could eventaually buy one and just bolt on my frame and slide in my valve and get to it? Anyway, I say keep rolling with this idea.

speedballbanks
03-26-2002, 10:15 PM
i like it how it is but can you somehom make a module on it so warps will work on it and make it not to expensive because i really want one just like that.

martlet1
03-26-2002, 10:18 PM
How about milling in AGD in letters somewhere, or a logo or something. I like the general look though. It looks kind of industrial. Tough looking. I like it.

lloyd_kinky
03-26-2002, 10:18 PM
I think this looks sweet Tom. I think the tube on a frame look is kinda old school. I like it, but I like this a whole lot more. As several others have said, it certainly has potential. Were you saying that it is a direct retro fit for existing mags? Or did I just read too fast? If you did say that, does mean I could eventaually buy one and just bolt on my frame and slide in my valve and get to it? Anyway, I say keep rolling with this idea.

InfinatyBPS
03-26-2002, 10:21 PM
I realy realy realy realy, don't like the milling, the idea is good but the miling is nasty. Make the transitions look better and just make it flow better, it just dosen't look like anything special, the new X-treme bodys look realy nice and flow well, try to get somthing like that, I realy like the idea of what you are doing and I will probably be looking into purchasing a mag after these come out, if you change that milling, try to make horizontal gills and try to do some designs on the top of the body like a dragon back type milling or mabe sight rail windows like on a cocker. Just make it have more to it, right now it looks realy cheezy.

tysonmachado
It's not to my personal taste but it will be nice looking when finished. The Automag is such a great gun with such a bad rep. I think that a wider range of cosmetic choices could really push the Automag back towards the top of the market! Nice work, keep the great ideas coming.

omni
I think it looks pretty good, not really my style tho.

TigerMan
03-26-2002, 10:22 PM
I really like it and I'm sure the finished aluminum model will look even slicker. Will different body styles be available for warps and such? All in all, its a great idea in the body and it looks great IMO.

deweasel697
03-26-2002, 10:24 PM
I really like the idea about the new body. I think the one you guys made looks sweet, the only thing I would change is to make the valve end square and keep the front end round. Other than that I like it.

RT_Luver
03-26-2002, 10:28 PM
hmmmmmm.....it has some potential but it dont it look like its very pleasing as of now. I woul first of all get rid of the vert feed and go powerfeed. second...change the milling in the sides. those triangle things just look odd. third...if the RT PRO sie rail was a different color or the body was chrome, it would go better. WOH WOH WOH....I dont know if any one will agree with this idea but if u made the site rail(which ever u go with if any) the same color and the body came with a forgrip and they were all the same colot it would look very good. I think so atleast. I'll prob come up with some more idea's but for now thats it.

speedballbanks
03-26-2002, 10:30 PM
one more thing what will the price be? i want one bad let me know hurrrrrrry!!!!!!!!!

Predater
03-26-2002, 10:31 PM
why not make the body rail part of the body. then there would be even more posibilitys. it could use the rt sear. then just find a way to insert the barrel twist lock from the underneath.

i do like whare your going with this. but i love my old school rt and my new rt pro. the ss tube is cool looking.

RT_Luver
03-26-2002, 10:31 PM
one more thing......does this go directly to regular mags like the RT PRO and 'Mag and Mini or what? will there be differnet boy styles like u have on the online store? also...can u make it outta aluminumthat way its ligher and and can be carved if wanted?

Aliens-8-MyDad
03-26-2002, 10:34 PM
i think its a bit weird now, but definatly a change for the better! i know this has potential. would it be able to work with regular mags, for those who dont wanna go E just yet?
hey, Good job i love to see new things, i think ima start drawing designs for bodys to take up class time from now on :D

magman007
03-26-2002, 10:36 PM
the milling is good, but it isnt agd milling. Its not ingenuitive enough to come from you guys. Get some rest then re tackle that one. Heep the vert feed, you have to keep the vert feed, y? because if you want to stay competitive you have to keep it. otherwise it looks good. I agree with the interchangable feed necks, maybe you could have something like a slider in there. you remove a pin then you slide it into right side, left side, or warp left or right side feeds.

Cardinal_Biggles
03-26-2002, 10:49 PM
The concept of a new body is excellent and should definitely be explored, but as others have said, the whole flinstones/jurrasic park look doesn't do it for me. I suggest having a dragon wrap-around design with gaps at the back so it looks like it wraps around the valve with the tail straight across the top, but at the front it coils up, and the barrel comes out the mouth of the dragon. With scales or something that would look awesome. Keep up the good work.

IceCool32
03-26-2002, 10:50 PM
Looks really,really nice. I like it alot. Now only if you could make the Feedtube/breech warp moducle acceptable, and shorten the feed tube, then it'd look sweet for sure. I like the body milling on it, it's alot different than the "standard mag" bodies that have been out FOREVER. Maybe it's just me, but that change is a good change.

magman007
03-26-2002, 10:54 PM
Cardinal, wouldnt that be the Boblong intimidator with its new dragon milling?????? i think agd will come up with something that will please us all

Rahman
03-26-2002, 10:59 PM
To be honest Tom, the design is not my sort of bag it's a bit conservative and the arching frame is abit "rainbowish" ..But I like where your going with the removable feed tube and the fact your reforming the automag mainbody..

govnamac
03-26-2002, 11:07 PM
I think the body itself looks great. It looks better without the sight rail, and needs a different body rail. Maybe if the body rail matched the body itself a little more it wouldn't look so odd. Also, the feed tube needs to be black, and maybe shorter. I really do prefer it over the regular body though.

I <3 MAGS
03-26-2002, 11:08 PM
Yuck! It just looks like a cheesy spin off of all the popular guns out there but mushed together. I like extreme bodies, those were original! Don't really want to say any more in fear of makeing people think im a A hole. Just my two cents anyway.

Richter
03-26-2002, 11:18 PM
I think most people use straight shots nowadays but would still like to use automag barrels on my marker. That is one of the benfits of using a mag. You might want to consider a breech such as in an angel. i don't know how many agnel users though use the breech; like i said most people use straight squeegies.

Personaly i would not buy one espeically if they were close to 200 dollars. (just guessing on retail) I would probably buy a hop-up body for galatic before this body espeically if i want one that takes cocker barrels.

On a side note a thing that would be cool is if you could move you feed port during play. Such as if you want to come out the right side of your bunker you can move your feed port to the left and vise-versa. It would be kinda like the old viewloader cradles for bottle movement during play only with the feed port. This is taking the extreme body the extra step from interchangeable breeches for game of play to insantant changabilty during play. If you make one i'll buy this.

Panzerr
03-26-2002, 11:20 PM
I don't really like it. it looks like it wants to look like an angel (if that makes any sense). I would love to see a body that will retro fit on my existing mag, though.

<edit>I forgot a suggestion

If you could make it look similar to the extreme, that would be groovy. I don't particularily care for the new body rail design, but I think a new design is definitly in order.

Nitroduck
03-26-2002, 11:21 PM
MMMMM. I must say its nice.

Heres some ideas for ya Tom.

Thread the feedtube with Angel threading...That way people can upgrade that part. Gotta leave atleast one part for aftermarket places, right?

Cocker thread gun, I hate to say it, but that has to go!

Make sure the gun comes in all sorts of fun ano colors.

Do something similar to a "ripper" milling job...It'd look very cool.

I think this could really offer people more.

If AGD could start offering a Mag with Superbolt, Intelliframe, that new body with a matching feedtube, and DYE sticks for $450ish area, I think you'd have it made in the shade drinking lemonade (and shooting out all the competition too).......Or for deadlier results, price it directly against Verticle Feed Cockers ($380area). And make a RTP Version in the $600 area.

Just remember Tom, some people fear changes, I dont so go with this great design.

