Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yo dawg i herd u liek...

Yo dawg i herd u liek...

A little preview for the good little boys and girls of AO:

Printed in red because it helps hide the blood.

You guys ever get the impression that I can't stand playing with hoppers?
    "Accuracy by aiming."

Definitely not on the A-Team.

You need to bring that contraption to Dreaded Legends next month.

Friday is mag fed day.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    You need to bring that contraption to Dreaded Legends next month.

Friday is mag fed day.

Ah, but you see, therein lies the rub.

The rules are arbitrary, and some would consider this gun to not be "magfed". And they would certainly not consider the way I would use this system "magfed".

Don't look at me; I'm not part of that crowd and never will be.

Needless to say it wouldn't do to travel half the country just to be subject to some capricious ruling entity.

I prefer playing in open rules anyways.

That is pretty sweet. I've looked at box rotors and thought about milling a mount for one. They are just so expensive

I asked about using a spring feed on mag fed day and got approval.

Picked up a BT SA-17, if I go for Friday I'll use it or the Sydarm.

The SA-17 is a pretty cool pistol once I picked up a dummy CO2 12 grammy and made it constant air.

That looks awesome! Nice job.....very ingenious design and use of parts. Is this something you're going to print and sell?

you are killing me.
    every time I see your stuff.
    I want to start making again.

but I cant.
    I don't have my printers

Quote Originally Posted by barkingspider View Post
    That looks awesome! Nice job.....very ingenious design and use of parts. Is this something you're going to print and sell?
    Nah not going to sell these. Going to release it as public (partially because it is chewing up a large chunk of my free space on Onshape). Trying to figure out the best way to attach a license in Onshape. Doesn't seem like they thought this aspect through very well.

Also bear in mind this requires a warp left classic mag and a matching barrel adapter... so just like everything else it kind of fits into my "system".

Lol, very cool man....btw, good seeing you at the field yesterday. They actually allowed us to play on the same team Lolol

is it expoxied in place?
    any mounting screws?
    you mentioned that it needed a warpleft body but would a hopper right powerfeed body work?

Quote Originally Posted by captian pinky View Post
    is it expoxied in place?
    any mounting screws?
    you mentioned that it needed a warpleft body but would a hopper right powerfeed body work?
    I think, bow it looks is, the piece fits in the warp hole, and is possibly sandwiched between the body and rail. Thus not requiring any extra screws to secure it. But the progenitor will have to chime in on exacting details.

But for mag fed, what ever floats your boat. Many things in this game are not for everyone. I am fine with the 200rnd hopper, yet love to dump paint when i can. I love to shoot. So if it works for you, so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stedspitcher View Post
    Lol, very cool man....btw, good seeing you at the field yesterday. They actually allowed us to play on the same team Lolol
    Yarly!

Saturday was awesome, but I paid the price:

DE AGONY OF DE FEET!

Still getting the the videos uploaded; it's like 5 straight games of me being a failure, including 1 game where I am hand-loading paint into my q-loader socket at the 50.

Design:

The cowl doesn't actually fit into the "warp hole", but extends into the warp cutout in the rail. That's what prevents it from sliding in the axial direction. I also put an inner ring in there to pass a zip tie through, and that's what secures it to the body; probably hard to see in the video because I used a red one. The zip tie goes all around the body/rail/gripframe and sits right in front of the front grip frame screw so it's actually pretty out-of-the-way. No screws anywhere except for the mag release mostly because I'm lazy. Hence the strapping tape to hold the 2 halves together. No epoxy. Splitting it in two makes it WAY easier to print with FFF.

This won't work with anything with a feedneck on it, or any ULE bodies with that big square section around the chamber.

Not to say it can't be made to work with other body types, but it won't come from me.

I'd say the design is mostly feature complete except for 2 more (possibly mutually exclusive) things I want to add. When I was playing with the detents in the cocker adapter, I noticed that the shape I used also functioned pretty well as a one-way valve. So I want to add a detent in there to prevent the balls that are already in the feed path from falling back out when I change mags (expecially for a mid-mag change), which is kind of a pet peeve with me.

The other thing I want to add is a view window to see paint status in that feed path, but unfortunately that would sit right where I want my detent.

You twist that left ankle ?

That looks like at least a month and a half of limping to me.....

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    You twist that left ankle ?

That looks like at least a month and a half of limping to me.....
    Yeah I got a lot of limping ahead of me. It's a wonder I made it through the day; laced my boot up good and tight around it.

The sad part is it didn't happen in the field.

I sprained it just walking back out to my car, because I FORGOT HOW TO PARKING LOT.

So uh... back on the part. Since putting a viewing window is going to be kind of inconvenient, I think I'm going to try printing the entire back half with transparent filament. Transparent isn't really transparent, depending on how you print it, but it might just be transparent enough for me to look inside and see what's going on. I'm already splitting the part to make printing easier, so I might as well make use of that "feature".

knownothingmags: you have any advice for printing with transparent filament to get the best optical clarity? 100% infill?

Quote Originally Posted by GoatBoy View Post
    Yeah I got a lot of limping ahead of me. It's a wonder I made it through the day; laced my boot up good and tight around it.

The sad part is it didn't happen in the field.

I sprained it just walking back out to my car, because I FORGOT HOW TO PARKING LOT.

So uh... back on the part. Since putting a viewing window is going to be kind of inconvenient, I think I'm going to try printing the entire back half with transparent filament. Transparent isn't really transparent, depending on how you print it, but it might just be transparent enough for me to look inside and see what's going on. I'm already splitting the part to make printing easier, so I might as well make use of that "feature".

knownothingmags: you have any advice for printing with transparent filament to get the best optical clarity? 100% infill?
    I had a temperature table to get the clearest print, I had to do the math myself to create the table.
    I have no idea where that table is.
    temperature has a small amount to do with clarity.
    and then the manufacture has a lot to do with it.

play with it, do some test prints.
    try tglass maybe? ive never printed with it yet though so I have no idea on it.
    Last edited by knownothingmags; 12-22-2015 at 05:47 PM.

i could get into this.

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    I had a temperature table to get the clearest print, I had to do the math myself to create the table.
    I have no idea where that table is.
    temperature has a small amount to do with clarity.
    and then the manufacture has a lot to do with it.

play with it, do some test prints.
    try tglass maybe? ive never printed with it yet though so I have no idea on it.
    Yeah... screw it I'm going to leave that feature off the table for the time being. I think I can get away with just a 2mm piece of acrylic as the view window somewhere later down the line.

Yeah... screw it I'm going to leave that feature off the table for the time being. I think I can get away with just a 2mm piece of acrylic as the view window somewhere later down the line.
    you can print the window into it, capture the acrylic

Too much work for the acrylic stuff for the time being. Good idea though.

So I was testing the magmagwell this weekend and also experimenting with a brand new way to play paintball:

The thing worked great except for one thing: I chuff twice, both on the 10th shot out of the magazine. I was expecting this but hoping it wouldn't manifest. But it looks like I should address it.

It's not really the adapter's fault, as the next picture illustrates:

The follower is curved, which is usually good, but in some situations, it actually locks the last round into the curve instead of pushing it through.

It's not a huge deal; I have 3 possible solutions to this, none of which are mutually exclusive (so I could hit it with all 3 if I want), but just something to adjust in the next revision.

Otherwise everything works about as well as can be expected -- including the anti-dropout detent. I still lose 1 ball in a mid-mag change because my path geometry isn't exactly correct (fixable but I don't think I will bother), but in testing that 1 ball drops and clears completely out of the way and poses no threat. That still leaves 1 in the chamber and 1 in the pipe which will get stopped from rolling out if I do tilt the gun the other way while reloading.

Also going to make a speedloader to reduce fumbling...
    Last edited by GoatBoy; 01-05-2016 at 01:53 AM.

Was able to shoot this setup this past Saturday and I must say pretty dang cool!

The unknown comic has made a comeback !

Wheres the gong ?

How did I miss this?

This is stupid-cool.

I DUNNO HOW DID U MISS THIS?!

Modifying the Mk IV feed path was pretty easy, as it was a ... circle swept over a path to begin with.

The original was a "normal" feed path that took a ball-sized radius right angle turn.

I just made the radius much larger (not unlike what the parabolic plugs do), so that the ball starts turning inward as soon as it leaves the magazine.

That seems to do just the trick. Squishy high-friction reballs still get stuck, but regular paint pops right over the pusher. No chuffs on the 10th shot out of any of my mags today.

Also found out what happens if you pull the trigger while a magazine is disengaged -- the blowback is strong enough to knock both remaining rounds right past the magwell gate. So... probably don't want to do this unless absolutely necessary.

Goatboy, going to the triple play at Petty's next week?

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-TW View Post
    Goatboy, going to the triple play at Petty's next week?
    MMmmmm... kind of on the fence right now. I'm still letting my ankle heal, so no playing in any case. But if event managers allow me to fly my quadrotor out there and get a little game footage, I might drop by.

Are you playing? (What team?) I think I know quite a few people on Red.

MMmmmm... kind of on the fence right now. I'm still letting my ankle heal, so no playing in any case. But if event managers allow me to fly my quadrotor out there and get a little game footage, I might drop by.

Are you playing? (What team?) I think I know quite a few people on Red.
    We would walk-on and I haven't talked to anyone about it. I see a team on each color I could hang out with. I need to go to Taylor, Friday, so if the weather's decent I'll make a weekend of it. If you offer them some of the footage, they ought to cooperate. I need to try out my spring feed mag pistol and just play in general. I've missed the last few months. My son has been printing some quad copter frames and such. Hopefully he will make it also.
    Last edited by Spider-TW; 01-12-2016 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-TW View Post
    We would walk-on and I haven't talked to anyone about it. I see a team on each color I could hang out with. I need to go to Taylor, Friday, so if the weather's decent I'll make a weekend of it. If you offer them some of the footage, they ought to cooperate. I need to try out my spring feed mag pistol and just play in general. I've missed the last few months. My son has been printing some quad copter frames and such. Hopefully he will make it also.
    OK the mobile version of this forum is awful and mistakes editing posts for deleting them.

Anyways, hadn't seen that one. Interesting idea with the feed made of angle metal. Had an idea about the plug but I don't think it would work. I like the spring mechanism.

We'll have to see about the weekend, already emailed them about the quadcopter.

Another variant...

I don't like it.
    start over

:P