As for milling....I think it looks good. But I wouldnt stop with just one milling style. I'd have one just for RTPs, one for Minis, one for Norms, ect. Then make a new style each year.

Nitroduck
03-26-2002, 11:26 PM
Hmm. Heres something noteworty.

I went to the most unfriendliest Mag place on the internet (the AOL paintball chatroom) and showed the design to everyone. Suprisingly, they loved the looks of it.

A few of the comments were like

"Thats Baaaaad!"

"I wish my old Mag looked like that!"

Then people started continously posting links upto the picture to share with everyone.

Miscue
03-26-2002, 11:35 PM
http://www.automags.org/~Miscue/rednextgen.jpg
http://www.automags.org/~Miscue/nextgenpurp.jpg

MajorDamage
03-26-2002, 11:36 PM
I think it's pretty neat looking. Weird, but neat looking!

ENDO!

FooTemps
03-26-2002, 11:38 PM
Hmmm... I liked what Q posted up. It's just that same body without the milling. It looks a lot better...

Kaiser Bob
03-26-2002, 11:43 PM
Now that ive seen it without the milling, I think it looks pretty darn good. So i guess my suggestion would be a different milling pattern. Other than that its great!

vf-xx
03-26-2002, 11:45 PM
I like Q's better. it leaves the body blank for easy custom milling, yet looks smooth. Personally I think that you should either keep with the twist lock barrel system or move all your designs to cocker threads.

I've invested much in Mag barrels and i'm not looking forward to buying a new set of barrels. However as the move with extreems and sfl's are going to cocker barrels maybe it's a logical step. It just seems that you need to pick one design standard and go with it.

RaV3n_Pa1ntba||
03-27-2002, 12:02 AM
Listen up :

Miscues IS PERFECT:

1. Needs some tear drop milling on sides
2. The back peice needs to be milled more to forfill the concave of the RT valve.
3. Put on a nice milled low rise
4. Blade frame
5. Include metallic colors: red, blue, green, gold, silver,
6. Include matching colored dye stickies with it
7. Super bolt
8. Matching Ultralight Boomer

= Extreem Mag :)

MajorDamage
03-27-2002, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by AGD
It does take cocker barrel.

This body will go on all our markers except the Xtreme and is meant to retrofit to existing markers.
So you are making the twist lock barrels obsolite!? Whats up with that? The twistlock rules :eek:!

ENDO!

Clare
03-27-2002, 12:05 AM
miscue: woah! sign me up for one of those purple mags!! :D

I like it, but like a lot of people said, the milling should be different...a lot more flowing lines would be great. Could it have interchangeable verticle and side feed adaptors?

AGD
03-27-2002, 12:07 AM
THANK YOU MISCUE!! Thats the type of feedback I was looking for!

AGD

Xzion
03-27-2002, 12:16 AM
Hrm, well, I think it looked alright, the first notion I got when I saw it was it sort of looked like something from the 'Alien' movies, either that or something from the mind of HR Gieger (whom did the art for 'Alien') I really dislike the 'triangle' and 'squared' look I think its primarily the taper at the back, which Miscue removed in his designs, and making the whole design much sleeker in my opinion.

As for the body rail, I think it should be made to either 'merge' with the body so it doesnt look like a 'body and rail' but comes together to visually form one piece, either that or have the body and rail one piece, though having them seperate would save having the RT sears and such, perhaps have a segmented 'body and rail' for standard mags andwhatnot and have the one piece 'RT' joined body and rail.

I personally like having the valve concealed like the xtremes, but thats just my prefrence, the only thing Id like is maybe a special version with an excessive amount of material for those who want to custom mill their bodies, this, should literally be virtually a square block with the bottom predone so itwould fit properly. Also, the removeable breech is an excellent idea, and should be more widely adapted to the line of markers, its one of those ingenuious things people expect from AGD.

As for the cocker threading, from what I understand, the cocker threaded barrels in the industry are not usually -exactly- the same, therefore causing some barrels to not -quite- fit properly, for example ive heard that cocker freak barrels don't really fit properly on extreme e-mags due to these discrepencies. As far as I know, I may be right or wrong about this, but should it be true, perhaps a threading system thats more closely the same from producer to producer, perhaps, as suggested, angel threads or something of the like. Or perhaps sticking to the twistlock barrels, which I honestly am quite fond of.

Well, thats my two cents on it for now, hope it at least makes a little logic :)

Maghappy
03-27-2002, 12:20 AM
i like miscues idea.... make it have a lowrise and interchangeable rises! one of the things AGD LACKS! i want to change my feed tube from high to low depending on game or where im playing on field, also miscues design is nice. give it some flowing milling horrisontally rather then vertically cuz it will look smoother and sleeeker.... it will just flow better rather then horizontal. id take off of miscues great ideas and make them even better

1) interchangeable/removable feed tube

2) milling options (vert and horizontal)

3) nice annoe :)

my 2 cents

clanger
03-27-2002, 12:30 AM
Tom I like mags looks lots but this one looks wierd!!! :confused: Here is some input onto what I would think would make the new proto-type look better. A more boxy look to the gun. I know this may make it look different then usual mags but I really think that a more boxy look to the gun would make the mag that much more attractable. Maybe a way to slide the bolt into place and still be able to visibly see the Rt-Valve logo and stuff. This would be a plus and a complete overhaul of the body of the gun!!! And I think it would look sick. Also try not to use the current milling. It looks like you put tiger teeth on the things side!!

Chris

I <3 MAGS
03-27-2002, 12:32 AM
Now thats what im talkin about! way to go Miscue.

AGD
03-27-2002, 12:35 AM
Ok guys here is a plain version, cut it up yourself. I also shortened the highrise.

AGD
03-27-2002, 12:51 AM
Here is one with a low rise integrated sight rail. This one we might be able to make as a one piece body.

AGD
03-27-2002, 12:58 AM
Here is another with a longer integrated sight rail. This to me has a completely different look.

FooTemps
03-27-2002, 01:01 AM
Tom, wanna go check out my sketch at the thread named "I'm pullin a dave!"?

MantisMag
03-27-2002, 01:05 AM
definitely leave it blank. milling is such a matter of personal taste. it'll be impossible to find something with universal appeal. we're all used to the tube look. many of us actually like the tube look. it's "clean" looking. functional. sleek. leaving it smooth without the milling gives us some of that feeling and still looks different and new.

Clare
03-27-2002, 01:31 AM
not much but here's my idea that I did on paint with 3 prongs on back, I had editing software that was remotely decent so that it wouldnt look like a 3rd grader did it. :( I have other ideas but after trying them on paint they weren't coming out the way I wanted them to. Anyway, I tried..it's just a plain body, couldn't do any milling examples on paint that didnt look any better than drawing them on with a crayon

Miscue
03-27-2002, 01:31 AM
Here's my photoshop file... if you want to mess with it.

http://www.automags.org/~Miscue/nextgen.psd

Lord Vader
03-27-2002, 01:33 AM
Actually, I think the plain with the longer sight rail looks the best. Looks original, yet classic.

Psycow
03-27-2002, 01:39 AM
Definitely the last design with the longer integrated sight rail, that is sweet. Maybe just add interchangeble breeches like the extreme so people can use their warp feeds on it.
:D

Tufiremn
03-27-2002, 01:39 AM
Tom, I love where your going with this one. The looks need some work, though I don't know what. Maybe keep the sides flat with a slight lip over the rail, then round the top and keep it the same size from the valve to the feed tube, then have a slight downward curve to it. I'd love too see one with a side feed (like the European extreme) for a Warp.

Anyway it works out, this would be an awsome bolt on replacement for an Emag, or RT Pro body.

Nevermind, I just saw the ones Miscue did, They look perfect, cept need that side feed.

Havoc_online
03-27-2002, 02:03 AM
I have been waiting for the chance to buy a body like this for my RT mag, mind you I have worthless programs for editing so this is ballpark. I would also love this in chrome.

btw the lines on the side of the warp hose are because it's interchangable with a vert feed?

Miscue
03-27-2002, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by Havoc_online
I have been waiting for the chance to buy a body like this for my RT mag, mind you I have worthless programs for editing so this is ballpark. I would also love this in chrome.

btw the lines on the side of the warp hose are because it's interchangable with a vert feed?

Chrome is kinda hard, but here's a shot.

../~Miscue/nextgenchrome.jpg

Havoc_online
03-27-2002, 02:16 AM
oooooooooo I like it, checks in the mail.

I have to say though, I hope it'll be made for mag barrels, I hate the idea of a mag with cocker barrels. I think that's worthless stick to what has been working for automag for years, I like swithing barrels in a couple of quick easy moves. I think others will agree...

FooTemps
03-27-2002, 03:16 AM
Uhg... It's 1:25 but I was determined to finish my work...

It's supposed to have a 15* z-grip.

manike
03-27-2002, 03:29 AM
I think the original looks aweful. I like Miscue's version more. And then the third of the three that Tom posted it getting there... but I still don't think any of them are the facelift or what is really needed.

Seems like you are going to make an aluminium body and keep a seperate rail... That to me sounds like a more expensive step backwards from the Extreme.

If you are going to do this why not use a one piece simplified extreme body and have that as your base model gun.

Then have the modular and C&C extremes as the higher level guns. It would mean you still have a family look about the products and dare I say it would emulate WDP's approach which seems to have worked so well.

I think in doing this you are almost doubling your work and repeating what has already been started by the extreme. Why not consolidate your efforts?

manike

luke
03-27-2002, 06:08 AM
I do like the body, except for the dovetail milled in the back where the site mounts. "86" the dovetail thing and add something like you did in the corresponding spot on the front. ADD the Warp feed-trap door, now your rocking!

gimp
03-27-2002, 06:56 AM
Why can't you just make that plastic body go back further, so it goes over the valve, instead of having the sight rail. In other words, just make the body longer in the back.

MikeCouves
03-27-2002, 07:07 AM
Well to me it's looks like it's "cheap". Like Spyder lookish, which I don't really like. I would use a matte black finish, without a doubt that is the sharpest looking finish out there. Also a body rail that is like Benchmark's, that one is PURDY! Also you should include a matte black sight rail, and foregrip. It would all match and it would be beautiful! You could then get them in nice colors, and mags would be prettier than Angels.

Temo Vryce
03-27-2002, 07:37 AM
Personally I like the plain body with the long sight rail. The Carved one you showed first made me think of an angel. Will this be a Verticle only body or will we be able to get it in PF and WF versions. I'm sorry if someone asked that already but my compter at work is a piece of junk and I'm having some trouble displaying the full thread.

Tom you said it's not an E-Mag, but the E-Mag valve may confuse someone who doesn't know better.

davej946
03-27-2002, 07:46 AM
Tom,
I think it's awesome what you guys come up with at the factory. However, I must say that this body is not for me. I kinda like the tube on a grip, but I also understand that that doesn't sell too much anymore.

I say, "follow your dreams, you can achieve your goals, I am living proof - beef cake, BEEF CAKE!" - Eric Cartman.

EDIT: I'm sorry, I hadn't seen Q's yet. I like what Miscue and Havoc came up with. Be careful though, you might get accused of copying the angel...

Later ~

Doobie
03-27-2002, 08:05 AM
Q's is right there! That is the one that made me say "Yes". It should be able to come in Power Feed or warp feed. How, with that body, I don't know. I must say that manike has the right idea:

If you are going to do this why not use a one piece simplified extreme body and have that as your base model gun.

Then have the modular and C&C extremes as the higher level guns. It would mean you still have a family look about the products and dare I say it would emulate WDP's approach which seems to have worked so well.
I am happy that this idea is even on the drawing board!
:)

miscue gets a free one!:D

Jonno06
03-27-2002, 08:06 AM
sweetness....i go to sleep,and wake up to 3 pages of inovative genius.I would like to see one with green body,black feed tube,green intelliframe,with black stickies,and black forgrip,thanx

JanssonSWE
03-27-2002, 08:38 AM
A design change and some recolors.

Fade
http://www.nihao.nu/emag/faded.jpg
Chrome
http://www.nihao.nu/emag/chormemaybe.jpg
And for Jonno06
http://www.nihao.nu/emag/supergreen.jpg

edweird
03-27-2002, 08:43 AM
Ok... my turn...

the original design looks ... um askew

suggestions

1. drop the center 4 hash mill marks and mill an AGD in to it

2. use an interchangable feed design or offer it in both vert and power feed (especially for warp)

3. if you change the milling try for a geiger-esque look when I first saw it that was what first poped in to my mind but the milling was just a bit off.

4. I love the idea of jewels and that is one of the cooler angel easter eggs that I would love to see AGD steal and intergrate. but lets try for durable metal ones. prolly with nifty swept lion theme, or a devil wing to cheeze off the angel guys. and make em all to fit the dovetail and compleatly un-usable on angels... kewl stuff draws converts. espeically when they cant mod their gun to accept it easily.

Now for miscue's mags
My first impression was a memory of the Delorian from "Back to the Future" Im not to sure if that is a good thing or not.

ok time for consturctive comments.

1. Im not to fond of the flat colors and the high rise around the feed tube. something about that bugs me. I am against the TOTAL lack of milling. Heck I think that a nice AGD logo on the high portions would just make that flat portion pop. or even a nice pewter gem cut and inlayed would also rule.

2. I assume that the highrise is removable via the dovetail. honestly that would be the first thing I would chuck.

3. Now for finishes ... Im used to seeing all kinds of anodized and powdercoated markers ... but I have never seen a "Parkerized" marker. (for all of you unfamilar with parkerization; its a weather and rust proof coating commonly found on firearms and is the most awesome gunmetal grey color)

4. How about a plain polished metal so if one was so inclined to have it custom engraved at the local plaque shop you could. On base we have this great laser engraving equipment and it can cut a any design I want in to anything i want. And I have been dying to use and abuse the thing.
***Also check this ~you could get your team name engraved~
How cool would that be?

5. This rehash also needs to be fited with the option for powerfeed. for all of us warp lovers.

this is all for now, I hope that this has been helpfull and one of these days I will stop slacking off and buy photoshop to bring my big dreams to life like all you.

Ed

Jonno06
03-27-2002, 08:54 AM
Thanx Jansson,could you make the little AGD gem green.I mean the writing,not the whole thing.thanx again.

azheat99
03-27-2002, 08:56 AM
Definitely lose the RT Pro site rail. Miscue is on the right track. Why not work on integrating the body and rail. Fewer pieces should introduce less margin for error. I also agree it would be nice to be able to change the feed tube to a low or highrise. Would the tube need to be perforated to decrease blowback? This would also open the possiblity to more aftermarket products and a more customizable marker.

AllAmericanMag
03-27-2002, 08:59 AM
Tom, that's an awesome design. A keeper.

Manuel_FZR
03-27-2002, 09:01 AM
JanssonSWE - looks great! Good work!

azheat99
03-27-2002, 09:04 AM
Just saw edweird's post. I also like a parkerized finish, but I think this is done on steel/steel alloys. It could be done on the current tube style mag bodies. I have seen annodizing done in a powder finish which really looks sweet. Looks similar to parkerizing, but not as durable.

Dave
03-27-2002, 09:05 AM
Ok, here is my take on it...I don't like the original design, however, I see TONS of potential...I have already seen many others do their own designs on this and the thread isn't even a day old(I think) Anyway, I think that is great that people can come and make their own designs out of it based on what they want to see, and for making this available for us to tinker around with, thanks Tom.

Anyway, on this draw, I did a major design change, and while the outer profile remaines nearly unchanged,the inward design is totally different. The basis for my design comes from a question: What can you do with a sight rail on a centerfeed marker? Isn't any sight or scope or anything else going to be directly in line with the feed tube, obstructing the view? Well, I decided to keep the rail on for cosmetic purposes, molded it to the body, and then go rid of the rail guided, so it is just a sleek tail fin. The best way to describe this design is between a jet plane and a hand knife. In any case, I have a lot more ideas and this is only my first drawing. I usually don't like my first drawings and end up modifying design and redoing it:) so here ya go.

mykroft
03-27-2002, 09:31 AM
Miscue's milling looks better.
Something like Ripper Milling, or WDP's milling on the Fly angel;s would be nice too. Ano in a Dust colour would be a good extra-$$ option.The long intergrated rail is also good.

Angel threading on the Vert feed is a must, that way you automagically have Low-rises and high-rises available, as well as WDP's new Gated feed. A Warp adaptor threaded for it would be a nice bonus.No need for a Powerfeed if you have a lo-profile warp adaptor available.

Move the mount point for the vert adaptor forward about 1/2" from where it's currently located on the body rail (Automag/minimag rail). This will allow better Intelliframe compatibility with Expansion chambers and thick foregrips.

Cocker threading on the barrels is good.

The modular sight rail is nifty, allows folks like me (Who hate the damned things) to take them off, while the majority of folks can keep them, or buy aftermarket ones.

This was pretty much what I had in mind when I suggested a low-buck non-modular Extreem body in the suggestions thread a while back.

Why not simply do a Extreem body without the modular breech? That should be even simpler. Also the threaded vert adaptor is a must on the Extreem vert breech.

Webmaster
03-27-2002, 09:38 AM
Argh - what about the fore grip? Everyone is obsessing over the body - which is important - but the damn foregrip looks like its from 1996... make somethint sleak and sexy - but not with the stupid finger grooves - whose fingers ever fit the grooves right?

as for the body - huge step in the right direction. The potential for new milling styles every year is great. Also -make the site rail removable - it will allow for people to take it off if they dont like it - and buy aftermarket ones..

Dave
03-27-2002, 09:46 AM
Out of all these(including my own right now) I like Miscue's the best, the only thing is-I can't help thinking how it looks exactly like an Angel. I am going to be trying to steer away from this type of design because from talking with Manike I already know that AGD(or at least AGD Europe) doesn't want to copy ideas. I think that AGD is looking for something new and fresh, and even if something looks really good, it might not be original, it is the key when you are able to tie both of them in together: Looks and originality.

-Dave

joker4hire
03-27-2002, 10:23 AM
If Angel owners are you most likely customers, why not put angel threads?? so they don't have to buy different barrels..

Ityl
03-27-2002, 10:29 AM
I think it needs to be like the extreme body and encapsulate the valve more towards the back. it needs to be less symetrical.

Now I looked at what is under JanssonSWE's post and it's basically the same design with different milling and I like it a lot. I think it covers the valve a lil more, so that's why I like it better.

WARPED1
03-27-2002, 11:00 AM
I like it,instead of starting round,going square,then back to round,keep the end blocky like on an Angel,with rounded corners.
Put a low rise on it.I like 1x triggers,keep single,make double an option.

WARPED1
03-27-2002, 11:09 AM
I'd use cocker threads,EVERY barrel company makes a barrel with cocker threads.EVERY SINGLE ONE!

WARPED1
03-27-2002, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Miscue
http://www.automags.org/~Miscue/rednextgen.jpg
http://www.automags.org/~Miscue/nextgenpurp.jpg CAN YOU SAY ANGEL?LOL,STILL NICE..........

ah137
03-27-2002, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by manike
Seems like you are going to make an aluminium body and keep a seperate rail... That to me sounds like a more expensive step backwards from the Extreme.

I agree with manike here. Also, keep it cocker treaded.

Long and short of is why not a un-modular extreme body, with differnt milling or little milling.

Later Hills

how about trying a new grip to

paint king
03-27-2002, 12:32 PM
Well i didnt read all the post so excuse me tom if someone already posted this. I have one of the older RTs and I was wondering if if you guys were making a body like that for it that would fit the body rail and banjo bolt? If not looks like im gonna buy a new mag and keep my RT the way it is. My one suggestion is put milling on it like the milling on the create an emag contest on the winning emag. It would be sweet if it had a milling or something as expressive as that. Thanks.

PB700
03-27-2002, 12:51 PM
Im not a computer wiz so i cant create a fancy drawing but I would like to see this design with a X under the feed tube and points gowing out from there something like this >>>X<<< and the ball detent part of the feed tube

Miscue
03-27-2002, 01:00 PM
By request, this is Cap's in purple.

../~Miscue/cap.jpg

Clare
03-27-2002, 01:02 PM
Thanks Miscue :)

Rooster
03-27-2002, 01:12 PM
I like the shape of the body. The carving might be a little deep and thick. I always like the scroll-work on older guns (firearms). Its very classy, but not over-stated.

Also make it so it can use this, or something like it:

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/loaders/twister_neck/index.shtml

Gecko
03-27-2002, 01:19 PM
Why not use the same extrsuion as the extreme and not mill it for modules? Wouldn't be hard to find someone to make the extrusion in the US, instead of importing it from europe. I like the looks of your idea Tom and wouldn't mind seeing it go into production.
Who would i have to kill to get a rough cad blank to play around with? If not could i get some basic dims?
I knew you guys would make the switch to cocker barrels immediatly after i broke down and bought an automag freak back........
sigh
Gecko

Bluntman
03-27-2002, 01:32 PM
Any idea when this whole new body would be available? Cause I like the idea of an aluminum body, and also I think the old automag bodies look pretty boring.

epterry
03-27-2002, 01:39 PM
I liked JanssonSWE's and Dave's milling I think its a good idea to keep available the old body just incase some one wanted to buy.:D

AGD
03-27-2002, 01:41 PM
We are not going to make a one piece body because with 100,000 mags out there everyone will want an upgrade. The design also allows us to make this on a 4 axix lathe in one step. That should keep costs to a minimum. Not doing the sight rail with a dovetail is going to cost you more and it looks like you dont want that.

I need more pictures of what you guys like.

AGD

Miscue
03-27-2002, 01:41 PM
Closest pic I could find for a comparison. After going through a lot of Angel pics... they really look quite different.

http://www.pbnation.com/attachment.php?postid=94121
../~Miscue/nextgenpurp.jpg

../~Miscue/angel.jpg

Jonno06
03-27-2002, 01:43 PM
ok,Is this the prototype for just the body? Or for the whole gun.Because with all these things on it it would be about 700-800 dollars.Then you would have a gun in all price ranges.

200-300=classic automag/minimag
400-500=micro mag
600-700=RT or RT PRO
700-800-this new gun thingy
900-1000=emag
1200-1300=SFL
1400-1500=extreem

im not sure about SFL and Extreem prices,but I think im close.It would be a very good idea for AGD to have marker available for every play,and budget.

paint king
03-27-2002, 01:45 PM
I suggest a milling sorta like the sfl with like a gem on one or both sides of the feedneck. Interchangable breeches sound good but i think it will over-complicate things. I dunno i might try and work out something in the shop with my milling machines today and post a pic. Im gonna focus on the back and front of the body and have some little milling in the middle. Thats all for now.

theraidenproject
03-27-2002, 02:26 PM
i think you should ditch that body rail. it looks like it has mini stubby wings. Also, warp is a must, otherwise i'll just stick to my warp body. I would give you guys a pic of what im talking about, but i dont have PS at school. I'll try and cook something up tonight, but im not too good at PS.

magmonkey
03-27-2002, 02:52 PM
ok
I like the body but I hate center feed
if you could base the center of the body to be dim. the same as a exteme, and mill it to use the same replacable blocks it would be great

DiRTyBuNNy
03-27-2002, 02:55 PM
Even though i'm getting out of paintball i think it's damn sexy...we should have a contest..something like "Design the Milling for the New SuperMag"...if Tom end up using it, the winner get a kit to convert his or her mag to the new body..and if they don't end up using the winner you can send them a warp or somethin..just an idea..

p.s. I call the supermag name..you could do a jewel that's a take off on the superman logo..hehehehehe...

magman007
03-27-2002, 03:22 PM
thank you webby, Keep the sight rail. As i said the sightrail offers so much in the way of customization. You could hire people to carve the names of teams out of a stock solid one, you could have your name carved, you could have the agd crest and slide it in there. there is so much you can do in the way of the sight rail. I cannot create anything with my computer because i do not have the skils to. would some one please put in the sight rail carved in in the E(from the valve showing) fashion and carve in Butterscotch Yo or jax warriors into the sight rail?

Ityl
03-27-2002, 03:37 PM
I'd say if you made the removeable sight rail different, to look more like what some of the pics have been showing, that would be the trick. I think that the removeable sight rail that is on now just looks out of place, it doesn't flow really.

Eagle
03-27-2002, 04:11 PM
I don't like centerfeed, but if there were a powerfeed version I would go for it

TITAN
03-27-2002, 04:29 PM
i think this gun looks sweet! i think after i sell my guns and get my ir3 i will defiantly get another mag if it had that body

EDIT: I gotta add this... Tom with this body you really need to make a base rail that goes with the milling so that everything flows into each other. also a nice foregrip that matches with the gun would look good too

Dave
03-27-2002, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Eagle
I don't like centerfeed, but if there were a powerfeed version I would go for it

Tom, I think this is a very very important point. A lot of mag users out there have powerfeeds. Probably the least number of different kinds of bodies of the automag is centerfeed! I see a lot more powerfeeds or classic feeds.

Now, my question is, would something like this work? That way you would give people a lot more options plus people with warps could attach the new body and use it without problem, or they could get a "warp powerfeed breech" and use their warp.

I see two major good points about a design like this:

1. It gives people the option to go powerfeed left or right or centerfeed without having to buy a whole new mag body.

2. If you are running a warp, and the warp dies, you can instantly snap off the warp breach and attach a centerfeed breech. I know I can't do this with my mag p/f body right now. It has a warp with the hose through it, and I have it so compact that if I broke a ball in the hose or chopped, I couldn't take of the hose or anything, I would have to take apart the whole marker.

This picture is not cosmetically designed, just showing you the basic principal. Also I have no idea how the breaches attach, whether they screw on or snap on, or lock on.

-Dave

CameraGuy
03-27-2002, 04:45 PM
1. I like the JanssonSWE body as is. The thing looks amazing

2. Second favourite is the raw body with the longer integrated sight rail. I'd like to see a picture of this one where the back of the sight tapers down to the valve at the same angle as the lines on the body

3. If you go with vert feed, it should definitely be removable with angel threads

The picture I attached is just a 5 minute hack job, but I prefer the body with the darker feed and sight

TITAN
03-27-2002, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by CameraGuy

3. If you go with vert feed, it should definitely be removable with angel threads

YES, most definatly... that way we can use the new gated feed with it:D

DiRTyBuNNy
03-27-2002, 06:06 PM
Supermag!Supermag!Supermag!Supermag!Supermag!Super mag!Supermag!Supermag!Supermag!Supermag!Supermag!S upermag!Supermag!Supermag!Supermag!Supermag!Superm ag!Supermag!Supermag!Supermag!Supermag!Supermag!Su permag!Supermag!Supermag!Supermag!Supermag!Superma g!Supermag!Supermag!Supermag!Supermag!Supermag!Sup ermag!Supermag!Supermag!Supermag!Supermag!Supermag !Supermag!Supermag!Supermag!Supermag!Supermag!Supe rmag!Supermag!Supermag!Supermag!Supermag!Supermag! Supermag!Supermag!Supermag!Supermag!Supermag!Super mag!Supermag!Supermag!Supermag!Supermag!

RiceRocket
03-27-2002, 06:26 PM
A little P-shop on Miscue's designs.

DiRTyBuNNy
03-27-2002, 06:30 PM
MANNY'S HERE!!!!! and just like usual..this guys **** is tight...

Havoc_online
03-27-2002, 06:32 PM
I would just really like the option of a sidefeed for the warp, tom is this possible? how much would it cost me for like 1 or 2 bodies like this if at all possible?

TITAN
03-27-2002, 06:39 PM
i just took a look at the whole thread and WOW! i really really like JanssonSWE design. Please! Tom Please! make that design! Also have a good lookin foregrip on it

DiRTyBuNNy
03-27-2002, 06:40 PM
Probably a whole bunch Havoc..they have to have a whole different CAD profile for a warp body....it's possible..but you'd have to pay extra for it...big $$$$$!!!

Havoc_online
03-27-2002, 06:46 PM
I know it'll cost but I want one, I really wanna know how much though

I would love it excatly like I have it or as close as can be with a twist lock for automag barrels and the ability to mill my name on the side

I'd pay good money for that esecially in chrome(oooooooo)
if anyone can do this I'd pay top dollar for it

DiRTyBuNNy
03-27-2002, 06:58 PM
from what's been stated before..the Supermag will be cocker threaded..so that's gonna hurt you right there..other than that..it's just gonna take buckets of lettuce to help you..

a person
03-27-2002, 06:58 PM
RiceRocket suggestion put the jewel by the feed. looks better, also could you put the body over the valve?

Dave
03-27-2002, 07:00 PM
Hey, RiceRocket's looks pretty nice. Well, this is my latest creation, and I think it's the one I am going to stick with, and really work on. A little rough around the edges, but I like the razor sharpness of it. Somewhat inspired by designs in the X-treme millings.

-Dave

flo
03-27-2002, 07:09 PM
i will post my designs up later..i gotta do some stuff :D

rudy
03-27-2002, 07:18 PM
well i think all these post and pictures show that it definetly has potential and could look really good my vote is to go with the plain unmilled sides and let people and custom shops make it all different ways for everyone, It can work it can look good.

InfinatyBPS
03-27-2002, 07:31 PM
Am I the only one that realy likes Dave's ideas?

Havoc_online
03-27-2002, 07:34 PM
lol, I feel like I'm the only one who likes the side warp feed

Cardinal_Biggles
03-27-2002, 07:42 PM
Here's my modest drawing of the dragon idea I posted about earlier. As you can see it is really different from bob long's timmy, with exception to the mouth idea. I also drew some awesome flame milling for the battery pack.
http://www.nventure.com/rkr/nelson/mag/dragon.jpg

einhander619
03-27-2002, 08:11 PM
You know what this desing says to me? Wannabe Angel. Instead on worrying about body designs and all this other crap, work on bringign all these truly great ideas we all see in the prototype section to our gearbags.

2UnREal
03-27-2002, 08:47 PM
Here are my thoughts:

1. JanssonSWE's design looks sweet, even if it costs a bit more, it would be worth it.

2. Tom, after making a cool new body, I think you should start selling the modded valves that are easy on paint that you will be including with the CNC Xtreem Emags. That way, you can sell the valves as an aftermarket upgrade, or maybe someday as stock. Then people won't be able to call mags blenders! Also, if you do make an upgrade valve, all aluminum would be cool. Then people cannot make fun of mags at all anymore because we got rid of their three main arguments: They are ugly, they are heavy, and they are blenders.

3. Angel threads

4. Keep away from the RT site rail, IMO it was one of the uglier designs posted.

Just my 2 cents.

theraidenproject
03-27-2002, 08:50 PM
keep in mind, i am pretty new to PS, and the only stuff ive done previous to this is photo editing. anyway, here are 2 ive done. please, i NEED suggestions. by the way, if you like the expansion chambers, theyre system x, i got 'em from donggie's site modifiedpaintball.com

theraidenproject
03-27-2002, 08:51 PM
the 2nd one

TITAN
03-27-2002, 09:00 PM
1. angel barrel threads and vert feed threads(so we can use the gated feed)
2. RiceRockets Design
3. A good looking base rail to go with this and flows with the body and
4. The LP ReTro Valve
5. The sight rail to me looks fine attached or not
6. Have a nice looking foregrip to match the style of the gun
i think thats it

Smoken
03-27-2002, 11:09 PM
I like RiceRocket's, but make it with the lower integrated sight rail. And who cares if it does resemble an Angel!? Angels are beautiful guns. Thats part of the reason they're so popular with those who can afford them. If some of these designs are possible and not overly expensive, this could begin a whole new era of the mag.

FooTemps
03-27-2002, 11:19 PM
Another crazy design by: ME!

The Valve is held in by three prongs. Unlike the cnc with one on the bottom and one on the top, this one top rail, one lower left rail, and one lower right rail.

Ov3rmind
03-27-2002, 11:28 PM
Sort of simple, but I like it (Photoshop quicky):

Ov3rmind
03-27-2002, 11:30 PM
Another with more milling (I'll do more extensive work tomorrow):

Smoken
03-27-2002, 11:40 PM
If it would work, that's a pretty cool design FooTemps.

FooTemps
03-28-2002, 12:06 AM
Wow... When I apply my idea to a real pic I get good comments. When I try to draw it, it looks like a love rocket. Amazing phenomenom...

Ov3rmind
03-28-2002, 12:21 AM
I really like the 3 prong idea FooTemps (you can tell, I used it in my second pic). I hope this thing gets stickied.

Clare
03-28-2002, 12:23 AM
I had the "3 prong" idea on my version of it...I guess I could have added that to the description and plus I was using paint :rolleyes:

FooTemps
03-28-2002, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by CaPoEiRa
I had the "3 prong" idea on my version of it...I guess I could have added that to the description and plus I was using paint :rolleyes:

But I sketched the "Love Rocket" body before you painted your picture!

Clare
03-28-2002, 12:37 AM
I never even looked at your "love rocket" lol ... aww foot dont think I'm trying to steal your design, we just had similar ideas is all..no biggie..I like yours better though

FooTemps
03-28-2002, 12:39 AM
I never even looked at your "love rocket" lol ... aww foot dont think I'm trying to steal your design, we just had similar ideas is all..no biggie..I like yours better though

BUT I USED PHOTOSHOP INSTEAD OF PAINT!

lol, it's fun being all whiney!

Edit: Hmmm... Did Cap and I just start a 3 pronged trend in design?

Potatoboy
03-28-2002, 03:42 AM
Got bored at about 4:30 AM and threw this together.

When I mentioned Tribal in chat people seemed a little interested, but no one's posted one yet.

So consider this to get the ball rolling.

I know it's a little off in a few areas, but it's for the general idea and I should be asleep.

http://www.synreal.net/users/tato/tato_supermag.jpg

BEEFYSAUSAGE
03-28-2002, 05:50 AM
I love this..........you guys are frekin unreal i always wanted a mag that looks like these...
RICEROCKET your remake of MISCULES is the bomb..
BEEFY.

ß.C.
03-28-2002, 07:16 AM
Heres an idea, it's outta the blueit's different. You can add spikes to the back of the mainbody to cover some of he valve. Sorry about the bad picture but it's the best I coud do :)

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
03-28-2002, 07:38 AM
You have to put those suckers on the market!!!!!
Try one with my "Sharky" design ;)
lol

Jonno06
03-28-2002, 08:19 AM
TheRaidenProject and Tator Tot have some of the best designes I think.And I guess those spikey things would work from BC's pic.I really like the milling on those.Tribal.

You should make all these prototype pics green,b/c green is awesome.

AllAmericanMag
03-28-2002, 08:33 AM
My fav's so far are JassonSWE's and PotatoBoy's.

ß.C.
03-28-2002, 08:39 AM
Flames instead of the spikes would be SICK bt it'd probably make it cost a lot more cosidering the miling between the STO and Black Magic.

Also CoFFeY[NiTrO]: thats prtty cool, does AGD have a mascot of sometype? Maybe you could tick that in the back like coffey here showed us.

DjGruv
03-28-2002, 11:58 AM
I really hope your going to make these. This with the aluminum valve would be perfect!

skirts
03-28-2002, 12:05 PM
i like the idea of something flowing from front to back
also the rail needs to go so i thinned it out and milled it out,and changed the front grip also, i think this gives the whole gun a smoother look

Ov3rmind
03-28-2002, 01:54 PM
Sorta' updated:

Ov3rmind
03-28-2002, 02:04 PM
Changed grip:

Ov3rmind
03-28-2002, 03:15 PM
Here's one for single trigger fanatics (like me):

TITAN
03-28-2002, 03:17 PM
I WANT RICEROCKETS OR POTATO BOY'S TRIBAL!!!

einhander619
03-28-2002, 03:45 PM
Here is a little something I drew up while listening to everyone complain about the new gun design. I heard alot of people complain about the sight rail, milling, lack of the AGD body tube design, and other stuff. My design incorporates the new school design while keeping a body tube, and as you can see the body is slotted to accpet warp feed setups. Lemme know what you think, and feel free to photoshop the **** out of it.

Aliens-8-MyDad
03-28-2002, 04:33 PM
now dats a badd arse lookin gun

skirts
03-28-2002, 07:41 PM
since were all trying to make this thing look like an angel, how about this

RTMAGBOY13
03-28-2002, 07:58 PM
sweeeet ideas this thing looks kewl

FooTemps
03-28-2002, 08:14 PM
Erm... Does mine really look like an angel?

Lorquas
03-28-2002, 08:29 PM
i see a lot of good ideas, most are just looks tho, My favorite idea is the 3 prongs, so you could kinda have sight rails on the side. that would totally rule, making aiming a lot easier/better.

FooTemps
03-28-2002, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Lorquas
i see a lot of good ideas, most are just looks tho, My favorite idea is the 3 prongs, so you could kinda have sight rails on the side. that would totally rule, making aiming a lot easier/better.

YAY! I actually did something right for once! lol... Cap beat me to it on this thread but my love rocket body was the original 3 pronger...

Aliens-8-MyDad
03-28-2002, 08:59 PM
lol foo and his love rocket, he just wont put down the idea of it :o

FooTemps
03-28-2002, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Aliens-8-MyDad
lol foo and his love rocket, he just wont put down the idea of it :o

:p I'm proud of my love rocket mainbody!
:D

Clare
03-28-2002, 09:15 PM
Cap beat me to it on this thread but my love rocket body was the original 3 pronger...

:rolleyes: foot just wants all the spotlight

FooTemps
03-28-2002, 09:27 PM

:rolleyes: foot just wants all the spotlight

YES! I DO! ;) :: psst... I'll pay you 5 dollars to shut up :: j/k

theraidenproject
03-28-2002, 09:40 PM
i call it the Mad Mag! get it? hahahahaha

RTMAGBOY13
03-28-2002, 09:55 PM
i like the one he claims a angel lookin one its looks sweet

CRiZO
03-28-2002, 10:00 PM
einhander619, that is the coolest ****ing thing I have ever seen, lol, I don't know how to describe how much I like that.

Bonx0007
03-29-2002, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by RiceRocket
A little P-shop on Miscue's designs.
This is my fav. Good work!!!

Bonx0007
03-29-2002, 12:50 AM
oops

TITAN
03-29-2002, 12:57 AM
we need it to be RiceRockets design

with angel vert feed threads
optional lp retro valve system
a base rail that flows with the body design
a good looking foregrip
stock superbolt

itll be sweet:D

FooTemps
03-29-2002, 01:06 AM
Why do we want the supermag to be a mechanical angel clone?

TITAN
03-29-2002, 01:14 AM
what more could you want from a mechanical gun?
the greatest mechanical gun of all with the most beutiful electro styling.

Tom, please make RiceRockets style...
w/
a nice foregrip and base rail that flow with the body
lp rt system
angel vert feed threads(for gated feed)

FooTemps
03-29-2002, 01:21 AM
I say make something unique and cool... Don't follow the trends, start them.

Aliens-8-MyDad
03-29-2002, 01:33 AM
rice rockets kicks arse dont move the jewl it looks great there. does anyone know how much these bodys will be costing?

kutter
03-29-2002, 09:33 AM
I am not sure why some folks think it looks like an Angel. I have always found Angels to be somewhat clunky in appearance, with all the body up forward. This design, whichever one they go with, has a much more streamlined appearance, look at the body under the barrel for example, and Angel is about 1.5" wide there, with what I assume are the LP chambers, or maybe its where the elves live, I don't know, but I digress.

The new design does not look any more like and Angel, than a F40 looks like a Countach(if you do not know what those are, look it up:D). They have a similar appearance, but no one who knows anything about either gun will ever confuse the 2 of them, and frankly if they get them confused then they probably aren't worth worrying about anyhow.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Tim Jacobitz
03-29-2002, 10:45 AM
It looks kinda like an angel but i also kinda like it. 2 questions though. Will it still be a twist lock body? And if it is not a twist lock body will it be availble in side feed?

skirts
03-29-2002, 12:45 PM
what do you think of this one, check out the rail and front grip, pick a color

iisp0tii
03-29-2002, 01:12 PM
that ones nice, just angle the back of the rail more.

einhander619
03-29-2002, 01:48 PM
Thanx for the feedback, guys. Hey, could anyone do up a version of ricerockets with a 15 degree tilt on the forgrip? Man, I really can't type.

a person
03-29-2002, 03:21 PM
Whoa wait stroke of genius coming...skirts picture, add the site rail on top, near the back, where most are going. Make the sliding site rail feature there. It will look cool. In other words, insert a site rail on top of skirts. I would make a design, but i dont have the applications to do it. can some one do this for me? Also, the base rail looks great, loose the grip though and add a jewel somewhere, like in Rice Rocket's.

TITAN
03-29-2002, 03:26 PM
i like RiceRockets the best of all the only thing it needs is a better sculpted base rail and foregrip to flow with the milling...

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
03-29-2002, 03:55 PM
Well, I couldn't figure out how to make it look like it was milled so i just played around with the tools in PSP :p

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
03-29-2002, 04:08 PM
also I love the body design on this one..

RT 01037
03-29-2002, 04:56 PM
theraidenproject i like the escher

skirts
03-29-2002, 06:08 PM
i think this is the last one im gonna post

TITAN
03-29-2002, 06:22 PM
wow! that looks really good

Tim Jacobitz
03-29-2002, 06:33 PM
I really like the sharkey style one but it should be the other way around, with the mouth where the barrel screws in.

InfinatyBPS
03-29-2002, 07:00 PM
I think skits is the best...

Gup44
03-29-2002, 07:06 PM
I like Bonx0007's. Very Nice.

Flamebo
03-30-2002, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by Bonx0007
oops

I'm not big on the original design (on this thread) at all. I'd much rather choose another of the other existing E-mags over it.

I'd say Bonx's version is by far the best looking gun on this thread. I'd start using his as a base, and play with things like:

-Moving the foregrip up, or the main grip back
-different feed tube
-changing/lowering the dovetail, or maybe not. It looks good as is.

Just my opinion, but I'd go from there.

fearc7
03-30-2002, 07:28 AM
i like toms and JanssonSWE the most. i like that color a lot. btw, miscues looks a little like an ironman angel, but not rally any other. looks great tom.

fearc7
03-30-2002, 07:30 AM
btw i realy lik skirts body rail.

Bonx0007
03-30-2002, 12:08 PM
hey guys that is not mine I just reposted miscues.

Bonx0007
03-30-2002, 12:14 PM
Tom these new bodies need to be warp compatible. Also, if there is a problem with vert feed and the whole ball on deck thing why not make them powerfeed bodies?

TITAN
03-30-2002, 12:20 PM
they have to be RiceRockets design WITH Vert. Feed(w/ angel threads)and a foregrip and base rail that flow with the milling>lp retro system(and superbolt)

Also, Is this going to have Twist lock barrels or is it going to have threaded(if threads please make it angel)

Bonx0007
03-30-2002, 12:25 PM
they will be autococker threads.

Panzerr
03-30-2002, 02:03 PM
I like RiceRocket's and einhander619's designs.

Grey_Goose
03-30-2002, 02:10 PM
Here is my concept:

Foregrip ASA
Like the Minimag, put one of these on there to give people a lot more versatility in their options; I chose a DYE foregrip in the sketch

Xtreem styling cues
Just like Honda, Toyota, BMW, etc all have a recognizable shape to their product lines, I borrowed styling features from the Xtreem on the body with simpler lines. Make the markers a family w/ echoes of the styling features of the flagship marker.

Micromag cf
I don't care much for the high rise, but do like the look of the Micro vf necks, so I swapped it out.

The body rail & Intelliframe are unchanged. Obviously AGD is looking for reduced manufacturing costs by integrating the existing body rail.

The dovetail sight feature was also unchanged on mine; I like that concept a lot.

RT Pro body rail
I would like to see the body rail uncut so that people could put the foregrip adapter & foregrip of an RT on the marker; that would be a sweet option. Same thing w/ the Pro sight rail. This would give AGD a new market for components they already manufacture as well as continuing the product line "theme"...

http://vodkaworld.net/pb/mag-tng.jpg

http://vodkaworld.net/pb/mag-tng2.jpg

Bonx0007
03-31-2002, 11:01 AM
well presented and I like the echoing design concept. This I believe is something that would show some prestiege to the entire line of markers. Well Done.

thei3ug
03-31-2002, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Grey_Goose
Here is my concept:

http://vodkaworld.net/pb/mag-tng.jpg

http://vodkaworld.net/pb/mag-tng2.jpg

Listen to this guy. he has said all that I feel and then some.

Except for the dye foregrip. :)

Oh, and HARDLINES. I'd love to see a standard hardline put on the rtpros to a vertical ASA with a quick disconnect to the valve, maybe something like the old toxic toyz hardline.

And maybe an internal cavity or body recess to run the line through the grip on the Emag, so you don't have the obnoxious hose.

liigod
03-31-2002, 12:29 PM
if you want a tip, make a gun look like a gun. Or a marker lookl ike a marker. dont make it look like some weird organism that you found under your toilet. I know you may have some weird stuff down there TK but dont make guns that look like it. And i like the Bugs design

Grey_Goose
03-31-2002, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by liigod
And i like the Bugs design
:confused: those sketches are mine...

athomas
03-31-2002, 05:47 PM
There are some nice bodies here.

Personally, I think the body should be integrated into the rail, even as an upgrade. It'll be easier for aftermarket cutters to custom carve the body design. I don't think it would be too much more expensive than just the body design.

Also, make the body with an interchangable breech option for a screw in barrel or a standard mag twist barrel. This could be easily done if the body and rail are integrated.

obsolete898
03-31-2002, 05:59 PM
^^^^ Then they'd have to make some crazy doo hicky to get the sear out.

I can't wait for a new body to come out. I want one and I really think it will boost the populatrity of the Mag. To many people want to get cockers cause of thier cool look, and "all the Pro's use them" mentality.

FooTemps
03-31-2002, 05:59 PM
My idea is to integrate the body rail into the grip frame...

PaInTbALL zAcH
03-31-2002, 06:02 PM
that would make it impossible to convert old mags though

TITAN
03-31-2002, 06:02 PM
i say keep the base rail seperate

soo... do we have any idea when these will be released? im getting one right after i get my ir3:D. I just hope they use RiceRockets or JanssonSWE's i also really like Skirts... but i would just like to see a base rail and foregrip that flow with the body style... i would also really like to see these come stock with superbolts and intelliframes and possibly these lp retro systems ive been hearing about... also another thing i would like to see is a vert feed with angel threads so we can use the new ir3 gated feed... i would just like to say good job to everyone that has drawn up designs:D

tom please get back to all of us on all the stats of this new gun;)

FooTemps
03-31-2002, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by PaInTbALL zAcH
that would make it impossible to convert old mags though

It won't be impossible to convert old mags... You just take off the mag body rail and you put the gripframe with integrated body rail on...

thei3ug
03-31-2002, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Grey_Goose

:confused: those sketches are mine...

I know how you feel Goose, had that happen to me. Sorry.

striker
03-31-2002, 07:35 PM
Looking good! :)

Mega Man
03-31-2002, 09:14 PM
einhander619, that is almost EXACTLY what I had always thought about. I thought to make an integrated body rail and breech. The breech would be the same tubular shape as it is now but the body rail would connect over the breech to secure the body together more and provide a new look. The new part could "snap" into place and "unsnap" when you need to take the gun apart to clean it. In the picture I did a 2 prong prototype but the 3prong idea seems to be very popular and I am leaning towards this idea myself any ways here is my idea along with einhander619's. *sorry but the picture colors are kind of messed up*

Super 3
03-31-2002, 09:43 PM
Concerning the original pic post i think the addition of the AGD logo in there some way or some how would be a nice addition to it. Also what if you simply stuck with multiple detachable rails and left it up to the buyer as to whatever rail he or she wanted.

halo13
04-01-2002, 12:00 PM
I love the new body idea! Someone should throw together a picture of the body on an Emag!!!

Psychedelic
04-01-2002, 01:56 PM
The milling needs some work... but the marker is beautiful... Tom Kaye the paintball god has done it again.

Creative Mayhem
04-06-2002, 03:56 PM
Nice! I need to tell you that the body goes well with the Rt rail but not with the foregrip.... Maybe something else than the one there. IT is very good so far though...
Creative Mayhem

TITAN
04-06-2002, 04:26 PM
Tom- can we have a guesstimate of when these will be available? thanks

speedballbanks
04-07-2002, 06:56 PM
maybe for the foregrip a hollowed out e-mag batttery that would look pretty sweet

DiRTyBuNNy
04-07-2002, 07:01 PM
like i said before...in a thread and in the mini WLIPP we did a week or so ago...have a "Design the new Proto Body Mill job" Contest and give the winner the first body off the line in their choice of Anno..that would be sooo cool...(I'm not telling Tom what to do..only trying to do something to generate some interest and creativity..that's all..)

speedballbanks
04-07-2002, 07:07 PM
i agree with dirtybunny that sounds great could we do that tom?

PaInTbALL zAcH
04-07-2002, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by FooTemps

It won't be impossible to convert old mags... You just take off the mag body rail and you put the gripframe with integrated body rail on...

itd be cool but you would have to pay more for an aftermarket frame with a built in rail and your old rail and frame ( which in a lot of cases are the sweet intelliframes) would be worthless.

I dont have a lot of extra money to spend and i like my frame and rail. all I really want is the body and the rail if its built in.

speedballbanks
04-07-2002, 07:10 PM
yeah i would also like to keep my body rail and intelliframe just the body would be great it would look more unique when people have different guns i mean agd can still sell the gun as a hybrid or something but make it an option just to buy the body.

bamboo
04-09-2002, 04:37 PM
hmmm

i think everything looks alright and all judgin from what i've seen. It seems to me that AGD wants to answer the declaration of "all mags look alike." while the new designs look sorta cool, they look to me and a lot of people reminiscent of an angel, especially once u start really streamlining the shape. also from what i gather a lot of people want to change to cocker threads and angel vert feeds.

i dunno if this has to do with this post all that much, but i think it would be best if AGD evolved the tube-lookin design rather than totally changed it around to something that doesn't look like AGD. absolutely changing the basic shape of the mag will in my mind be like selling out, not to mention if u switch to cocker threads.

suggestion: make the mag body "fatter" with more stuff to mill without taking away the essence of the automag. i felt this was achieved in the RT and the Emag, which look advanced and original while retaining the great mag look.

RT_Luver
04-13-2002, 04:07 PM
are these bodies gunna be available for the regular E-mag?

DiRTyBuNNy
04-13-2002, 05:11 PM
uummm..nope..just for the regular mag..the bodies don't fit each other's rails..without a little work...

rjvemt1
04-23-2002, 07:39 PM
how about developing with the trap door feed in-mind, and maybe a left-right switchable breach. i think that the round-to-square-to round look is much more compatible for the trapdoor feed than the standard round body. the trap feed would also solve your sight rail problem, besides, i have never understood a sight rail on a vert feed,what are you looking at? the back of the feed tube!

speedballbanks
04-23-2002, 07:51 PM
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh man he just hit the nail on the head trap door feed come on tom those things are awesome!!!!!!!!!!! pleeeeaaase but make them inexpensive well like 200-250 range plleeeeeeassse trap door feeds are so awesome it would be great is there any way you can make it a aluminum body with mag barrels because i hate the idea of cocker threads.

subbeh
04-23-2002, 07:56 PM
This thread got brought back from the dead.

speedballbanks
04-23-2002, 08:04 PM
yeah and brouht back with an excellent idea all thanks to rjvemt1 trap door i would have never even remembered how much i loved that thing if it wasn't for him.

RT_Luver
04-24-2002, 12:47 PM
what exactly is a trap door?? I know sorta but not really

Load SM5
04-24-2002, 01:03 PM
Trapdoor feed
http://www.automags.org/resource/tech/prototype/trapdoor_1.shtml

rjvemt1
04-24-2002, 04:26 PM
he could make it a straight replacement body for all types of mags, just like the warp feed bodies they already sell. that way you could just slap one on your existing mag/warp set-up, or buy a brand new 'trap-door' mag. do you think he'll gimme an autographed one for comming up with the idea?!

paintbattler
04-24-2002, 05:20 PM
that trap door thing is pretty sweet

speedballbanks
04-24-2002, 06:47 PM
man i am still thinking abuot that that is such a good idea.

and to the part about him giving you ne i doubt it unless he is in a good mood but i think i should get one for helping you sound good lol.

WARPED1
05-01-2002, 03:03 PM
Tom,any headway on this thing?Stick with your design,lots of the others look like Angels.If I wanted that look I'd just buy one.

speedballbanks
05-01-2002, 03:58 PM
ok here are my thought's on the design

*basic design no milling

*colors

*make it accept automag barrels if you can

*and have feed modules once again if the mag barrels won't work with that by all means sacrifice the barrel and go with the feed module

*use the trap door design pleeeeease do this

now with all of this said get to work lol

with a little help from rjvemt (on the trapdoor feed.)

Tyril
05-02-2002, 09:16 PM
Tom, those prototypes are damn sexy!

-Mike